GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Florida @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 27, 2011

+18
cash
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Hoags
Ev
PTFlea
Vandelay
wprager
SensGirl11
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Ok, done editing. Added starting line-ups (thanks Shabbs) for both Ottawa and Florida. Both goalies confirmed to start.

Predictions for tonight's game?

I am predicting a 4-3 Panthers win. I am 4-4 on the season so far in terms of predictions (correctly predicted losses to Detroit, Toronto, Washington and Philly, was wrong on Minnessota, Colorado, and Carolina). I was undecided on Columbus, having suspected it could go either way, but will give it an incorrect guess. I predicted the Sens would either go 3-9 or 4-8, and they are currently 4-5.

The panel at SenatorsExtra have predicted 5-3 in favour of the Sens winning.

So your predictions have been horrible. You can't get half your predictions wrong, then have their overall record guessed correctly, and claim a victory!!!!

Of course, what can I expect from a Panthers fan.

Funny, NEELY did the same thing. And how does their overall record coincide at all with correctly predicting every win, nd every score?

So if someone predicted they would finish the season 43-30-5-4 but only successfully predicted wins for 23 games and incorrectly for 16 losses, they were incorrect saying they would still go 43 and 39 overall?

Great logic there.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Well you are "kind of " annoying. You seem to feel the need to question my team loyalties when I say another team is better and likely will win, but I don't see you question anyone else for making predictions in favour of the other team, or for criticizing players that play for the team.

If it is okay as a fan of the team to criticize players on that team as a fan, does it mean if they criticize players on another team that they are a fan of that team too? Also by your logic if I predict the Sens will win, does that mean I am actually a fan of the opposing team?

Since I've been questioning your loyalties openly, the team has only lost one game. I can't take any chances and jinx more wins by stopping at this point.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Ok, done editing. Added starting line-ups (thanks Shabbs) for both Ottawa and Florida. Both goalies confirmed to start.

Predictions for tonight's game?

I am predicting a 4-3 Panthers win. I am 4-4 on the season so far in terms of predictions (correctly predicted losses to Detroit, Toronto, Washington and Philly, was wrong on Minnessota, Colorado, and Carolina). I was undecided on Columbus, having suspected it could go either way, but will give it an incorrect guess. I predicted the Sens would either go 3-9 or 4-8, and they are currently 4-5.

The panel at SenatorsExtra have predicted 5-3 in favour of the Sens winning.

So your predictions have been horrible. You can't get half your predictions wrong, then have their overall record guessed correctly, and claim a victory!!!!

Of course, what can I expect from a Panthers fan.

Funny, NEELY did the same thing. And how does their overall record coincide at all with correctly predicting every win, nd every score?

So if someone predicted they would finish the season 43-30-5-4 but only successfully predicted wins for 23 games and incorrectly for 16 losses, they were incorrect saying they would still go 43 and 39 overall?

Great logic there.

Yah, but I didn't predict every game as a loss. I'm going to predict Columbus looses every single game the rest of the year and you know what, I'll be right more than 1/2 the time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Funny, NEELY did the same thing. And how does their overall record coincide at all with correctly predicting every win, nd every score?

Great logic there.

Meh. You said yourself you've gone 4-4 in predictions. You might as well have flipped a coin. Especially since the losses to the Wings, Leafs (2nd game of road back-to-backs), Flyers, and Caps were all easy calls. So really, you've gone 0-4.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Sens lines:

Colin Greening — Jason Spezza — Milan Michalek
Nick Foligno — Stephane Da Costa — Daniel Alfredsson
Kaspars Daugavins — Zack Smith — Chris Neil
Erik Condra — Zenon Konopka — Jesse Winchester

Kuba — Karlsson
Cowen — Gonchar
Phillips — Rundblad

Anderson

Brian Lee and Bobby Butler (who is ready to return from his groin injury) are the healthy scratches, while Craig Anderson starts in goal.

Game Day updates: http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/regin-out-6-8-weeks-with-shoulder-injury

I LOVE our top line. It won't be long before the NHL is buzzing about it. They are so exciting to watch and they are a Wing Dang Doodle to play against as we've all witnessed. Greening is definitely now realizing just how strong he is and that guys cannot move him as hard as they try. Very refreshing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

0-4, that's pretty bad. Dash, I'm sooooo glad you're predicting a loss tonight Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:0-4, that's pretty bad. Dash, I'm sooooo glad you're predicting a loss tonight Wink

TONIGHT?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fear Markstrom.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Sens lines:

Colin Greening — Jason Spezza — Milan Michalek
Nick Foligno — Stephane Da Costa — Daniel Alfredsson
Kaspars Daugavins — Zack Smith — Chris Neil
Erik Condra — Zenon Konopka — Jesse Winchester

Kuba — Karlsson
Cowen — Gonchar
Phillips — Rundblad

Anderson

Brian Lee and Bobby Butler (who is ready to return from his groin injury) are the healthy scratches, while Craig Anderson starts in goal.

Game Day updates: http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/regin-out-6-8-weeks-with-shoulder-injury

I LOVE our top line. It won't be long before the NHL is buzzing about it. They are so exciting to watch and they are a Wing Dang Doodle to play against as we've all witnessed. Greening is definitely now realizing just how strong he is and that guys cannot move him as hard as they try. Very refreshing.

Ya...I hate to jinx it caus it's still so early in the season, but how long have we been waiting for a guy like this? And at that price tag? Guys with that kindu jam that can play on your first line are hard to come by. He's such a perfect fit with Spezza and Michalek. Spezza is reaping the benefits of the space Greening is making for him. The guy is a monster in the corners and in front of the net!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The jersey goes 4-0 tonight! BOOK IT!!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Game Day - Florida @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 27, 2011 - Page 2 Awwyea15

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:0-4, that's pretty bad. Dash, I'm sooooo glad you're predicting a loss tonight Wink

No, it's 4-4. And I never said it for any bragging rights, frankly, it's decent, but not good. I just felt the need to show my record thus far since I said let's predict the game tonight. Anyone who makes a prediction regularly like the guys on Senatorsextra do they show their overall records for people to see how well they have done in the past.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
Ya...I hate to jinx it caus it's still so early in the season, but how long have we been waiting for a guy like this? And at that price tag? Guys with that kindu jam that can play on your first line are hard to come by. He's such a perfect fit with Spezza and Michalek. Spezza is reaping the benefits of the space Greening is making for him. The guy is a monster in the corners and in front of the net!

Yeah really. I think you have to get lucky and draft these guys, because not many teams let the prototypical power forward get to free agency.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

Yeah really. I think you have to get lucky and draft these guys, because not many teams let the prototypical power forward get to free agency.

Let's settle down a little. He's currently on the first line but he is not a first line player - at least at the moment.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Funny, NEELY did the same thing. And how does their overall record coincide at all with correctly predicting every win, nd every score?

Great logic there.

Meh. You said yourself you've gone 4-4 in predictions. You might as well have flipped a coin. Especially since the losses to the Wings, Leafs (2nd game of road back-to-backs), Flyers, and Caps were all easy calls. So really, you've gone 0-4.

NEELY predicted Sens over Leafs. Evan said Sens over Wings, Leafs, Caps and Flyers. Michalica predicted Sens over Philly. Stempniaksen also said a win over the Leafs.

Point: I made my predictions, I stand by them (I predicted Florida win in the predictions, so why change it now?).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

Let's settle down a little. He's currently on the first line but he is not a first line player - at least at the moment.

At the very least, he's gonna be a 3rd line beast with PP upside. At the most, he'll be on the 1st line. What's not to like about those odds? #winning.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

What's wrong with Greening on the first line ?

It works it simply works.

We tried Filatov, a player with far more pedigree and nothing happened.

Greening is our Holmstrom, Knuble etc.

We've always had a problem with most of our players being too chicken Dung to stand in front of the net, now we got one more and he's not easy to knock off the puck nor to remove from the front of the net.

Clouston figured it out, now MacLean did too.

That line is extremely effective... keep it(for now at least).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum