GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010

+18
asq2
Hobiesens
CockRoche
dennycrane
rooneypoo
Riprock
LeCaptain
Ev
Flo The Action
spader
SensGirl11
wprager
SDH89
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh, NOV 26, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_lcap267%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 22]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 Large

"Tryptophantastic?"

The Ottawa Senators (10-11-1, 21pts) visit the Pittsburgh Penguins (13-8-2) for a rare afternoon game. Both teams are coming off of games decided by one goal and both teams relied heavily on their respective goalies. The difference is Pittsburgh is on a 6-0-1 streak with Fleury seemingly turning his season around recording his first shut out of the season and Ottawa dropped below 500 with a 2-1 loss to Dallas Wednesday night. The Penguins played a wide open style and Fleury came up big and earned his shutout. Leclaire kept Ottawa in the game despite a pretty uninspired effort and no real sustained offensive pressure from the team in front of him.

Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa games have been blow out games of late so expect there to be a lot of goals scored by one team and for the game to be decided early if history holds. Hopefully Clouston has gotten the message through to the players to shoot the puck more because 19 shots in each of the last two games is not good enough. Perhaps the Penguins have a little too much turkey Thursday and come out of the gates a little sleepy?

Game Coverage:

- TV: SNET-E(HD)
- Radio: Team 1200
- Web: Check: http://www.atdhe.net and http://www.justin.tv

Latest updates:
As many expected -
In desperate need of some offence, the Senators will re-insert Erik Karlsson into the lineup for Friday afternoon's game in Pittsburgh against the Penguins. - http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/11/25/16312971.html
Leclaire to get the start in goal and Karlsson replaces Carkner this afternoon - Via Sens Twitter

TSN's Ice Chips:

Source for OTTAWA: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators
Source for PITTSBURGH: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-penguins

Key Injuries

Ottawa Senators:
None

Pittsburgh Penguins:
Jordan Staal (hand)

Game Day Previews:

ESPN

Media Links:
- SensTV On-line: http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp
- Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators: http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:54 am; edited 3 times in total

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

YESSSSSS!!! RocknRoll

Lines at practice

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Kelly-Neil
Ruutu-Winchester-Shannon

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:YESSSSSS!!! RocknRoll

Lines at practice

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Kelly-Neil
Ruutu-Winchester-Shannon

That should help Regin a little and hurt Michalek and Kovalev at the same time. I like it. NOT!

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Where's the Kovalev -141k???

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:Where's the Kovalev -141k???

Have you been living under a rock?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lines at practice

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Kelly-Neil
Ruutu-Winchester-Shannon

Yay, Fisher back in the top 6. An he deserves it! Facepalm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At this point I think they'd be best to go back to the Kovalev, Spezza, Regin line. May as well get at least one line going well instead of 4 going poorly.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Lines at practice

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Kelly-Neil
Ruutu-Winchester-Shannon

That should help Regin a little and hurt Michalek and Kovalev at the same time. I like it. NOT!

Laughing3

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:At this point I think they'd be best to go back to the Kovalev, Spezza, Regin line. May as well get at least one line going well instead of 4 going poorly.

Agreed, that line was dominant together, so I guess the only logical move was to break them up.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:At this point I think they'd be best to go back to the Kovalev, Spezza, Regin line. May as well get at least one line going well instead of 4 going poorly.

Agreed, that line was dominant together, so I guess the only logical move was to break them up.

I believe the thought process was that they could spread that line out and still get them producing and helping other lines but chemistry is a delicate thing sometimes.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Clouston presser today:
http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/101125_Clouston.mp3

Focus on 'shooting accurately' Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Afternoon game, 10mm of freezing rain on the way -- perfect excuse to stay home. The only wrinkle is it's a PD day.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Karlsson to play tomorrow. I must say, I'm backtracking on thinking it was a good idea to scratch him in the first place. We need all the help we can get and he can be electric!

PITTSBURGH - In desperate need of some offence, the Senators will re-insert Erik Karlsson into the lineup for Friday afternoon's game in Pittsburgh against the Penguins.

Coach Cory Clouston said following Thursday's practice "there's a very good chance" the 20-year old blueliner will play after being a healthy scratch the past two games. It's an obvious move, considering Ottawa has not generated nearly enough on the attack while winning just one of its last five outings.

"We need Erik Karlsson to go back into the lineup and help us out," said Clouston. "When we were winning we were getting goals and point production from our back end."

Unacceptably, the Senators had just 19 shots in each of their last two games.

Clouston has shuffled up lines for the third time this week in hopes of finding a winning combination.

"We had some opportunities, we just didn't hit the net," Clouston said of Wednesday's 2-1 home loss to the Dallas Stars. "We have to focus on more shots, and being a little more accurate, with guys driving the net."

Missing Thursday's practice was Sergei Gonchar, although Clouston said it was a "maintenance" day for the struggling defenceman and that he'd play against his former team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Better win this game or it'll be Clouston we have a problem.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Better win this game or it'll be Clouston we have a problem.

Yeah, I think we're already there. The last time we had a start like we've had this season was 2 years ago when we missed the playoffs. The problem is here and it is bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 22]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum