GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Florida @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 27, 2011

+18
cash
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Hoags
Ev
PTFlea
Vandelay
wprager
SensGirl11
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

1st period they were all over them. The Sens are the better team for sure.

I just hope teams keep thinking they are getting to play the Sens from last year... if the other team doesn't work as hard as the Sens, they won't beat them. Amazing the bounces go the way of that harder working team eh...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm still shocked at how fast Rundblad's game is coming together. Mind blowing because we're all sitting here watching it happen in front of our eyes - like with Karlsson, but this is happening even quicker.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

now THAT was a team game.....what an awesome finish yet again. Not a perfect game but how can one not admire the team's effort in this one?

5 points:

1) Gonchar is BACK
2) The top 6 looks awesome. DaCosta came to play and Alfie is GOD. Good game by Foligno and Condra (what a beaut¥ pass)
3) Anderson made key saves.....but would it kill him to have a 0.900% in an upcoming game? Preferably the next two?
4) Rundblad is getting his Dung together!
5) Cowen almost scored! Great game for him and Phillips.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm still shocked at how fast Rundblad's game is coming together. Mind blowing because we're all sitting here watching it happen in front of our eyes - like with Karlsson, but this is happening even quicker.

That's what happens when you get 2 more years in Sweden to refine your game.

I like how he and Karlsson play completely different games to compliment each other

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:If Filatov ever turns into a 25-30 goal guy, Ottawa is going to be a really good team in a few years.

With Hoffman, Silfverberg, Petersson, Puempel, Noesen in the system I'd say odds are at least one of them makes it.

Stone too.

Cussing. Stacked. MJ

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm still shocked at how fast Rundblad's game is coming together. Mind blowing because we're all sitting here watching it happen in front of our eyes - like with Karlsson, but this is happening even quicker.

That's what happens when you get 2 more years in Sweden to refine your game.

I like how he and Karlsson play completely different games to compliment each other

Yeah really. Completely different styles. The speed of Karlsson, the silky smooth rushing of Rundblad. Deadly duo in a couple of years, absolutely deadly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:I was literally on the edge of my seat that entire 3rd. There is no quit in the Sens and the vets are really stepping up and the rookies are really starting to get comfortable.

People were on Murray about giving Greening and Condra 1 way deals... well he looks like a genius at this point. Both those guys are really solid hockey players.

Da Costa was awesome

Spezza looked ok, wish he would play a road game every night, he's a better player when he does that.

Murray did the smart thing flushing the season when he did and giving looooooooong auditions to Greening and Condra among others. Those signings were close to foolproof.

As was Butler?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:I was literally on the edge of my seat that entire 3rd. There is no quit in the Sens and the vets are really stepping up and the rookies are really starting to get comfortable.

People were on Murray about giving Greening and Condra 1 way deals... well he looks like a genius at this point. Both those guys are really solid hockey players.

Da Costa was awesome

Spezza looked ok, wish he would play a road game every night, he's a better player when he does that.

Murray did the smart thing flushing the season when he did and giving looooooooong auditions to Greening and Condra among others. Those signings were close to foolproof.

As was Butler?

It's not really a big risk though, right?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:Sens in 8th spot now...

Give it an hour and they will be in 7th.

Can't pass Tampa -- they've got more regulation or OT wins (ROW column in standings).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The really shouldn't even have been this close. Karlsson had an open net and shot it high. Alfie hit a crossbar. Someone else hit a post. And Markstrom made a lot of really good saves.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The really shouldn't even have been this close. Karlsson had an open net and shot it high. Alfie hit a crossbar. Someone else hit a post. And Markstrom made a lot of really good saves.

Markstrom is sick.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:The really shouldn't even have been this close. Karlsson had an open net and shot it high. Alfie hit a crossbar. Someone else hit a post. And Markstrom made a lot of really good saves.

Markstrom is sick.
He has been incredible over the past two games. No doubt.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm still pumped up from last night. So much fun to watch the Sens right now and the effort they are giving every single night. It also helps that the team is healthy (knock on wood).

So much for the thought of Penner coming to Ottawa at season's end though, haha. Greening has officially arrived and is exactly what they would hope Penner would be to Spezza.

Right now there is an absolutely perfect mix of vets, youth, experience, and excitment. The game looks fun again, especially for guys like Kuba, Phillips, and Gonchar, those guys have been so good the last 2 weeks and the kids seem to be following their lead and then some.

This team will be in the playoff hunt until the last couple weeks of the season, after that, who knows what might happen. I'm glad they stocked up on picks last season and have cupboard full of prospects because dealing any of the D men at this point for anything would be a huge mistake.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Seriously. That was awesome. Don't know if he's been credited, but we won that game because of Matrix (again). He made some really key saves.

That first goal was a stinker though. No worries, nobody remembers Dung goals when you win.

That first goal was a rocket. The only way you stop that is if it hits you. 9/10 times it hits you, or goes wide...it just found an open space. Nothing you can do when the puck is wired so hard, it's invisible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:No, I have not seen that show. And yes, she is an attractive young woman.

The girls are making "I heart Selena" signs. Facepalm

Shoot me now.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That was Cowen, would've been nice to see him get his first.

What a sick game to watch. They did however play like Dung for 30-40 minutes, it seemed that neither team wanted to play for some reason...it was quite strange for a while. I think we finally turned it on after our 2nd goal.

Unbelievable that we've had 2 games that we've won in the last 5 seconds in the game in the last 5 days...weird.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:No, I have not seen that show. And yes, she is an attractive young woman.

The girls are making "I heart Selena" signs. Facepalm

Shoot me now.

You should make one too :D

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:

That was Cowen, would've been nice to see him get his first.

What a sick game to watch. They did however play like Dung for 30-40 minutes, it seemed that neither team wanted to play for some reason...it was quite strange for a while. I think we finally turned it on after our 2nd goal.

Unbelievable that we've had 2 games that we've won in the last 5 seconds in the game in the last 5 days...weird.

I thought they completely outplayed the Panthers in the 1st period.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum