GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 15th, 2013

+14
Hockeyhero22000
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Vandelay
spader
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
SensHulk
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
NEELY
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 15th, 2013

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 15th, 2013 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 15th, 2013 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 15th, 2013 Large

Return of the Klink...time for a shabbs GDT...

After winning their season opener vs Buffalo, the Sens (1-2-2) have been less than impressive in the 4 games that followed, getting heavily out shot by their opponent. They wrap up their 6-game road trip to start the season with a visit to Phoenix vs the Coyotes (4-2-0) who have gotten off to a nice start and are looking for their 4th win in a row. A win today would go far to getting this team back on track ahead of their home opener. I would not be surprised to see Lehner get the nod today as he looked pretty damn good vs Anaheim in relief for Anderson. Time for the Sens' D to wake up and get back in the game.

Game Coverage:
- TV: SNET-E,TVA,FS-A  
- Radio: TSN 1200
- Web: Check the usual sites...

Latest Updates:
- Sens had an off-ice work out day on Monday

Possible Team Lineups:
Ottawa Senators: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/33/ottawa-senators
Phoenix Coyotes: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/35/phoenix-coyotes

Starting Goalies:
Today's starting goalies: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

TSN's Ice Chips:

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Injuries:
- Ottawa injuries: none
- Phoenix injuries: none

Game Day Previews:

Ottawa Senators Game Day Preview:

Source: http://senators.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020093

NHL.com Game Day Preview:

Source: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020093

Sportsnet.ca Game Day Preview:

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/1345850

ESPN Game Day Preview:

Source: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400484336

ESPN Stats Comparison:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Phoenix Coyotes - 10:00pm ET - Tue. Oct. 15th, 2013 U928

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They need to be better tonight, don't think anyone is going to dispute that. Karlsson needs to be Karlsson again, Anderson needs to not let the first shot of the game in, don't care if it's a breakaway from the redline in, he needs to make a damn save early. Forwards need to support the D in their own zone. Only player who doesn't have to be better is Lehner and maybe Turris.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Totally forgot Vermette played for the 'Yotes. Wonder if we'll see Rundblad tonight? Heh heh.

Ghosts of old Sens...

Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Karlsson needs to have a coming out game tonight... he needs to take over the game and dominate like we know he can...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Both Anderson and Lehner have given up a first-shot goal. Lehner redeemed himself, Anderson gave up a second goal and got yanked, even after stopping two breakaways.

But no matter how you look at it, whether you can fault him or not, Lehner has payed better. I was pushing for Lehner to start in Anaheim after his performance in SJ, and I'd still play him -- he's the hot hand.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Both Anderson and Lehner have given up a first-shot goal.  Lehner redeemed himself, Anderson gave up a second goal and got yanked, even after stopping two breakaways.  

But no matter how you look at it, whether you can fault him or not, Lehner has payed better.  I was pushing for Lehner to start in Anaheim after his performance in SJ, and I'd still play him -- he's the hot hand.
uhhh, no he didn't. He was peppered on Saturday night and it was like shot 4 or 5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Karlsson needs to have a coming out game tonight... he needs to take over the game and dominate like we know he can...
I have a feeling we're not going to see the old Karlsson until next season. Not unless he starts skating on his hands -- looks like he spent extra time in the lab gym working on his arms.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just win. That is all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Anderson needs to not let the first shot of the game in, don't care if it's a breakaway from the redline in, he needs to make a damn save early.  
I'm a big Andy supporter, but what makes you think he's starting tonight? If I'm Mac, I'm going with Lehner and then taking it from there.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Anderson needs to not let the first shot of the game in, don't care if it's a breakaway from the redline in, he needs to make a damn save early.  
I'm a big Andy supporter, but what makes you think he's starting tonight?  If I'm Mac, I'm going with Lehner and then taking it from there.
Just doing with that assumption, Lehner deserves the start but logic says Anderson probably goes. I've said it 100 times before, Lehner is good enough to be a starter for an Olympic team right now let alone an NHL team who is struggling. He will be the #1 by years end and you're right, he could very well be it now but I don't think that's in stone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I'm a big Andy supporter, but what makes you think he's starting tonight?  If I'm Mac, I'm going with Lehner and then taking it from there.
Just doing with that assumption, Lehner deserves the start but logic says Anderson probably goes.  I've said it 100 times before, Lehner is good enough to be a starter for an Olympic team right now let alone an NHL team who is struggling.  He will be the #1 by years end and you're right, he could very well be it now but I don't think that's in stone.
Mac wants the team to settle down from the forwards to the defence, so I think he starts Lehner tonight - the guy that's been the most stable - then starts Andy in the home opener no matter what happens. But I've been wrong before on this kind of thing - a lot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Prager offered up these lines in the San Jose/Ducks thread... wonder if we'll see something close to it tonight...

Pageau-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Zibanejad-Michalek
Condra-Smith-Neil

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Prager offered up these lines in the San Jose/Ducks thread... wonder if we'll see something close to it tonight...

Pageau-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Zibanejad-Michalek
Condra-Smith-Neil
Well...except for Zibanejad there and probably without Pageau on the top line.

If I was to guess, we'll start the game with

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
Michalek - Turris - MacArthur
Conacher - Pageau - Neil

as the top 9. We'll see though, we have a lot of options. You can't bring up Zibanejad right away if you want that lesson to sink in.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
The reason I see The Gregger starting is that "Mac" doesn't want to hang that loss to the Ducks on him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
The reason I see The Gregger starting is that "Mac" doesn't want to hang that loss to the Ducks on him.
I though that too, but Lehner has proven he deserves another start at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum