GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Phoenix Coyotes, January 24th, 9:00

+19
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
sens4win
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
wprager
Flo The Action
NEELY
Hoags
cash
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
KidKarlsson
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the hell is happening? How is that not a goal?

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:What the hell is happening? How is that not a goal?

Tim Peel ... filling in since Dan O'Rourke can't be here tonight.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I get the no goal, I dont understand the penalty

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

5 on 5, the Yotes are in 'defend' mode, make it happen!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:I get the no goal, I dont understand the penalty

I don't. Foligno is driving to the net with a defender on him gets a shot off from the top of the crease and Alfie puts in the rebound. Tied game.

Then some a-hole with a striped shirt starts waving his arms, just like the other a-hole last night pointing to center.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ouch, this is starting to hurt.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy Diddle Sportsnet please fire Dean Broan and Denis Potvin. Classless and annoying those 2 are.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That game is on MacLean. If he doesn't try and force Butler down everyone's throat they win that game.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:That game is on MacLean. If he doesn't try and force Butler down everyone's throat they win that game.

MacLean is awesome but WTF does he keep putting Butler up on the top line for ?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Butler is done in terms of chances, no way he gets back into thetop 6. I bet Murray makes a move in the next 2 weeks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you're going to blame MacLean then blame him for his rant about not getting the same opportunities.

But, yeah, I said earlier that getting Petersson out there was the thing to do.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Petersson def deserves a shot going forward.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Petersson def deserves a shot going forward.

The refs deserve a shot, too. Two nights in a row ridiculous calls.

You think if that;s Lucic instead of Foligno coming down toward the crease it's anything but a goal?

I guess the trick is, complaining and whining to the referees is fine, as long as you do it during the game, but shut you trap afterward.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, back to 6th It was fun for a while, but this is a good spot.

Rest up, regroup, surprise the hell out of Boston (they lost 5-3 to the Caps, without Ovechkin).

The Bruins have given up 5 goals in consecutive games. Both goalies got lit up.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Last time we were in a playoff position at this time of year I remember how horrible they were after the All Star Break. There was talk of getting home ice advantage instead we got 5th and bounced by the Pens in the 1st round.

Hope they rest and come out strong again after the break.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

there's no way Ottawa is getting home ice.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:That game is on MacLean. If he doesn't try and force Butler down everyone's throat they win that game.

MacLean is awesome but WTF does he keep putting Butler up on the top line for ?
Showcasing?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow. A lot of doom & gloom here. I watched the first two periods before going to bed, and what I saw was a team for which you could definitely use the "tired" excuse...they just all looked out-of-sync. This team played more hockey than anyone up to this point, and had to finish up on a west-coast swing.

I'm going to give this group and coaching staff the benefit of the doubt (I think they've earned that). The break has come at a good time, and let's see how they do when they get back before we push the panic button. The "second half" of the season is well spaced out, and we have the benefit of playing more games at home than on the road. Also, I think we end up playing a lot of non-playoff teams from here on out. Things are still heavily in our favour, and we're in a spot NONE of us imagined four months ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum