GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 All-Star Game

+15
Ev
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Hoags
spader
wprager
SensHulk
NEELY
Riprock
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
tim1_2
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 13]

762012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently it's Hagelin and some dude named Diaz.

Diaz from Montreal? Laugh1

Cowen has the same number of points, a better +/- record, and arguably plays a much, much bigger role for his team, playing 20+ a night. So, yea, sounds about right. Laugh1

While we're on it... Condra also has better numbers across the board than Hagelin. Ahhhhh!

Probably came down to evening out the left-side/right-side D.

That would be the most logical explanation. Either that, or no one in Ottawa wants to see Ottawa Senators players in the All-Star Game. Probably a bit of both, actually.

772012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Cowen has the same number of points, a better +/- record, and arguably plays a much, much bigger role for his team, playing 20+ a night. So, yea, sounds about right. Laugh1

While we're on it... Condra also has better numbers across the board than Hagelin. Ahhhhh!

That would be the most logical explanation. Either that, or no one in Ottawa wants to see Ottawa Senators players in the All-Star Game. Probably a bit of both, actually.

If not for the voting, Greening would be the only representative in the ASG. Fact.

782012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Probably came down to evening out the left-side/right-side D.

Laughing3

Good work. Meh, does anyone really care? Cowen's "skillset" isn't exactly ASG-friendly anyways.

792012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm kind of glad he gets the 5 or 6 days off to be honest, but it's puzzling that one of the biggest hockey markets in the NHL has one of the brightest young stars on D and the NHL chooses to ignore it. Very queer, but I'm sure we'll all survive it.

802012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Probably came down to evening out the left-side/right-side D.

Laughing3

Good work. Meh, does anyone really care? Cowen's "skillset" isn't exactly ASG-friendly anyways.

Of course not. Windbag ASG announcer: "Did you see Cowen's positioning on that play?!?!?! That'll be on every highlight show in North America!!!"

812012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:27 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Konopka thinks Cowen should be there as well....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/01/25/19290531.html

Also visiting an area well-known to cows is Jared Cowen, who's going home to Allan, Sask. — despite what Zenon Konopka thinks the big rookie blueliner should be doing.

"Look at the way he plays, and his ice time ... this kid is one of the best prospects in the whole league, and he's not going to be part of the all-star weekend?" Konopka said of Cowen. "It's not right. I'm outraged. There should have been some lobbying done to get him in."

822012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

LMAO! Laugh1

832012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:48 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Konopka thinks Cowen should be there as well....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/01/25/19290531.html

Also visiting an area well-known to cows is Jared Cowen, who's going home to Allan, Sask. — despite what Zenon Konopka thinks the big rookie blueliner should be doing.

"Look at the way he plays, and his ice time ... this kid is one of the best prospects in the whole league, and he's not going to be part of the all-star weekend?" Konopka said of Cowen. "It's not right. I'm outraged. There should have been some lobbying done to get him in."

The more I hear/see Konopka talk, the more I like the guy. He has a great sense of humour, and you can tell he's a real team guy.

842012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd rather have Cowen take a break. Diddle this game.

852012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If anyone goes to the Fan Fair stuff at the convention center, let me know how it is. I am contemplating bringing my daughter to check it all out, but I'm just not positive how cool it will be.

862012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:51 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:If anyone goes to the Fan Fair stuff at the convention center, let me know how it is. I am contemplating bringing my daughter to check it all out, but I'm just not positive how cool it will be.

I heard its gonna be a really good setup. The sun posted a sneak peak video and showed dancers and hockey jerseys in ice sculptures and a ton of interactive games. I'm planning on heading there friday night (tickets are $10 at canadian tire!)

872012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

and OMG DRAKE IS PERFORMING AT THE ALL-STAR GAME!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! PillowFight PillowFight I love you

....insert massive Sarcasm I hate drake

882012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:and OMG DRAKE IS PERFORMING AT THE ALL-STAR GAME!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! PillowFight PillowFight I love you

....insert massive Sarcasm I hate drake

Could be worse, could have been Justin Bieber Sarcasm

892012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The ALL STAR Draft goes tonight boys and girls.

TSN has it starting at 8:00pm.

Preview special starts at 7:30pm.

Who will be last?

902012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hmmm....she's purrty

912012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a charming young lady!

922012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Who will be last?

Maybe Pominville?

It probably would've been a Leaf had the league not wussed out and made Lupul an alternate captain.

932012 All-Star Game - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 All-Star Game Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why isn't Kessel and alternate after last year?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum