GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils, Saturday, April 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EST

+11
Hoags
spader
SensHulk
cash
Ev
Flo The Action
Riprock
shabbs
tim1_2
TheAvatar
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils, Saturday, April 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EST Large @ GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils, Saturday, April 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EST Large
Who:Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils
What: Hockey ... it makes us
Where: CBC, MSG PLUS (HD), livetv.ru
When: Saturday, Apr. 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Why: Why not?

A week ago the Sens were in the hunt to catch the Devils and grab 6th. If New Jersey wins this afternoon, they will be 10 points ahead. BUt, you know what? The Sens were told by MacLean to play their last games like it was the playoffs, and if you take the last 7 games of the season as a 7 game series, then the Sens would have swept, and would not have even played the last two games, both losses. The loss to Carolina was a bit tough to swallow because it's a game they should be able to win, and because they were still on the hunt for 6th. But in the grand scheme of things, the Devils didn't lose to Detroit, so we could not have caught them anyway. The game against Boston was an even more "nothing" game. It was not really a preview of the first round match up (still "potential" at this point) because the Bruins were resting their #1 goalie, top D-man and 1st line center. If they beat the Bruins, big deal. On the flip side, though, if they lost, what would that say about their chances with those three in the lineup? MacLean should have done what Julien did, and rested his big guns. Play a boring, defensive game so as not to get blown out, but at least that way, if you lose, so what?

Anyhow, enough of that. There is one more game to play and it may determine who, we face in the first round. If the Sens lose, Washington wins and Florida gets at least a loser point, then Washington pushes us into 8th and a date with the Rangers (if Florida doesn't get that point, then the Caps grab 3rd and Florida gets pushed to 9th, as they would be tied in points with the Sens, who would have the first tie breaker).

Go Sens?

...Perhaps today *is* a good day to lose ...

Game Day Previews:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011021217
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400047821

IceChips:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-devils

Latest Updates:
Chris Neil crashed head first into the boards at practice and had to be helped off the ice. They were practicing shootout moves (really, Neil practicing *that*?) and he tripped over Bishop's pads and went head-first into the end boards. Luckily this was just a shootout drill and he was far from top speed. However it was bad enough for him to miss today's game (or at least that's what I'd read):
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/Ottawa/1305550861/ID=2220151333

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let me be the first to say, thanks for the season guys. Thanks for letting us watch even a few post-season games that matter, to us, this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Daugavins and Gilroy in, Carkner (and Neil) out.

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils, Saturday, April 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EST Blog3146widea-450x310

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neil is expected to be ready for game 1 of the playoffs. He might be listed as 5'11", though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

3-1/2 hours to game time, where is everybody?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm here ... but I should be elsewhere Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Me too Smile Need to do a bit of shopping for the kids. Apparently they don't fit anything from last spring/summer. Now I'm beginning to wonder why my mom let me drink coffee when I was 9 or 10. Was it to save money?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shopping and stuff too...preparing to smoke some chickens for dinner...yumyumyum.

Today's game is important to build some momentum, but also, that 1st round matchup versus the Rags is a little more appealing to me than versus the Bs. Hmmmm.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Grillin' Easter dinner tonight... chicken breasts, drumsticks and steaks... will have the game on the 70"... beers on the deck... all is good. GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Shopping and stuff too...preparing to smoke some chickens for dinner...yumyumyum.

Today's game is important to build some momentum, but also, that 1st round matchup versus the Rags is a little more appealing to me than versus the Bs. Hmmmm.

I don't get it. My wife went to get some groceries on Thursday night and the place was insanely busy. Went out to Costco just now to get my kid a new bike and it took 15 minutes to find a parking spot. Stores close down for *one* day and it's like the end of the world -- on *both* sides of the stat holiday.

On the way there I saw a black company Hummer advertising something like Kalie's Pet Grooming, in nice, flowery font and all. Nothing says "Pampered Poodle" like a black Hummer, I guess.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Costco was a gong show. Was at the one on Merivale this AM, around 10. People just didn't know where to go and flogged up the end aisles instead of spreading out to the middle cashes.

LCBO is a zoo also. Pretty much anything people will be scrambling for last minute.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look at all those empty seats. This is a playoff team? Great to see the Sens fan girl there singing loud and proud holding a Canada Flag.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who was hitting the high notes? I think it was the guy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where is the freaking interference call on Turris???!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Unbelievable!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum