GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Florida Panthers, 6PM, Sunday, March 4, 2012

+14
tim1_2
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
cash
Hoags
spader
Riprock
shabbs
Hobiesens
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:so after seeing our wingers be terrible yet again, who here still doesn't want Zibanejad to come over and help us in the stretch drive?

He was not on the clear day roster. He cannot play in the playoffs; hence, ...

There is no clear day. That is only for AHL playoffs.
That was my thinking too, but AJ Jacubek says otherwise.

Zibanejad was on our roster already so he is eligible. Don't know what AJ is talking about. The Rangers are planning on signing Chris Kreider, who is still in college, and using him in the playoffs.

^ Now that you definitely cannot do, for sure. Any player who isn't signed with the team, or claimed off of waivers, before the trade deadline is NOT eligible to play in the NHL playoffs. For sure.

ah, I think I messed up. They just want him to play the rest of the regular season games.

Still, don't see how Zibanejad would not be eligible.

Yeah, that one, I'm not sure of. If he were in Bingo, it'd be easy -- the answer would be, yes, he could play for us -- but the fact that he's in Sweden playing for an organization not affiliated with the NHL is rather exceptional.

For Sandy: there would be, btw, no "amateur contract" for Zibanejad; he's already signed on an ELC, and that allows him to play in the AHL or the NHL right now.

to be fair she was just getting it from the Sun. It was Garrioch, not Brennan (my bad).

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:so after seeing our wingers be terrible yet again, who here still doesn't want Zibanejad to come over and help us in the stretch drive?

Zibanejad was on our roster already so he is eligible. Don't know what AJ is talking about. The Rangers are planning on signing Chris Kreider, who is still in college, and using him in the playoffs.

^ Now that you definitely cannot do, for sure. Any player who isn't signed with the team, or claimed off of waivers, before the trade deadline is NOT eligible to play in the NHL playoffs. For sure.

ah, I think I messed up. They just want him to play the rest of the regular season games.

Yeah, that one, I'm not sure of. If he were in Bingo, it'd be easy -- the answer would be, yes, he could play for us -- but the fact that he's in Sweden playing for an organization not affiliated with the NHL is rather exceptional.

For Sandy: there would be, btw, no "amateur contract" for Zibanejad; he's already signed on an ELC, and that allows him to play in the AHL or the NHL right now.

to be fair she was just getting it from the Sun. It was Garrioch, not Brennan (my bad).

Where do these clowns get this Dung from? Why would a player signed to an ELC for the next 2-3 years need to sign an amateur contract to play in either the AHL or the NHL? Seriously, that's so bush league coming from "professional" reporters.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Might as well bring him in. Mac has shown he'll bench guys for callups, maybe Z gets some games in.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:

Where do these clowns get this Dung from? Why would a player signed to an ELC for the next 2-3 years need to sign an amateur contract to play in either the AHL or the NHL? Seriously, that's so bush league coming from "professional" reporters.

Pat Cannone of Bingo was signed to a 1 yr contract for the next year.. but played the back part of the season for the previous yr after NCAA was over.. he did that on an Amateur tryout I believe or a PTO. That allowed him to play the 15 or so games left in that season so as not to burn a year of his ELC. So it can be done.. but the problem is Mika has played 9 games in the NHL...would that make a difference.. I don't know.

We will find out probably later this week. Someone also mentioned Claeson as well... actually forgot about him. I believe on the same team as Mika... Bingo needs help desperately on defense... would be good to give him a look there as well. Is he signed to an ELC yet?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
We will find out probably later this week. Someone also mentioned Claeson as well... actually forgot about him. I believe on the same team as Mika... Bingo needs help desperately on defense... would be good to give him a look there as well. Is he signed to an ELC yet?

Pretty sure no.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:

Pat Cannone of Bingo was signed to a 1 yr contract for the next year.. but played the back part of the season for the previous yr after NCAA was over.. he did that on an Amateur tryout I believe or a PTO. That allowed him to play the 15 or so games left in that season so as not to burn a year of his ELC. So it can be done.. but the problem is Mika has played 9 games in the NHL...would that make a difference.. I don't know.

^ There's the difference right there. The period covered by the player's contract obviously matters. With Cannone, if his contract didn't kick in until 1 July 2011 but the Sens org wanted him to play before that time, then they needed to sign him to an amateur contract.

But when a player, like Zibanejad, is signed to an ELC, and that ELC covers the period in question that the player might play in the AHL or the NHL, there is no room to sign some alternate contract. The terms of one contract only can prevail at any one given time. Zibanejad's contract started on 1 July 2011. If he plays in the AHL or the NHL anytime between that time and 30 June 2014/15 (the final year depends on whether the first year of his deal slides or not), he is subject to the terms of that contract, and no other.

Seriously, bush league stuff from those rejects at the Sun if they're suggesting anything else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well if they added anyone to Bingo it wouldn't be because they need help - it would be to give those players more playing time and experience. Binghamton is done - Murray said so himself.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, I see some people saying that they'd be wasting a year on Siflverberg if they brought him over this easing (which they won't). That's not the case as he already has this season burned anyway

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

We will find out probably later this week. Someone also mentioned Claeson as well... actually forgot about him. I believe on the same team as Mika... Bingo needs help desperately on defense... would be good to give him a look there as well. Is he signed to an ELC yet?[/quote]

^ There's the difference right there. The period covered by the player's contract obviously matters. With Cannone, if his contract didn't kick in until 1 July 2011 but the Sens org wanted him to play before that time, then they needed to sign him to an amateur contract.

But when a player, like Zibanejad, is signed to an ELC, and that ELC covers the period in question that the player might play in the AHL or the NHL, there is no room to sign some alternate contract. The terms of one contract only can prevail at any one given time. Zibanejad's contract started on 1 July 2011. If he plays in the AHL or the NHL anytime between that time and 30 June 2014/15 (the final year depends on whether the first year of his deal slides or not), he is subject to the terms of that contract, and no other.

Seriously, bush league stuff from those rejects at the Sun if they're suggesting anything else.[/quote]

Makes sense to me... question... don't know if it has been answered or not.. but if Mika plays in Bingo does that affect his ELC? If it does.. he might as well play in Ottawa.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

Makes sense to me... question... don't know if it has been answered or not.. but if Mika plays in Bingo does that affect his ELC? If it does.. he might as well play in Ottawa.

Nope. If Zibanejad plays 10 games in the NHL, then his ELC kicks in at year one, and will end on 30 June 2014. If he plays anywhere else other than the NHL, it has no bearing on his ELC -- without playing those 10 games in the NHL, his contract "slides", making next year (2012-13) year 1 of his contract and the end-date of his contract 30 June 2015.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Nope. If Zibanejad plays 10 games in the NHL, then his ELC kicks in at year one, and will end on 30 June 2014. If he plays anywhere else other than the NHL, it has no bearing on his ELC -- without playing those 10 games in the NHL, his contract "slides", making next year (2012-13) year 1 of his contract and the end-date of his contract 30 June 2015.

But those are only regular season games if I recall. He could technically have played his 9 regular season games, then play the rest of the season in bingo, and play NHL games only in the playoffs....?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I must be the only one who thinks Zibaenejad needs at least one more year in the SEL, if not two.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I must be the only one who thinks Zibaenejad needs at least one more year in the SEL, if not two.

Yes you are.

Doesn't make much sense. Especially not on his garbage team. He's had a good year all things considered.

He needs to develop over here.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I must be the only one who thinks Zibaenejad needs at least one more year in the SEL, if not two.

Would that be the B league after his team gets religated? You have to be kidding. What's with you and thinking everyone needs a little more time?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

But those are only regular season games if I recall. He could technically have played his 9 regular season games, then play the rest of the season in bingo, and play NHL games only in the playoffs....?

I can't imagine why NHL regular season games would could as "games played in the NHL" and so against his contract, whereas NHL playoff games wouldn't count as "games played in the NHL" and so not count against his contract.

I can't cite the CBA passage (if there is one on this subject) in defence of this, but common sense tells us that an NHL game is an NHL game is an NHL game.

I, for one, wholly expect Zibanejad to go to Bingo once his team's season is done in Sweden. From there, his play will determine if he plays in the NHL this year -- if he's ripping it up, we probably call him up; if he's not, we probably leave him there and save that extra year of his contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Would that be the B league after his team gets religated? You have to be kidding. What's with you and thinking everyone needs a little more time?

I didn't think Silfverberg needed more time and look at how much good it's done for him. That goes for basically any prospect who isn't RNH or Hall, they need time to develop. I loved what I saw from Zibanejad, he'll likely be a strong player for us, but he had a roller coaster year in the SEL and never really packed any kind of scoring touch at all. If he was to do as Silfverberg did and play solid, top minutes while maturing and working on aspects of his game (like scoring), that would be a bad thing?

You're thinking he comes over and plays in the AHL I assume, fine, that's a little different, but if the option opened up where he could do like Silf and be a leader (captain even) and have a strong season in Europe, why would you say no to that?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

Yes you are.

Doesn't make much sense. Especially not on his garbage team. He's had a good year all things considered.

The situation with his crap team would need to be resolved, but again, if he was to get into a position like Silfverberg, I simply don't see how that's a bad thing personally.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Yes you are.

The situation with his crap team would need to be resolved, but again, if he was to get into a position like Silfverberg, I simply don't see how that's a bad thing personally.

It's pointless given how he is already signed with Ottawa. Silfverberg was not as developed as Zibanejad is at the same age, and he only signed his contract last summer.

If you're a top prospect like Zibanejad you're not going to waste your time playing with and against inferior players in Sweden for more than this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum