GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators, Saturday, Mar. 24, 2012

+13
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
dennycrane
Hoags
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
sens4win
PTFlea
sandysensfan
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Malkin lol

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Oh, haha, got it.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Say what you will about this game, but we are 3-1 on the season against both Pittsburgh and the Rangers. And we've scored a ton of goals against the Penguins (22 in 4 games is an average of 6.5 per game). I honestly don't mind if those teams make those same excuses about losing to the Sens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Say what you will about this game, but we are 3-1 on the season against both Pittsburgh and the Rangers. And we've scored a ton of goals against the Penguins (22 in 4 games is an average of 6.5 per game). I honestly don't mind if those teams make those same excuses about losing to the Sens.

It's a huge difference when you're playing Brent Johnson, Brad Thiessen, and (only once) Martin Biron, though.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

How can you imply it's defensive breakdowns and then in the same breath say it's because we met their second net minder?

So Montreal only won the other night because they didn't face Andersson?

Even the Pittsburgh media here who are as homerish as can be said the loss wasn't on Thiessen. They blamed the defense - or lack of it. Bylsma himself said that only about 2 of those goals Fluery might have had over Thiessen.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Say what you will about this game, but we are 3-1 on the season against both Pittsburgh and the Rangers. And we've scored a ton of goals against the Penguins (22 in 4 games is an average of 6.5 per game). I honestly don't mind if those teams make those same excuses about losing to the Sens.

It's a huge difference when you're playing Brent Johnson, Brad Thiessen, and (only once) Martin Biron, though.

I'm sick of the backup goalie bull Dung. Who did we start last time against the Rags? Ben Bishop, arguably our 3rd string goalie. Who did we start on Saturday against the Pens? Ben Bishop, arguably our 3rd string goalie. It's not our fault we have goaltending depth and other teams don't.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:

Maybe they started Thiessen because Fleury had lost his last two starts against the Sens (his and the Pens' only win came in November when Anderson was still inconsistent -- he gave up 4 goals on 8 shots and got pulled). The year before, when the Sens were a lottery team, Fleury was 1-1 against them.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:

They played Lundqvist 3 times. The only time they lost to NYR is when Rundblad decided to go full retrd. NYR is easily the most overrated and perhaps the worst team ti finish on the top of a conference in some time. They are on the same level as the Sens for the most part, they just have Lundqvist.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pitts is 1 pt back of the Rags. Won't be surprised when they overtake the Rangers, dropping the Rags back to 4th. The first round matchup of the Rags (or Pitts) vs Philly will be a dandy.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Pitts is 1 pt back of the Rags. Won't be surprised when they overtake the Rangers, dropping the Rags back to 4th. The first round matchup of the Rags (or Pitts) vs Philly will be a dandy.

Wouldn't surprise me that, if the sens can make it, it would be Pens vs Sens yet again.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I'm sick of the backup goalie bull Dung. Who did we start last time against the Rags? Ben Bishop, arguably our 3rd string goalie. Who did we start on Saturday against the Pens? Ben Bishop, arguably our 3rd string goalie. It's not our fault we have goaltending depth and other teams don't.

They don't need goalie depth when they have amazing all-star goalies like Fleury and Lundqvist.

and I couldn't care less if they play their backups. we could use the points and increase our confidence

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

But you make your argument sound like "if a team plays its backup goalie, they will 100% lose". And you also argue that "if a team plays back to back games, they will 100% of the time lose the 2nd game if they win the first; or win the 2nd if they lose the first" when you have no justification in making these claims.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
They don't need goalie depth when they have amazing all-star goalies like Fleury and Lundqvist.

All you need is one great goalie, until that goalie gets injured. You are right though, this is a risk most teams take.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

and I couldn't care less if they play their backups. we could use the points and increase our confidence

Nor would Ottawa if not for an injury to The Gregger. He's actually played more than Lundqvist and not much less than Fleury. People tend to forget how instrumental Anderson has been in Ottawa's success.

Now take out Lundqvist, Fleury and Anderson because of injury. Which team has more credible depth in goal?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Nor would Ottawa if not for an injury to The Gregger. He's actually played more than Lundqvist and not much less than Fleury. People tend to forget how instrumental Anderson has been in Ottawa's success.

Now take out Lundqvist, Fleury and Anderson because of injury. Which team has more credible depth in goal?

Well I think we saw firsthand that Pittsburgh doesn't!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One does not simply take out Lundqvist because of injury

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:One does not simply take out Lundqvist because of injury

Hope you're wrong. And I hope it's because of a cross check to the windpipe by an Ottawa Senator. Beer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

Until you overwork them and they pop their groin out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum