GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Florida Panthers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Dec. 8th, 2008

+17
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
Bramlet07
Nasty Nas
dennycrane
PTFlea
PKC
asq2
Riprock
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Snuh
Vandelay
shabbs
Mojo
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can't wait! The game is on Rogers Sportsnet in HD and I've got one tuner on the PVR available (now that Dancing with the Stars is over I only have Terminator at 8 and Heroes at 9 -- I am free to record the game!)

The Senators sit in 11th place in the Conference, but with games in hand on all the teams ahead of them, they are definitely in the drivers' seat as far as playoffs are concerned. Win the remaining games and they are definitely in.

Right, we now that's not going to happen, but their chances right now are much better than I would have expected, given their record.

Florida isn't just their next opponent. The Panthers are sitting 10th in the Conference -- 1 point ahead of the Senators. The Sens hold two games in hand but that's a moot point tomorrow night. If they win, they are in 10th. If they lose (even in OT/SO) they remain in 11th.

Here's the game preview from NHL.com:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2008020399

GO SENS GO!!!

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

It would be nice if they could put forth a dominating effort, especially if some of our potential trade-bait players had good games. It might help the ease of a trade...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

To no one's surprise, Craig Anderson goes for Florida and Alex Auld goes for the Sens.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Anderson is in? I'm surprised...heard he was hurt in Saturday's game. We need the same effort we had against the pens. This will be a good test. I think the Saturday game was an easy one to get up for with the pens being considered contenders. There is no reason why we shouldn't put it to the panthers with so many of their forwards out of the lineup.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vandelay wrote:Anderson is in? I'm surprised...heard he was hurt in Saturday's game. We need the same effort we had against the pens. This will be a good test. I think the Saturday game was an easy one to get up for with the pens being considered contenders. There is no reason why we shouldn't put it to the panthers with so many of their forwards out of the lineup.
Straight from the Miami Herald...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2008/12/andytown-hits-t.html

Some interesting comments at the bottom of that article...

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
Vandelay wrote:Anderson is in? I'm surprised...heard he was hurt in Saturday's game. We need the same effort we had against the pens. This will be a good test. I think the Saturday game was an easy one to get up for with the pens being considered contenders. There is no reason why we shouldn't put it to the panthers with so many of their forwards out of the lineup.
Straight from the Miami Herald...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2008/12/andytown-hits-t.html

Some interesting comments at the bottom of that article...

Ha! Nice touch with the Andy Kaufman pic in that article.

Hope the Sens don't play down to the level of the Panthers tonight. Hoping for a similar effort to the Thrashers game.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

This sounds strangely familiar Rolling Eyes

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With at least some effort we should win this game. Unfortunately, we can't be accused of putting in an effort every game. With two strong games in a row, you have to wonder if we're due for a lazy outing.

Our saving grace? More icetime for Shean Donovan adds minutes to the entire teams effort level. No joke.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

exactly. What a workhorse Donovan is. It seems like the entire team feeds of his energy. And Winchester. Keep throwing your body around, cuz it works!!

I truly hope our boys show up with this game... We need this playing as a team trend to continue.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The lines, as they are, couldn't be more perfect.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From TSN's Ice Chips:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

Richard Zednik (elbow), Rostislav Olesz (groin) and Cory Stillman (concussion) could return to action on their four-game trip through Canada, but David Booth (shoulder) and Nathan Horton (ankle laceration) aren't expected back for a while. Craig Anderson will get his sixth consecutive start in goal for the Panthers on Monday in Ottawa. - Miami Herald

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Winchester might be the best puck controlling player on this team after Alfie. I have yet to see him turn pucks over.

Winchester is an extremely smart player and he is good enough to play a 2nd line role. For a guy that has only played 25 games in the NHL he looks great. Put a little offense along side him somehow, this guy could put up 40-ish points.

Sens are playing 1 of the top 2 goalies tonight so they may need to get a little dirty to get the puck into the back of the net. It will not be an easy game tonight, Florida is playing well as of late and are right there with the Sens. Sens cant take a game off anytime soon, and probably not for the rest of the year, no easy games left.

SeawaySensFan wrote:With at least some effort we should win this game. Unfortunately, we can't be accused of putting in an effort every game. With two strong games in a row, you have to wonder if we're due for a lazy outing.

Our saving grace? More icetime for Shean Donovan adds minutes to the entire teams effort level. No joke.
Thats so true...and so sad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He was driven into the net and hit his head on the cross-bar. Obviously wasn't hit all that hard, but I wonder if he'd be a little gun-shy standing in there? Crash the net and see if you can get him off his game. Even if you take a penalty -- their D wil probably be a little short-tempered and retaliate, giving you a 4-on-4 with a goalie a little concerened about his head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum