GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Mar. 24, 2012

+13
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
dennycrane
Hoags
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
sens4win
PTFlea
sandysensfan
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY - Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators, 7:00PM, Saturday, March 24

Two Saturday night games in a row, unfortunately the Sens are not on their old Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday schedule. Ottawa is hanging on to 7th with the skin of their teeth; well, literally, they could be hanging on by the skin of their ROWs. After an embarrassing 5-1 loss to the bottom-dwelling Habs, the Sens are right back at it facing the hottest team in the league. Fatigue may well be an issue as last night was a chippy affair with lots of majors and misconducts given out, skewing the ice times all over the place.

While the Sens will remain in 7th for at least one more day, regardless of the outcome of today's games, they could very well be tied in points with the Buffalo Sabres, who are also playing their second game in two nights. In Buffalo's case, their second game is against a decidedly easier opponent, as they host the Wild a day after scoring a decisive 4-1 road victory over the East-leading (not for long) Rangers.

Ben Bishop, who gave up two goals while relieving Anderson in the second period, will get the start. Carkner and Daugavins also get un-scratched (I'm guessing Gilroy and Konopka sit).

NHL.com gameday preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011021120

Last edited by wprager on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Would have shaken up the team and started Lehner.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Carkner and Daugavins will draw in, too. Hopefully that means Konopka out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thiessen looks to get the start for Pittsburgh.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Carkner and Daugavins will draw in, too. Hopefully that means Konopka out.

This is the end of Gilroy in Ottawa IMO. Mac tried to use him as much as possible, but the guy sucks.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

EDIT - I loved that series.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

$10 on the line. If Sens win, I pay Ev $10 - If the Sens lose, I get $10.

Ev, you can pay me at school this week Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:$10 on the line. If Sens win, I pay Ev $10 - If the Sens lose, I get $10.

Talk like that could get you banned. Dammit!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Riprock wrote:$10 on the line. If Sens win, I pay Ev $10 - If the Sens lose, I get $10.

He Guaranteed me a win last night Nod

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

there will be no kiss, just a sore cornhole at the end of this.....

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Talk like that could get you banned. Dammit!

Hey, either way win-win, right? Sens win, they are that much closer to holding onto their playoff spot; they lose, I am $10 richer.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:there will be no kiss, just a sore cornhole at the end of this.....

without the courtesy of a reach-around.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:rp:

Get a point! Get a point! Get a point!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Must win tonight, suck because it shouldn't be this way. Anderson has lost his job.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This is precisely why I was not a fan of the Sens schedule. You said their schedule was ideal, but as I said, sitting back in this position with less games remaining than the opposition, and playing your way out of the playoffs sucks, when all you can do is watch and hope other teams win/lose.

Of course, if the Sens were locked in this wouldn't be a problem. But now they find themselves in a position where they have to win, and they have to hope other teams lose. No control over their future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum