GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010

+18
asq2
Hobiesens
CockRoche
dennycrane
rooneypoo
Riprock
LeCaptain
Ev
Flo The Action
spader
SensGirl11
wprager
SDH89
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh, NOV 26, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap267%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 1:00pm ET - FRI. Nov. 26, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 22]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NOw the more important subject, how do I watch this inside a government cubicule?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:NOw the more important subject, how do I watch this inside a government cubicule?

If your network filtering is like mine then you better be an IT expert and know ways around the firewall and filtering system. Laughing3

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
marakh wrote:NOw the more important subject, how do I watch this inside a government cubicule?

If your network filtering is like mine then you better be an IT expert and know ways around the firewall and filtering system. Laughing3

Haven't you guys been paying attention to those Bell ads during the World Cup of Soccer?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Haven't you guys been paying attention to those Bell ads during the World Cup of Soccer?

No.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It actually was Rogers, come to think of it. The two guys in the cubicle, watching the soccer match, thinking they are the only ones in the office, then when a goal is scored everyone cheers all around them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, it works a lot better when I don't have to explain.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clouston has said Karlsson is back in for this afternoon. Who goes out? No mention of who will be taken out probably means it's Hale right?

Latest updates has the Ottawa Sun link.

Also Clouston is expected to announce his starting goalie by 9:15am.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leftwinglock has Elliott and Johnson as probables, but nothing confirmed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Clouston has said Karlsson is back in for this afternoon. Who goes out? No mention of who will be taken out probably means it's Hale right?

Latest updates has the Ottawa Sun link.

Also Clouston is expected to announce his starting goalie by 9:15am.

My guess would be Campoli. As much as we need offense, he hasn't been doing any of that, not even with Karlsson's PP ice time (although he did get an assist Wednesday, that was on Shannon's goal, which really wasn't much of a chance).

With Karlsson back in we don't need another small, mobile defenseman against Pittsburgh's big centers.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sit Phillips. Maybe that will give him the kick in the rear he needs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too many GDTs active. I posted this in the wrong one:

Today is Charles Schulz's birthday -- creator of Peanuts and Snoopy. Maybe our own "Snoopy" gets a third start in a row?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Sit Phillips. Maybe that will give him the kick in the rear he needs.

Thing is, we need him on D more than Campoli. This is a big team. And, perhaps, this is exactly the kind of game that can refocus his attention and help him turn this season around.

FingersCrossed

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Too many GDTs active. I posted this in the wrong one:

Today is Charles Schulz's birthday -- creator of Peanuts and Snoopy. Maybe our own "Snoopy" gets a third start in a row?

Consider yourself lucky as I was going to post a Bingo GDT but I didn't feel like doing the research to find some info worthy of filling a full GDT.

I am going to the game though. It should be just like watching the real Sens and Habs only in slow motion with more mental mistakes not costing goals.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Where's the Kovalev -141k???

Have you been living under a rock?

-141k. It was a joke. Negative. (1)41k... Should have put the emoticon next to it.

For there record, not only did I catch it, but I can't imagine how it could have been read any other way. The minus was rather conspicuous.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Here's hoping that, with Karlsson in the lineup, they go back to EK on the left point and Gonch on the right on the PP. Anyone else hate that Kuba is getting PP1 minutes?

To me it's automatic. Anyone who suggests that by splitting EK and Gonch, we "spread out the scoring" should be shot. Stockpile the first PP unit as much as possible. The goal is to never have to put the PP2 on the ice.

Problem is, Gonchar and Karlsson have been giving up odd man rushes and breakaways on the PP like nobody's business. It's definitely the coach's responsibility to notice that stuff and to make adjustments -- he'd be NOT doing his job if he didn't do things (like sending Karlsson to the press box and taking him off the top PP unit) to let his players know that what they're doing is unacceptable. I hate watching Kuba on the point in EK's place, but he (EK) definitely needed an earful.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Where's the Kovalev -141k???

Have you been living under a rock?

-141k. It was a joke. Negative. (1)41k... Should have put the emoticon next to it.

For there record, not only did I catch it, but I can't imagine how it could have been read any other way. The minus was rather conspicuous.

Perhaps I mistook it for a dash. In case you wanted to know how it could in fact be read another way.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:Here's hoping that, with Karlsson in the lineup, they go back to EK on the left point and Gonch on the right on the PP. Anyone else hate that Kuba is getting PP1 minutes?

To me it's automatic. Anyone who suggests that, by splitting EK and Gonch, we "spread out the scoring" should be shot. Stockpile the first PP unit as much as possible. The goal is to never have to put the PP2 on the ice.

A couple of things conspired to send Karlsson upstairs.

1) Losing David Hale as a D-partner

2) Being taken off that plum PP assignment on the left point with Gonchar on the right.

No clue why that was Cussed with, it was money in the bank for a previously struggling power play.

Again, too many odd man rushes / breakaways against during our PP. Coach has to correct that stuff.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

To me it's automatic. Anyone who suggests that, by splitting EK and Gonch, we "spread out the scoring" should be shot. Stockpile the first PP unit as much as possible. The goal is to never have to put the PP2 on the ice.

A couple of things conspired to send Karlsson upstairs.

1) Losing David Hale as a D-partner

2) Being taken off that plum PP assignment on the left point with Gonchar on the right.

No clue why that was Cussed with, it was money in the bank for a previously struggling power play.

Again, too many odd man rushes / breakaways against during our PP. Coach has to correct that stuff.

Not saying he doesn't. Just making an observation on what led to Karlsson's decline.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum