GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Florida Panthers, 6PM, Sunday, March 4, 2012

+14
tim1_2
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
cash
Hoags
spader
Riprock
shabbs
Hobiesens
NEELY
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:AHLehner

Haha, right. Teams best player the last 4 games he's played.

Definitely over the last three. I'm pretty sure he'd want at least two of those goals tonight back.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Which one? Two guys walked in on him, one was a BS deflection, and the other a guy was left alone in the slot. He continued to make big save after big save with no response from his team.

The Sens have been garbage the last week and 1/2.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of this guy nor do I think he's going to be a guy they can count on come playoff time but Semin is a guy they should look at for next year.

don't steal my thunder, that was my idea which I presented last week or so Dammit!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of this guy nor do I think he's going to be a guy they can count on come playoff time but Semin is a guy they should look at for next year.

don't steal my thunder, that was my idea which I presented last week or so Dammit!

Well it's true. Ottawa is lacking serious scoring outside of Spezza and Karlsson. Semin fills a huge need despite his baggage. The Sens have nothing that looks like a top 6 guys in the entire system right now that they could possibly use.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Well it's true. Ottawa is lacking serious scoring outside of Spezza and Karlsson. Semin fills a huge need despite his baggage. The Sens have nothing that looks like a top 6 guys in the entire system right now that they could possibly use.

Michalek-Spezza-Semin
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson/Zibanejad/Stone

would be deadly

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Completely outcoached in the 2nd and 3rd. One of the weakest efforts in a while.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Completely outcoached in the 2nd and 3rd. One of the weakest efforts in a while.

Outcoached as in the coaches went out there and player? MacLean decided to stop forechecking and stopped supporting the puck.

Coaching has nothing to do with a Dung effort and guys getting too much sun. He also can't turn Butler into an NHL player.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Which one? Two guys walked in on him, one was a BS deflection, and the other a guy was left alone in the slot. He continued to make big save after big save with no response from his team.

The second goal (when Barch waited him out) and the Samuelsson goal (I thought he was slow getting east-west).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Which one? Two guys walked in on him, one was a BS deflection, and the other a guy was left alone in the slot. He continued to make big save after big save with no response from his team.

The second goal (when Barch waited him out) and the Samuelsson goal (I thought he was slow getting east-west).

Might have had a chance to push off more and cover the angle a little bit but there was another Panther on the door step on his 1 time side... either way that puck was going in short of someone shooting wide.

The 2nd goal he got beat and looked bad on it but it was still a breakaway... can't really fault him on that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Completely outcoached in the 2nd and 3rd. One of the weakest efforts in a while.

Outcoached as in the coaches went out there and player? MacLean decided to stop forechecking and stopped supporting the puck.

Coaching has nothing to do with a Dung effort and guys getting too much sun. He also can't turn Butler into an NHL player.

No, no. Dineen adjusted and closed out the neutral zone completely. MacLean - who usually does adjust - did not.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

Might have had a chance to push off more and cover the angle a little bit but there was another Panther on the door step on his 1 time side... either way that puck was going in short of someone shooting wide.

The 2nd goal he got beat and looked bad on it but it was still a breakaway... can't really fault him on that.

I just thought he looked shakier and less solid than we've seen him. Great goalies have games that they'd like back. I'm not faulting him at all, but I think he's played better.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

No, no. Dineen adjusted and closed out the neutral zone completely. MacLean - who usually does adjust - did not.

Don't have to adjust when you are controlling the game for the most part. Guys stopped working, simple as that. Coaches can't control effort and they can;t control guys like Butler and Greening not scoring. Greening is a good 3rd, 4th line guy but Butler isn't even that.

MacLean's options are limited, if Spezza isn't going, same with Alfi, the Sens don't win.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

I just thought he looked shakier and less solid than we've seen him. Great goalies have games that they'd like back. I'm not faulting him at all, but I think he's played better.

Friday night was his best game by a mile for sure and if you want to say tonight was his "worst" game, you might be right. If that's as bad as Lehner plays then he's in good shape.

Either way, the guys in front of him gave him no help and haven't for most of the time he's been up.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so after seeing our wingers be terrible yet again, who here still doesn't want Zibanejad to come over and help us in the stretch drive?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very frustrating to see that tonight. Like we're so good we don't need to win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also would bet $$ that Bishop gets a call up for next game - not that Lehner was bad, he wasn't, but they want to get Bishop in there - and now's as good a time as any.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd put Parise ahead of Semin on the shopping list, but Semin would be a decent consolation prize. He does come with a lot of criticisms though, but he is a Sens killer, and as the ol' saying goes: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, (or sign them).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Klinkhamemr had a good game though, can't ask for much more. 7 hit too? wow. If not a top 6, definitely a solid bottom 6. Perfect compliment to a line with skill - get him to do the grunt work and as we saw, good things happen when he is in the crease.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum