GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CLINCH DAY - Ottawa Senators @ New York Islandddddders, Sunday, April 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EST

+13
NEELY
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
cash
spader
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle, we've been eliminated from 6th I think. NJ has 45 wins to our 41 with 3 games to go...

They need to get 3 points,. If we tie them in points at the end of the season we have the tiebreaker as we have 35 ROW and they have 33. They are the league's best shootout team I believe.

They play the Islanders, Jets and us. Need to lose to Islanders or Jets and we need to beat them in the last game of the year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle, we've been eliminated from 6th I think. NJ has 45 wins to our 41 with 3 games to go...

They need to get 3 points,. If we tie them in points at the end of the season we have the tiebreaker as we have 35 ROW and they have 33. They are the league's best shootout team I believe.

They play the Islanders, Jets and us. Need to lose to Islanders or Jets and we need to beat them in the last game of the year.

Red Wings I think Hoags.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Red Wings I think Hoags.

Yes you're right it's Detroit.

Hard to say, the Islanders are the Islanders (they were awful yesterday) and Detroit is pretty bad lately as well. They might win those two.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Red Wings I think Hoags.

Yes you're right it's Detroit.

Hard to say, the Islanders are the Islanders (they were awful yesterday) and Detroit is pretty bad lately as well. They might win those two.

But I want sixth. :crossarms:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We are 4 points back and have a head-to-head. All we need for them to do is lose *one* game before we play them at the end of the season -- of course we would have to beat the Canes and Bruins. If they lose to the Islanders, bonus.

The Red Wings have not been playing well, lately. Here's hoping that they clean up their act, and soon.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Next time, just trust me. Smile

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:We are 4 points back and have a head-to-head. All we need for them to do is lose *one* game before we play them at the end of the season -- of course we would have to beat the Canes and Bruins. If they lose to the Islanders, bonus.

The Red Wings have not been playing well, lately. Here's hoping that they clean up their act, and soon.

Actually, we need them to get no more than 2 points before we play them on Saturday if we want a chance at 6th. If NJ hits 99 points before we play them on Saturday, we can't catch them; if not, then we can still catch them. It's really quite simple.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:We are 4 points back and have a head-to-head. All we need for them to do is lose *one* game before we play them at the end of the season -- of course we would have to beat the Canes and Bruins. If they lose to the Islanders, bonus.

Actually, we need them to get no more than 2 points before we play them on Saturday if we want a chance at 6th. If NJ hits 99 points before we play them on Saturday, we can't catch them; if not, then we can still catch them. It's really quite simple.
Unless our game with them goes to OT...

Wink

Then they get the magical 3rd point.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Wink

If you re-read my post, you'll see that there's nothing there that suggests anything to the contrary.

Could make for a really interesting scenario in the end: imagine OTT wins its next two games for 4 points, NJ wins 1 of 2 for 2 points, and then OTT and NJ are tied late in the 3rd of their game. OTT would actually have to try to pull their goalie and go for it in regulation. Don't see that kind of stuff very often in the NHL.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Wink

If you re-read my post, you'll see that there's nothing there that suggests anything to the contrary.

Could make for a really interesting scenario in the end: imagine OTT wins its next two games for 4 points, NJ wins 1 of 2 for 2 points, and then OTT and NJ are tied late in the 3rd of their game. OTT would actually have to try to pull their goalie and go for it in regulation. Don't see that kind of stuff very often in the NHL.
That would be awesome. Vertigo

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Wink

There was also nothing to suggest that possible outcome either.

Wink

rooneypoo wrote:Could make for a really interesting scenario in the end: imagine OTT wins its next two games for 4 points, NJ wins 1 of 2 for 2 points, and then OTT and NJ are tied late in the 3rd of their game. OTT would actually have to try to pull their goalie and go for it in regulation. Don't see that kind of stuff very often in the NHL.
Buckle up!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:

Sorry, meant "lost in regulation". I hate loser points and I keep trying to pretend they don't exist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum