GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game

+4
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
wprager
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317028

The other "finalist"? .... Phoenix Facepalm

I guess we'll have to wait until 2092 to get one in Ottawa? Or maybe we can convince Gary that it should be 2017, since the original Senators joined the NHL in 1917?

Oh, well, I guess this gives me an opportunity to post this:

Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game 0910StormSquad

(click on the image -- it's a link -- and at the linked-to location you can click on individual members of the Storm Squad to get bios and more pics)

2Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The girl to the left of the black guy is a smokeshow!

3Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard the Sens were still in the running for 2012 and 2013 but that so is Toronto.

- Unknown Author

4Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:The girl to the left of the black guy is a smokeshow!

Like I said, click on the pic, then you can click on individual Storm Squad members to get their bio, a pics gallery and a video clip.

5Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:45 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I heard the Sens were still in the running for 2012 and 2013 but that so is Toronto.

If that's the case, that makes that statement inherently false.

6Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the hell? When do we get one? Don't put us in the running for 2012 or 2013, announce it, we've never had one here - it's a disgrace.

7Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I heard the Sens were still in the running for 2012 and 2013 but that so is Toronto.

So we're not actually in the running then?

8Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317028

The other "finalist"? .... Phoenix Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game 489887

I guess we'll have to wait until 2092 to get one in Ottawa? Or maybe we can convince Gary that it should be 2017, since the original Senators joined the NHL in 1917?

Oh, well, I guess this gives me an opportunity to post this:

Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game 0910StormSquad

(click on the image -- it's a link -- and at the linked-to location you can click on individual members of the Storm Squad to get bios and more pics)

Didn't know Reuben was a hockey fan.

9Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm not happy with this at all. I thought for sure we'd be getting it this year. When is our turn going to be?

10Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:56 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

so its to the point that teams are getting looked at their second go-around with the all-star game (Leafs @ ACC) than the senators getting their first game.

How does Phoenix become a finalist? This is ridiculous.

11Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I expected another team to get it in 2011. I figured our shot was 2012 but we shall see.

- Unknown Author

12Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:so its to the point that teams are getting looked at their second go-around with the all-star game (Leafs @ ACC) than the senators getting their first game.

Bettman. And you can bet when the team is sold, they will be automatically awarded the game, unless they are relocated to Canada.

13Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:so its to the point that teams are getting looked at their second go-around with the all-star game (Leafs @ ACC) than the senators getting their first game.

Bettman. And you can bet when the team is sold, they will be automatically awarded the game, unless they are relocated to Canada.

Translation: Unless pigs can fly. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

14Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Empty Re: Carolina to host 2011 All-Star game Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You know, I would rather Winnipeg got it before Carolina or Phoenix, but for Ottawa to not get it after twice being the host city for the draft, which is also usually the host to the ASG, is absurd.

Draft is in LA and they don't get the ASG either.

Also didn't even realize there was/is no ASG this year because of the Olympics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum