GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Florida Panthers, 6PM, Sunday, March 4, 2012

+14
tim1_2
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
cash
Hoags
spader
Riprock
shabbs
Hobiesens
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Riprock wrote:
NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wish Lehner was NHL ready, really do. If he goes on to have a fantastic season in the NHL and a good playoff he should be sent back to the AHL to prove he can play consistantly in the AHL. That's what's important.
We get it Neely...

Wink

I don't think a lot of people do, honestly. People were so adamant about him having to prove something in the AHL before he could possibly play in the NHL. Hopefully this is starting to shut people up.

Wasn't really about proving anything - he did that with the MVP and Calder Cup.

Problem is that the Sens are now deep in goaltending and they have to figure out what to do. Based on contracts, Lehner/Bishop are odd men out until they do something with Anderson/Auld.

This time of the year contracts are irrelivant. Anderson may very well find himself headed out of town if Lehner keeps this up. Ottawa does need some top 6 help and Anderson could help bring that back.

Reimer.

Reimer is and always was a Dung goaltender. Him struggling has nothing to do with him being rushed or anything of the sort. It has to do with him being a small, ineffective goaltender.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

My point was just that his value was determined after a small sample size. That's all I'm saying.

3-2 Florida.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What the hell? 3 unanswered goals...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:My point was just that his value was determined after a small sample size. That's all I'm saying.

3-2 Florida.

Lehner has shown what he can be in the AHL, there is pretty close to nothing he can do in the AHL at this point to top the success he has already had. Yah, 3, 4, 5 games is way too small of a sample size to be making decisions about the future of the team but right now he is the Sens best player and if he continues to do so there will be some serious decision to be made.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:My point was just that his value was determined after a small sample size. That's all I'm saying.

3-2 Florida.

Lehner has shown what he can be in the AHL, there is pretty close to nothing he can do in the AHL at this point to top the success he has already had. Yah, 3, 4, 5 games is way too small of a sample size to be making decisions about the future of the team but right now he is the Sens best player and if he continues to do so there will be some serious decision to be made.

That was my whole point.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

WE WANT ZIBBY!

WE WANT ZIBBY!

WE WANT ZIBBY!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm not the biggest fan of this guy nor do I think he's going to be a guy they can count on come playoff time but Semin is a guy they should look at for next year.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Thank God Butler is off the top line. The guy is useless. He literally does nothing out there 99% of the time.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ha. Konopka just straightened O'Brien's nose for him on the bench.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Frig man. Come on boys.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Karlsson's worst game of the year.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

AHLehner

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What a missed opportunity with the big dogs ahead of us losing...

Diddle man.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:AHLehner

Haha, right. Teams best player the last 4 games he's played.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Bah

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:AHLehner

Haha, right. Teams best player the last 4 games he's played.

Definitely over the last three. I'm pretty sure he'd want at least two of those goals tonight back.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Which one? Two guys walked in on him, one was a BS deflection, and the other a guy was left alone in the slot. He continued to make big save after big save with no response from his team.

The Sens have been garbage the last week and 1/2.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of this guy nor do I think he's going to be a guy they can count on come playoff time but Semin is a guy they should look at for next year.

don't steal my thunder, that was my idea which I presented last week or so Dammit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum