GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Florida Panthers, 6PM, Sunday, March 4, 2012

+14
tim1_2
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
cash
Hoags
spader
Riprock
shabbs
Hobiesens
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also would bet $$ that Bishop gets a call up for next game - not that Lehner was bad, he wasn't, but they want to get Bishop in there - and now's as good a time as any.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I'd put Parise ahead of Semin on the shopping list, but Semin would be a decent consolation prize. He does come with a lot of criticisms though, but he is a Sens killer, and as the ol' saying goes: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, (or sign them).

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Klinkhamemr had a good game though, can't ask for much more. 7 hit too? wow. If not a top 6, definitely a solid bottom 6. Perfect compliment to a line with skill - get him to do the grunt work and as we saw, good things happen when he is in the crease.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

On top of that, the competition for the bottom 6 got a whole lot more intense, and same with the top 6 - especially if the Sens go out and sign a legit top line winger.

Turris has been invisible, pretty disappointing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Which one? Two guys walked in on him, one was a BS deflection, and the other a guy was left alone in the slot. He continued to make big save after big save with no response from his team.

The Sens have been garbage the last week and 1/2.

The Baerch goal he'd definitely like back. He made the wrong move on it and gave up. Or maybe not gave up, but was not certain if he should try to stretch to his right or continue spinning left and try to make the impossible save. Either way, not his best move.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Hammer was much better than I expected. Butler needs to sit a few; Foligno as well. Neil with an ill-advised swipe at a puck a foot over his head didn't help.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Seriously, as I said, competition got a whole lot more tough. Guys like Daugavins, Foligno, Butler, Klinkhammer, Greening, Condra, Smith, O'Brien, Winchester, Neil + all battling for a spot.

Then you got Silfverberg, Zibanejad + trying to get a top line spot, as well as external possibilities from FA signings.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:On top of that, the competition for the bottom 6 got a whole lot more intense, and same with the top 6 - especially if the Sens go out and sign a legit top line winger.

Turris has been invisible, pretty disappointing.

His post was a sweet shot. His release is great, he just needs to get more shots. Still thinking pass-first.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:so after seeing our wingers be terrible yet again, who here still doesn't want Zibanejad to come over and help us in the stretch drive?

He was not on the clear day roster. He cannot play in the playoffs; hence, ...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:so after seeing our wingers be terrible yet again, who here still doesn't want Zibanejad to come over and help us in the stretch drive?

He was not on the clear day roster. He cannot play in the playoffs; hence, ...

There is no clear day. That is only for AHL playoffs.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible...etc.

Awful game by the team... they get up 2 goals and think they can coast.

3 undisciplined penatlies by Karlsson & Spezza... and that double minor by Neil.. uncalled for.

They lost their composure and stopped playing.

Panther players were going around the Sens D like they were standing still.

Lehner was not great.. but let's face it.. he did not have a lot of help.

Go with Lehner next game.. let him redeem himself.

Time for a bag skate.. golfing has been cancelled.

McLean looked really angry as he left the bench.. just shaking his head.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible...etc.

Awful game by the team... they get up 2 goals and think they can coast.

3 undisciplined penatlies by Karlsson & Spezza... and that double minor by Neil.. uncalled for.

They lost their composure and stopped playing.

Panther players were going around the Sens D like they were standing still.

Lehner was not great.. but let's face it.. he did not have a lot of help.

Go with Lehner next game.. let him redeem himself.

Time for a bag skate.. golfing has been cancelled.

McLean looked really angry as he left the bench.. just shaking his head.

In Neil's defense, he seemed to be going for the puck and just got his stick up. I don't fault him there.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Haha, right. Teams best player the last 4 games he's played.

Not his best game and he got beat by Krys Barch of all people. I'm sure he'll bounce back, let's see.

That elbow (to Goc ?) wasn't the smartest move, he's still immature.

Plenty of guys in Bingo (like Klink) who deserve a look before him. He already had his tryout for this year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Haha, right. Teams best player the last 4 games he's played.

Not his best game and he got beat by Krys Barch of all people. I'm sure he'll bounce back, let's see.

That elbow (to Goc ?) wasn't the smartest move, he's still immature.

Plenty of guys in Bingo (like Klink) who deserve a look before him. He already had his tryout for this year.

Pretend that Zibanejad went to Bingo, and I don't agree. I treat SEL same as Bingo. He has played nicely.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well there's a reason why this team was picked to be a bottom feeder and It started to show its colours since January. Greening is not a top 6 guy and Butler is not an NHL player.
We can't expect Alfie Spezza and Karlsson to play 82 great games.
If we're making the playoffs nothing else can disappoint me. Zibanejad would be a nice change but at the end of the day this group that we have right now is the group that led this team where it is.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The scoring has dried up lately, which couldn't have been entirely unexpected. All it took was for Karlsson/Spezza to cool a little. The Turris/The Alfie combo hasn't produced much, and guys like Foligno, Greening, Condra, Smith, etc aren't generating much either. Again, not entirely unexpected.

Really, when you have Butler on your top line, obviously you're a little thin on scoring forwards.

I'm not sure entirely what will solve this problem...just need a breakout game with some slump-busters for some guys.

The schedule this week is tough...T-Bay, the Rags, and Buffalo. TB and Buffalo have been heating up, and are both desperate. We're gonna need to take at least a couple points out of these three games, and it won't be easy.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:

Well there's a reason why this team was picked to be a bottom feeder and It started to show its colours since January. Greening is not a top 6 guy and Butler is not an NHL player.

Yeah the team's success has blinded people somewhat to what our roster actually looks like. We're extremely fortunate to be where we're at. This team isn't going to be more consistent without more NHL experience on the roster (almost the half the roster are rookies ) and just more talent in the top-6.

Riprock wrote:I'd put Parise ahead of Semin on the shopping list, but Semin would be a decent consolation prize. He does come with a lot of criticisms though, but he is a Sens killer, and as the ol' saying goes: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, (or sign them).

I just can't stand Semin, he'd be poison for the type of culture we're trying to create in the room. Whatever contract he'll sign I doubt he'll ever live up to it. I saw the type of negative influence Kovalev was, Semin would be more of the same and he'd piss off MacLean in no time.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sens desperately lack and need a top line player. Parise, Nash would fit that description. If Parise ever made it to UFA he'd be the primary target since he'd only cost a contract, whereas Nash would require giving up assets.

And a decision about some of our fringe players will need to be made. If hey have any value I would be trying to package them in a deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum