GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CLINCH DAY - Ottawa Senators @ New York Islandddddders, Sunday, April 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EST

+13
NEELY
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
cash
spader
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can't really judge Rundblad yet, he doesn't have elite speed or elite hockey sense like Karlsson, so he'll have to be babied for a while in the AHL. He has excellent puck moving/passing skills though - and that's something Ottawa may find itself lacking in years to come on the 2nd pairing.

That guy shouldn't have been in the NHL as long as he was, we all knew it, he had/has a lot to learn before he can make a positive impact.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:You can't really judge Rundblad yet, he doesn't have elite speed or elite hockey sense like Karlsson, so he'll have to be babied for a while in the AHL. He has excellent puck moving/passing skills though - and that's something Ottawa may find itself lacking in years to come on the 2nd pairing.

That guy shouldn't have been in the NHL as long as he was, we all knew it, he had/has a lot to learn before he can make a positive impact.

So does Corey Locke.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Rundblad's game doesn't translate to the NHL. He wants to play like Karlsson but he doesn't have anywhere near the speed.

Turris is the kind of player we need right now, and he's already contributing a lot and will only get better. The deal is a win, regardless of what Rundblad becomes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You can't really judge Rundblad yet, he doesn't have elite speed or elite hockey sense like Karlsson, so he'll have to be babied for a while in the AHL. He has excellent puck moving/passing skills though - and that's something Ottawa may find itself lacking in years to come on the 2nd pairing.

So does Corey Locke.

See, I personally still don't think Rundblad will bust. I think he needs time in the AHL, but a complete bust? I can't see it right now.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Are we going to play our normal lineup the rest of the games in our schedule or are we going to rest of the top players and avoid injuries ? I remember how Kovalev went down on one of the last games of the season.

Chance of getting 6th are slim, all Devils have to do is gain more than 2 points, I think our chances of falling to 8th are higher. We should try and avoid a 1st round match up against Boston but it seems almost unavoidable at this point.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Are we going to play our normal lineup the rest of the games in our schedule or are we going to rest of the top players and avoid injuries ? I remember how Kovalev went down on one of the last games of the season.

Chance of getting 6th are slim, all Devils have to do is gain more than 2 points, I think our chances of falling to 8th are higher. We should try and avoid a 1st round match up against Boston but it seems almost unavoidable at this point.

Alfi will 100% sit a game or two, Spezza may as well, I can see Karlsson taking a seat and I bet Bishop gets into a game before the season is up. You will probably see Borowiecki called up too and maybe a guy like Petersson as well.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Are we going to play our normal lineup the rest of the games in our schedule or are we going to rest of the top players and avoid injuries ? I remember how Kovalev went down on one of the last games of the season.

3 points, but close enough.

I don't see us moving out of 7th, one way or the other.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is Bingo out of the post-season?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Is Bingo out of the post-season?

Since around February.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So the Black Ace squad should be a good one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

too bad i missed this game. I was in NYC for the weekend and apperently it's realy hard to make it to uniondale without a car. would of been fun to be there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:So the Black Ace squad should be a good one.

Yeah, should be stellar.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, we've been eliminated from 6th I think. NJ has 45 wins to our 41 with 3 games to go...

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

No - they have fewer ROW. If the Sens tie NJD in points, the Sens take 6th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:No - they have fewer ROW. If the Sens tie NJD in points, the Sens take 6th.

Ah, okay thanks.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle, we've been eliminated from 6th I think. NJ has 45 wins to our 41 with 3 games to go...

They need to get 3 points,. If we tie them in points at the end of the season we have the tiebreaker as we have 35 ROW and they have 33. They are the league's best shootout team I believe.

They play the Islanders, Jets and us. Need to lose to Islanders or Jets and we need to beat them in the last game of the year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle, we've been eliminated from 6th I think. NJ has 45 wins to our 41 with 3 games to go...

They need to get 3 points,. If we tie them in points at the end of the season we have the tiebreaker as we have 35 ROW and they have 33. They are the league's best shootout team I believe.

They play the Islanders, Jets and us. Need to lose to Islanders or Jets and we need to beat them in the last game of the year.

Red Wings I think Hoags.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Red Wings I think Hoags.

Yes you're right it's Detroit.

Hard to say, the Islanders are the Islanders (they were awful yesterday) and Detroit is pretty bad lately as well. They might win those two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum