GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Phoenix Coyotes, January 24th, 9:00

+19
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
sens4win
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
wprager
Flo The Action
NEELY
Hoags
cash
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
KidKarlsson
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Go Timmy Peel!

Timmy Peel is to the Senator's opponents as Warrior is to Hogan

Ottawa Senators vs Phoenix Coyotes, January 24th, 9:00 - Page 8 The-hulkster-power-level

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Last time we were in a playoff position at this time of year I remember how horrible they were after the All Star Break. There was talk of getting home ice advantage instead we got 5th and bounced by the Pens in the 1st round.

Hope they rest and come out strong again after the break.

Is that the series there was no Alfie, Fisher or Kelly?

This is a different team. They looked really tired, out of sync and not focused at least in the 1st period. You can't really blame them... 4 games in 6 nights on that West Coast trip is a lot of hockey..

When some of us looked at that January schedule we were trying to determine how they would win even 2 games and they won 8 with 4 losses & 1 OT loss. That is great for this team.

February is a more favourable schedule BUT they have to take advantage of that.

I've been watching hockey for a very long time and I have never, ever seen such blatant bias in the last 3 games than I have seen in 40 yrs... that's not a joke either. That was a disgusting display, overall, of being totally unfair to one team in a game.

If the NHL let's this type of action to continue.. then I really, really question the integrity of this league.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
Hoags wrote:Last time we were in a playoff position at this time of year I remember how horrible they were after the All Star Break. There was talk of getting home ice advantage instead we got 5th and bounced by the Pens in the 1st round.

This is a different team. They looked really tired, out of sync and not focused at least in the 1st period. You can't really blame them... 4 games in 6 nights on that West Coast trip is a lot of hockey..

When some of us looked at that January schedule we were trying to determine how they would win even 2 games and they won 8 with 4 losses & 1 OT loss. That is great for this team.

I've been watching hockey for a very long time and I have never, ever seen such blatant bias in the last 3 games than I have seen in 40 yrs... that's not a joke either. That was a disgusting display, overall, of being totally unfair to one team in a game.

If the NHL let's this type of action to continue.. then I really, really question the integrity of this league.

I'm trying to remember that year as well. Was that the year we started 15-2? If so, that Cussing team was so lazy it made me want to puke. This team is 100% different in its work ethic and coaching.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

I'm trying to remember that year as well. Was that the year we started 15-2? If so, that Cussing team was so lazy it made me want to puke. This team is 100% different in its work ethic and coaching.
Sure was.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

No I think he's talking about the 09-10 season, except there wasn't an all-star break it was an olympic break (much longer). Anyways they went into that hot, we're going into the all-star break cold. The break will do us some good.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:No I think he's talking about the 09-10 season, except there wasn't an all-star break it was an olympic break (much longer). Anyways they went into that hot, we're going into the all-star break cold. The break will do us some good.

I thought he meant 07-08 when we started 15-2 and got bounced by Pitts in the first round.

Stupid Penguins. It sucks that they've bounced us enough times recently that we can mix them up. Dammit!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:No I think he's talking about the 09-10 season, except there wasn't an all-star break it was an olympic break (much longer). Anyways they went into that hot, we're going into the all-star break cold. The break will do us some good.

I thought he meant 07-08 when we started 15-2 and got bounced by Pitts in the first round.

Stupid Penguins. It sucks that they've bounced us enough times recently that we can mix them up. Dammit!

in 07-08, we ended up 7th in the conference. So he must be talking about our most recent playoffs.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
spader wrote:

in 07-08, we ended up 7th in the conference. So he must be talking about our most recent playoffs.

Yup. Looks like it was the 09-10 ousting by the Penguins, not the 07-08 ousting by the Penguins.

I say again, stupid Penguins. Leftie

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm looking for some sweet revenge against the penguins. That last series was tough to swallow....3-0 lead in game 6 at home and half a game away from sending it to game 7 where anything goes (and pitts can't win game 7s at home)....I'm very very bitter and bothered about that still.

Sens haven't won a home playoff game since the '07 cup finals.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:I'm looking for some sweet revenge against the penguins. That last series was tough to swallow....3-0 lead in game 6 at home and half a game away from sending it to game 7 where anything goes (and pitts can't win game 7s at home)....I'm very very bitter and bothered about that still.

And that series was without Alfie & Fisher (thanks to both being injured in the Toronto game just before end of season) & Kelly.. and they took the Pens to 6 games.

The Sens would not stand a chance against the Bruins... but I think they could beat the Rangers in a 7-game series.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I'm looking for some sweet revenge against the penguins. That last series was tough to swallow....3-0 lead in game 6 at home and half a game away from sending it to game 7 where anything goes (and pitts can't win game 7s at home)....I'm very very bitter and bothered about that still.

I made some nice coin off that series. :KKK:

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

And that series was without Alfie & Fisher (thanks to both being injured in the Toronto game just before end of season) & Kelly.. and they took the Pens to 6 games.

The Sens would not stand a chance against the Bruins... but I think they could beat the Rangers in a 7-game series.

nope you've got it confused with the previous series in '08 against the penguins. That's when we were missing alfie (he returned for final two games) and fisher and kelly and had the great mike commodore on defense. That series they got swept in 4....

The series where they went 6 games they were missing michalek, kovalev (who started playing really well in the 2nd half of the season) and kuba.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

You're mixing the years here.
Pens in 6 was 09-10 with Clouston.
Pens in 4 was 07-08 with Murray (after canning Fartsburg) (no Fisher, Kelly and I think 1 game with a 35% Alfie)
08-09 and 10-11: No playoffs

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure you did great.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Pens in 4 was 07-08 with Murray (after canning Fartsburg) (no Fisher, Kelly and I think 1 game with a 35% Alfie)

Close...murray canned paddock though, not fartsburg

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure you did great.

Yeah no kidding

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Interesting theory. How did Hartsburg lose his job? As I remember it, Murray fired both Paddock and Hartsburg.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

I'm at the point I don't even remember who was who between those 2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum