GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confirmed (?) rumour -- Ottawa to host the 2012 All Star Game

+7
SensHulk
Devo
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
PKC
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Re-tweeted by msconduct:

SportsBizNews

Rumor du Jour: Gary Bettman in Ottawa on September 15 to announce the 2012 NHL All-Star Weekend will be hosted by the Ottawa Senators

I don't know how valid this is, but wouldn't that be something.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Re-tweeted by msconduct:

SportsBizNews

Rumor du Jour: Gary Bettman in Ottawa on September 15 to announce the 2012 NHL All-Star Weekend will be hosted by the Ottawa Senators

About Cussing time...even Atlanta had an all-star game already. Seriously. They did.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

As far as I know, part of the agreement in regards to Melnyk buying the team was that "we" would get 1 all-star game and 1 entry draft. So it would make sense that we got this event.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Isn't Toronto in the mix here as well? I thought I read that months ago somewhere? I don't know if this is a done deal just yet.

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Didn't Toronto have the all-star game in 2011 or something like that. Maybe not that year, but sometime in the somewhat recent past?

For that reason alone I would put Ottawa as front runners.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:Didn't Toronto have the all-star game in 2011 or something like that. Maybe not that year, but sometime in the somewhat recent past?

Dude, what year do you think it is? Sarcasm

Seriously, though, Carolina got the 2011 game. Toronto last hosted it in 2000, but they also hosted it four of the first five years after it became an annual affair in '47, and another four times in the '60s. They haven't done much since the '60s.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Didn't Toronto have the all-star game in 2011 or something like that. Maybe not that year, but sometime in the somewhat recent past?

Seriously, though, Carolina got the 2011 game. Toronto last hosted it in 2000, but they also hosted it four of the first five years after it became an annual affair in '47, and another four times in the '60s. They haven't done much since the '60s.

Yeah Toronto's logo for the event was something like 2T0R0NT0.... Those 'o' are zeroes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:

SportsBizNews

About Cussing time...even Atlanta had an all-star game already. Seriously. They did.

Not surprising. Have you seen their Ice Girls?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:

SportsBizNews

Not surprising. Have you seen their Ice Girls?

There are people who know how to skate in Atlanta??? Oh, are they Russian mail-order brides?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nah, probably just some Falcons cheerleaders who could rollerblade.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Nah, probably just some Falcons cheerleaders who could rollerblade.

These guys?

Confirmed (?) rumour -- Ottawa to host the 2012 All Star Game Rollerball%20poster

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nah, the "Blue Crew" (and be careful how you spell that).

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Haha, that was meant to say 2001, clearly I was in no condition for hockey talk.

I think the fact they've hosted the game in the last decade will play against them though, even if they haven't hosted the game (other than that) in the last 40 odd years.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently this has been confirmed now. Maybe could change the title of the thread to reflect that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:Apparently this has been confirmed now. Maybe could change the title of the thread to reflect that.

Well, not exactly, but it's been picked up:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/AllStarGame/2010/09/06/15261346.html?cid=rsssportsslam!%20hockey

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum