GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Mar. 24, 2012

+13
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
dennycrane
Hoags
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
sens4win
PTFlea
sandysensfan
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:wow..... thanks Crosby and Malkin. Way to make me look bad.

Anyone know why Pittsburgh decided not to play tonight? And why the Sens suck against bad teams but beat good teams?

Same old story. Bad teams with nothing to play for but pride, and they often kick Donkey. That's why we're losing to Dung teams.

Man, I wish I caught this one. Try to find a hockey game on a TV in San Antonio, tho'....

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

notch said on dobber that we're not making the playoffs. great fan he is! Laughing3

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:notch said on dobber that we're not making the playoffs. great fan he is! Laughing3

Let's not forget that he's a big rat Roche, too. Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:notch said on dobber that we're not making the playoffs. great fan he is! Laughing3

Let's not forget that he's a big rat Roche, too. Laugh1

and Nail2012 on hfboards! Laughing3

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

How was Anderson for the final 30 minutes? The #s look good, but I know that doesn't tell the whole story...

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

To steal from The6thSens.com, I believe this now makes Ottawa 10-3-4 against the Atlantic, which has the four best teams in the Eastern Conference pointwise. The * beside that record is that they have now faced 10 backup goalies (8-1-1).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well Evan if you want your $10, cash it is. I'm not using paypal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh! PartyTime! Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A return to the top six for Foligno really worked out well for that whole line.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Well Evan if you want your $10, cash it is. I'm not using paypal.

You wanna bet again next game?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cussing great game to be at Nod

Anderson was awesome after coming in for bishop. Welcome back Andy.

Sucks that buffalo still won...hopefully winnipeg's spirit is crushed and can't win on Monday. Can't say how huge it is to score on the pp

Oh and longest anthem ever. Felt like bleeding gums Murphy singing

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, the anthem was baaaad.

A lot of good things out of that one.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:there will be no kiss, just a sore cornhole at the end of this.....

without the courtesy of a reach-around.

Hoags wrote:We're done as toast.

Eat it, suckers. Dammit!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

This is one time I'm glad I'm wrong (don't tell my wife)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:To steal from The6thSens.com, I believe this now makes Ottawa 10-3-4 against the Atlantic, which has the four best teams in the Eastern Conference pointwise. The * beside that record is that they have now faced 10 backup goalies (8-1-1).

So they are 2-2-3 against the #1s? As long as you don't play below .500 starting in April you go quite far.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens play better against good teams, especially with bad goaltending. Is there any way to get a matchup with the Flyers?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Cussing great game to be at Nod

Anderson was awesome after coming in for bishop. Welcome back Andy.

Sucks that buffalo still won...hopefully winnipeg's spirit is crushed and can't win on Monday. Can't say how huge it is to score on the pp

Oh and longest anthem ever. Felt like bleeding gums Murphy singing

The Jets are 6 points out with 7 to go, chasing two teams. If they are honest with themselves they'll know they are done. However, these are hockey players. On Tuesday, one of the teams they are chasing will get 2 points. If they lose Monday, then on Tuesday they will be 8 points out with 6 to go. Again, no mathematical elimination, but when the points out gets higher than the games remaining (especially when chasing two teams) it really becomes almost impossible.

All that to say, I don't think they will be crushed. Not yet, anyway.

All that said, the Sens have a 2-1 record against the Jets this year, outscoring them 10-5 in the two wins. The loss was a 0-2 shutout by Mason, where Enstrom scored 49 seconds into the game. That was the first time Ottawa was shut out up to that point, and was the first regulation loss in 10 games. It was also the first home game after a three game road trip. I think it's safe to say that none of that has any bearing on tomorrow's game Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next game vs the Jets is huge. It's in Winnipeg and the Jets have been pretty hot at home. Need to take the two points. No question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum