GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Phoenix Coyotes, January 24th, 9:00

+19
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
sens4win
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
wprager
Flo The Action
NEELY
Hoags
cash
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
KidKarlsson
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:I'm looking for some sweet revenge against the penguins. That last series was tough to swallow....3-0 lead in game 6 at home and half a game away from sending it to game 7 where anything goes (and pitts can't win game 7s at home)....I'm very very bitter and bothered about that still.

Sens haven't won a home playoff game since the '07 cup finals.

I made some nice coin off that series. :KKK:

Yeah, I'm sure you did great.

Yeah no kidding

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Michallica wrote:I'm looking for some sweet revenge against the penguins. That last series was tough to swallow....3-0 lead in game 6 at home and half a game away from sending it to game 7 where anything goes (and pitts can't win game 7s at home)....I'm very very bitter and bothered about that still.

And that series was without Alfie & Fisher (thanks to both being injured in the Toronto game just before end of season) & Kelly.. and they took the Pens to 6 games.

The Sens would not stand a chance against the Bruins... but I think they could beat the Rangers in a 7-game series.

You're mixing the years here.
Pens in 6 was 09-10 with Clouston.
Pens in 4 was 07-08 with Murray (after canning Fartsburg) (no Fisher, Kelly and I think 1 game with a 35% Alfie)
08-09 and 10-11: No playoffs

Close...murray canned paddock though, not fartsburg

Interesting theory. How did Hartsburg lose his job? As I remember it, Murray fired both Paddock and Hartsburg.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

And that series was without Alfie & Fisher (thanks to both being injured in the Toronto game just before end of season) & Kelly.. and they took the Pens to 6 games.

The Sens would not stand a chance against the Bruins... but I think they could beat the Rangers in a 7-game series.

Pens in 4 was 07-08 with Murray (after canning Fartsburg) (no Fisher, Kelly and I think 1 game with a 35% Alfie)

I'm at the point I don't even remember who was who between those 2

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Interesting theory. How did Hartsburg lose his job? As I remember it, Murray fired both Paddock and Hartsburg.

Obviously he fired both. Just talking about the particular season marakh is referring to.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Obviously he fired both. Just talking about the particular season marakh is referring to.

They really do blend together.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
They really do blend together.

Yes...into one vomitous mix. Puking2

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Wow we really flamed out at the '07 Stanley Cup Playoff Run Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Wow we really flamed out at the '07 Stanley Cup Playoff Run Facepalm

The Sens went to hell in a handbasket after Alfie's goal in OT to sink the Sabres...damn...we all knew what the Cup Finals meant, but it all happened so fast. Andy Mac, Fat Penner, Kunitz, Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Pronger, Neidermayer - then the three Fuckateers, Pahlsson, R.Neidermayer and whoever the other guy was (Marchant? or Moen?), then Giguere. Really Cussing bad news for us...we were doomed and we didn't realize it at the time - or I didn't, I thought we had a legitimate shot.

The other kicker was that we didn't trade our 1st that year - which is fine, we got Comrie who should have cost a first rounder without question, but still, that was a weak draft year in hindsight. At least we got Ben Blood, who looks like the only legitimate NHLer out of that draft for us (no offense to O'Brien and Caporusso, but...).

The saving grace - and it's a big one, was that Murray got his own scouts in there for the next draft and we started the quick rebuild with a top 3 pick @ 15 in Karlsson, a beauty of a 2nd round pick in Wiercioch, Z.Smith in the 3rd, Petersson in the 4th and Grant in the 4th as well, then Borowiecki in the 5th. Started us out in the right direction in a big way, managed to shed some of the guys who were either oft-injured, not competing hard enough or too old and we started to piece together the current incarnation of this team - which will only get better from here on out.

Hindsight is good sometimes - in that we got two top 5 D-men at 15 and 9...and Turris...things are starting to look a heck of a lot brighter.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Wow we really flamed out at the '07 Stanley Cup Playoff Run Facepalm

The Sens went to hell in a handbasket after Alfie's goal in OT to sink the Sabres...damn...we all knew what the Cup Finals meant, but it all happened so fast. Andy Mac, Fat Penner, Kunitz, Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Pronger, Neidermayer - then the three Fuckateers, Pahlsson, R.Neidermayer and whoever the other guy was (Marchant? or Moen?), then Giguere. Really Cussing bad news for us...we were doomed and we didn't realize it at the time - or I didn't, I thought we had a legitimate shot.

Y'know what, I have so many fond memories of that playoff run that it lessens the sting. Obviously it was heartbreaking to lose, but I was also very proud of what that group did.

I actually got married on June 2nd (Game 3 of the Finals, the first home game, the one we won). Our wedding was at Bon Echo Provincial Park, and I actually had a generator set up to power a TV + antannae (which I had to mount way up the highest tree I could find) so I could bring the game to me and my wedding guests. I even had tickets to that game (I had committed to season tickets for the following year in order to get finals tickets), which I ended up having to sell (I got $1,000 on eBay for the pair of 300 level seats...not too bad).

Anyway, just one more great memory from that playoff run.

Also, my bachelor party entailed watching one of the games versus the Sabres (I think?) at Don Cherry's downtown. Corvo scored in OT for the win, and then I don't remember anything else. It was glorious.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Y'know what, I have so many fond memories of that playoff run that it lessens the sting. Obviously it was heartbreaking to lose, but I was also very proud of what that group did.

I actually got married on June 2nd (Game 3 of the Finals, the first home game, the one we won). Our wedding was at Bon Echo Provincial Park, and I actually had a generator set up to power a TV + antannae (which I had to mount way up the highest tree I could find) so I could bring the game to me and my wedding guests. I even had tickets to that game (I had committed to season tickets for the following year in order to get finals tickets), which I ended up having to sell (I got $1,000 on eBay for the pair of 300 level seats...not too bad).

Anyway, just one more great memory from that playoff run.

Also, my bachelor party entailed watching one of the games versus the Sabres (I think?) at Don Cherry's downtown. Corvo scored in OT for the win, and then I don't remember anything else. It was glorious.

The run was so magical that I wouldn't trade it for anything (except a Cup), it was awesome. That's hilarious that you had a TV set up at your wedding, I don't blame you.

Mel and I got so nervous during that Sabres series that we'd have to take drives and listen to it on the radio. It was so friggin hard on the nerves, it was silly. When that puck went it to send us to the Cup Finals...wow...crazy times. Our neighbors said they could hear us screaming and yelling.

Still proud of that group of guys...even though they got squashed by the Ducks - and from then on a lot of guys really went downhill (Comrie, Heatley, Scheiffer, Redden, Emery, Preissing and even Corvo).

I remember on my wedding day, the Sens selected Silfverberg and Lehner (and I guess the latter rounds as well).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I made some nice coin off that series. :KKK:

Yeah, I'm sure you did great.

Yeah no kidding

Why did you make nice coin off that? The Sens limped into that series like wounded dogs (without the snarl). Who didn't think we'd lose that? I guaranteed they'd lose I think, the fact we made it to Game 6 was a near miracle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum