GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CLINCH DAY - Ottawa Senators @ New York Islandddddders, Sunday, April 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EST

+13
NEELY
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
cash
spader
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was cool seeing the reaction of some guys to making the playoffs. Turris and Michalek were giddy.

I think Matrix is the exact right guy to lead our charge in the post-season. He has shown time and again that he comes up big when it matters most.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Turris heating up now is such a good thing... hopefully he can carry that into the playoffs to give us some sweet scoring depth... Murray is looking like a genius now.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

If anyone finds a pre-sale for tix, let's post it here. I usually get one a day early so if and when, I will post it or PM it to anyone that is interested.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Turris heating up now is such a good thing... hopefully he can carry that into the playoffs to give us some sweet scoring depth... Murray is looking like a genius now.

Rundblad is -17 in Portland Facepalm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Turris heating up now is such a good thing... hopefully he can carry that into the playoffs to give us some sweet scoring depth... Murray is looking like a genius now.

I don't put a lot of stock into +/- but that's pretty bad for a guy many people claimed was the next great thing to come from Europe. He's 2, 3 years away from the NHL.

The Turris trade was an absolute steal and what Murray sold Rundblad at was 100% the peak of his value. He will never be a 1,2 guy in the NHL. Lucky if he ever becomes a 3, 4. He's an awful North American D man.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Anyone know the shootout stats? Just wondering what our chances are of catching Jersey for the 6th seed. I figure there's a good chance they win only 1 of their last 3. If we win all 3 of ours, that leaves us tied. However, they would still have 2 more wins than us, assuming we have an equal amount of shootout wins...

Just curious

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:Anyone know the shootout stats? Just wondering what our chances are of catching Jersey for the 6th seed. I figure there's a good chance they win only 1 of their last 3. If we win all 3 of ours, that leaves us tied. However, they would still have 2 more wins than us, assuming we have an equal amount of shootout wins...

Just curious

You want to pay attention to the ROWs (regulation / overtime wins). That's the first tie-breaker now.

If OTT catches NJ in points (i.e., ties them), OTT will move ahead into sixth. But for that to happen, we need NJ to start losing some games (and in regulation).

NJ's magic # right now is 3 -- 3 more points, and they lock up 6th. Considering that the alternative to FLA is BOS, you have to think that NJ will take this seriously, and that they may well grind out those 3 points before we even get a chance to face them on Saturday.

If not, however, and if OTT wins its next two games, then Saturday's game will be a very meaningful one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vandelay wrote:Anyone know the shootout stats? Just wondering what our chances are of catching Jersey for the 6th seed. I figure there's a good chance they win only 1 of their last 3. If we win all 3 of ours, that leaves us tied. However, they would still have 2 more wins than us, assuming we have an equal amount of shootout wins...

Just curious
If the Devils pick up 3 points... they lock in to 6th. We're 4 points back, both teams have 3 games remaining, and as it stands today, we have two more ROWs than they do. That last game of the season could be interesting.

EDIT: I see Rooney beat me to it. What he said.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

so...this is incorrect:

NHL By-Law 27.3 now reads as follows (with the approved revision in underlined italics):

At the conclusion of the regular Schedule of Championship Games the standing of the teams in each Conference shall be determined in accordance with the following priorities in the order listed:

a) First place in each of the three divisions seeded 1, 2 and 3.

b) The higher number of points earned by the Club.

c) The greater number of games won by the Club (excluding games won in the Shootout).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vandelay wrote:so...this is incorrect:

NHL By-Law 27.3 now reads as follows (with the approved revision in underlined italics):

At the conclusion of the regular Schedule of Championship Games the standing of the teams in each Conference shall be determined in accordance with the following priorities in the order listed:

c) The greater number of games won by the Club (excluding games won in the Shootout).
That's not the whole by-law... it now reads:

d) The higher number of points earned in games against each other among two or more Clubs having equal standing under priorities (b) and (c).

e) The greater differential between goals scored for and against by clubs having equal standing under priority (d).

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Never mind....I just realized I'm an idiot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Holy Dung! Didn't realize that.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He's hit like 10,000 posts since he went cold after the ASB. Good to see him have a multi-point game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Rundblad is -17 in Portland Facepalm

Remember when Matrix got off to a shaky start and everyone was all over him? And then he miraculously got better? Yeah, that pretty much coincided with Rundblad getting traded. Rundblad was (and still is, apparently) a defensive liability.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Rundblad is -17 in Portland Facepalm

Remember when Matrix got off to a shaky start and everyone was all over him? And then he miraculously got better? Yeah, that pretty much coincided with Rundblad getting traded. Rundblad was (and still is, apparently) a defensive liability.

Yah, not a big shock everything got better after Rundblad left. He was awful. Not an NHLer by any stretch at this point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can't really judge Rundblad yet, he doesn't have elite speed or elite hockey sense like Karlsson, so he'll have to be babied for a while in the AHL. He has excellent puck moving/passing skills though - and that's something Ottawa may find itself lacking in years to come on the 2nd pairing.

That guy shouldn't have been in the NHL as long as he was, we all knew it, he had/has a lot to learn before he can make a positive impact.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:You can't really judge Rundblad yet, he doesn't have elite speed or elite hockey sense like Karlsson, so he'll have to be babied for a while in the AHL. He has excellent puck moving/passing skills though - and that's something Ottawa may find itself lacking in years to come on the 2nd pairing.

That guy shouldn't have been in the NHL as long as he was, we all knew it, he had/has a lot to learn before he can make a positive impact.

So does Corey Locke.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Rundblad's game doesn't translate to the NHL. He wants to play like Karlsson but he doesn't have anywhere near the speed.

Turris is the kind of player we need right now, and he's already contributing a lot and will only get better. The deal is a win, regardless of what Rundblad becomes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum