GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET, Thurs. Nov. 7th, 2013

+11
NEELY
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Have the Sens ever sold out a weekday regular season game that was not either the home opener or season opener?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, hopefully the Habs have some left-over hatred from being embarassed in the playoffs, and things go totally off the rails tonight, complete with Lehner pummeling Price, ala Emery on Holtby.  Extra-mega-bonus points if Karlsson drops the mitts with Subban and Stone-Cold-Stunners him into obliteration.
Moen has an orbital bone injury, Prust is another 2 weeks from returning to the lineup. They added Parros but the guy is no-longer the enforcer he used to be. Plus you put Kassian against Parros and then you still have Neil, Smith Gryba, Cowen and the Habs have an injured Moen.

I think the Habs would be in a very dangerous spot if they try intimidation. But that won't stop them from being chippy.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Storylines:
You forgot the most important one:

Will Subban be more focused on showing he's better than Karlsson than helping his team win?

Montreal radio was reporting yesterday that this would be Moen's first game back as well as Desharnais' return to the lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Have the Sens ever sold out a weekday regular season game that was not either the home opener or season opener?
Of course.  They had a season when they sold out every game.  Officially, that is.

Plus you'd expect Habs fans to the stands.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Storylines:
You forgot the most important one:

Will Subban be more focused on showing he's better than Karlsson than helping his team win?

Montreal radio was reporting yesterday that this would be Moen's first game back as well as Desharnais' return to the lineup.
That's like saying "Storylines: let's not forget 'Sunrise: will it happen again like before?'"

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It is mentioned in the original post, but it's a special HNIC broadcast tonight, so we get the full Hughson/Galley/Amber treatment, plus a Bryan Murray interview in the 1st intermission.

Hurray!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not much banter on tonight's EPIC matchup! What gives, GMHockey? Everyone still holed up in bunkers? You should've hooked up wifi, like I did in the Diefenbunker!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Not much banter on tonight's EPIC matchup!  What gives, GMHockey?  Everyone still holed up in bunkers?  You should've hooked up wifi, like I did in the Diefenbunker!
You may remember the following comment from earlier today:

SeawaySensFan wrote:I guess there's not as much interest in this ice hockey match as I thought. tumbleweed
Looks like it's as true now as it was all those many hours ago...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Not much banter on tonight's EPIC matchup!  What gives, GMHockey?  Everyone still holed up in bunkers?  You should've hooked up wifi, like I did in the Diefenbunker!
You may remember the following comment from earlier today:

SeawaySensFan wrote:I guess there's not as much interest in this ice hockey match as I thought. tumbleweed
Looks like it's as true now as it was all those many hours ago...
As a rule I don't read other posts. Sorry 'bout that.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
3. Lots of tickets still left.  If we can't sell out against the Habs after last April, will we ever have a sell out this season?
Apparently we weren't selling them out before, they were just handing out free tickets to people to fill up the seats.

That stopped this year, which is why it's more empty.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The banter on this site mirrors the excitement in town for the matchup.....non-existant. That would explain the lack of ticket sales. Ottawa should be better than this though...

Good seats on stubhub right now

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
3. Lots of tickets still left.  If we can't sell out against the Habs after last April, will we ever have a sell out this season?
Apparently we weren't selling them out before, they were just handing out free tickets to people to fill up the seats.

That stopped this year, which is why it's more empty.
Yeah and they jack up the price insanely for matchups like the habs and leafs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The arena is too big man... 20,000 plus seats in Ottawa is stupid. Toronto has 18,000. There is limited demand but unlimited supply, that's their own fault.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:The arena is too big man... 20,000 plus seats in Ottawa is stupid.  Toronto has 18,000.  There is limited demand but unlimited supply, that's their own fault.
They should be kissing Watson's Donkey to extend the LTR to the arena as soon as possible.  That would get some people in who don't want to inhale exhause fumes on the Queensway before and after the game.

And yeah the arena is too big.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wasn't too big when when we had no problems selling out

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Watson will do no such thing. They just built a new ramp for OC transpo to help aid in traffic congestion on the 417. Not sure how much it's helped, haven't been to a game this season

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:The arena is too big man... 20,000 plus seats in Ottawa is stupid.  Toronto has 18,000.  There is limited demand but unlimited supply, that's their own fault.
They should be kissing Watson's Donkey to extend the LTR to the arena as soon as possible.  That would get some people in who don't want to inhale exhause fumes on the Queensway before and after the game.

And yeah the arena is too big.
Jim Watson is proposing the World's Longest Footbridge to connect CTC with some place.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Wasn't too big when when we had no problems selling out
I'm excited for the changes melnyk wants to make i.e. remove alot of the boxes and replace them with party zones like in tampa bay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum