GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Phoenix Coyotes, January 24th, 9:00

+19
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
sens4win
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
wprager
Flo The Action
NEELY
Hoags
cash
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
KidKarlsson
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa Senators vs Phoenix Coyotes, January 24th, 9:00 Ap-201201052041744937869

Last time they met:
Was a 5-2 victory for the Senators at SBP. They scored 3 first period goals and chased starter Jason LaBarbera.

What's changed:
A lot...Ottawa has several new faces since the Oct.26th game vs the Yotes, including the permanent roster additions of Zack Smith, Colin Greening, Erik Condra, Jared Cowen, Bobby Butler, Kaspars Daugavins and perhaps most notably, former Coyote Kyle Turris. In 137 games with the 'Yotes, Turris had 46 points with 19 goals. With 17 games with the Sens, he has 4 goals and 13 points - and is a stunning +13. In other words, Turris will be happy to visit Phoenix, but please don't ask him to stay.

Meanwhile, Phoenix has turned to Mike Smith - and Smith has responded, posting a 2.46 GAA and a sizzling .921 save%. Other notables are Ray Whitney and Radim Vrbata - both having excellent seasons with 41 and 38 points respectively.

What's on the line:
This could be considered a must win for Ottawa - who wants desperately to avoid going into the All-Star Break losing 3 in a row. A win tonight would have them break a mini losing streak and see their position further cemented in the Eastern Conference standings, while a loss will be a cause for concern.

For Phoenix, January has been a tough haul, with the Yotes winning just 2 out of 10 games. Be prepared to work for this one if you're a member of the Ottawa Senators.

Injuries:
Ottawa:
Peter Regin (out for the year)
Jesse Winchester (began skating with Luke Richardson again today, LTIR)

Phoenix:
Derek Morris (lower body, doubtful)
Damond Langkow (upper body, doubtful)
Adrian Aucoin (LTIR)
David Schlemko (LTIR)

Matt Carkner will play tonight, Borowiecki will sit.

Craig Anderson will start.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big game for Turris? Does McLean give him extra opportunities in offensive situations?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder how much money he's put into the pot Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Big game for Turris? Does McLean give him extra opportunities in offensive situations?

I'd like to see him on the point of the PP at some point. He's got a massive shot.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I knew something was missing from the last couple of GDTs which we incidentally lost....

WE'RE GETTING :rp: TONIGHT!!!!!

This is what the refs will do to the sens opponents ---> Ottawa Senators vs Phoenix Coyotes, January 24th, 9:00 The-hulkster-power-level

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate putting this smiley out there with a few female posters, but...

:rp:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I hate putting this smiley out there with a few female posters, but...

:rp:

Why? Birthday bumps are harmless.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FOH Enix is goin' down tonight. TONIGHT!!!! Ahhhhh! :ahhh:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Would love to see a big game from Turris tonight, but I'll settle for a win.

Smile

GO SENS GO!!!

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

glad to see Andy getting the chance to get right back in there and bounce back. Nothing worse than having to sit for a week after a bad game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

KidKarlsson wrote:glad to see Andy getting the chance to get right back in there and bounce back. Nothing worse than having to sit for a week after a bad game.

He's also got a heck of a good record in games after he's been pulled.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice to see The Gregger finally get a start. Beer

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Nice to see The Gregger finally get a start. Beer
Was wondering when we'd see him get a start.

Wink

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I hope they leave Craig as the backup and Greg can shine like he's done in the past....

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

time for Michalek to stop playing lazy and do something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum