GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011

+23
Da lil Guy
spader
asq2
Hobiesens
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
Flo The Action
dennycrane
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Hoags
SensGirl11
shabbs
Ev
Riprock
NEELY
wprager
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Predict the outcome

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_lcap250%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 3 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_lcap233%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_lcap217%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 20]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 LargeGame Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 AtGame Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 Large

NHL Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020033

TSN Ice Chips for Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators
Daniel Alfredsson wasn't skating, he was out with a cold.

G Craig Anderson will start Tuesday against the Wild. C Peter Regin will play and coach Paul MacLean said the team is considering giving D David Rundblad his first NHL start; they will wait to decide on Tuesday.

C Jesse Winchester was skating with the team wearing a non-contact jersey. It was his first day skating with team since suffering a shoulder injury on the first day of training camp. - TSN

TSN Ice Chips for Minnesota: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-wild

Monday's Practice Lines
Forwards:
Greening - Spezza - Zibanejad
Michalek - Da Costa - Butler
Foligno - Regin - Neil
Condra - Konopka - Smith/Filatov

Defence:
Cowen - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Rundblad
Lee

Goaltenders:
Anderson
Auld

Dany Heatley will be wearing the 'A'. We all know what that stands for.

GO SENS GO!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The Sens should be able to come away with a win here. Minny played yesterday and didn't look all that great, their defence is lacking to say the least. Ottawa should be pumped for the home crowd and they a lineup that is showing a lot of potential right now along with a ton of character.

Expect a big game from Zibanejad. 1st goal comes tonight on Spezza's wing. He is going to get a real shot at putting up some numbers being to the right of #19.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ESPN Game Day Preview: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400046915

Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean is tired of seeing his team struggle out of the gate.

Playing in front of the home crowd for the first time this season could provide Ottawa with the boost it's been lacking.

The Senators hope to get off to a quick start when they face the Minnesota Wild in Tuesday night's home opener.

After failing to score in the first two periods of Friday's 5-3 defeat at Detroit, Ottawa (0-2-0) was again shut out over the first 40 minutes before its second straight third-period rally fell short during Saturday's 6-5 loss at Toronto.

Daniel Alfredsson scored twice and defenseman Erik Karlsson notched a career high-tying three assists.

"I'd rather talk about the second period and the first period when we didn't play rather than the third-period comeback, I'm tired of talking about that already," MacLean said. "...We get a goal scored against us and then we stop playing. We resort to old habits and not playing together as a group and not competing as a team together.

"That doesn't work in this league. You have to play with structure and you have to play with work ethic."

The Senators lead the NHL with eight third-period goals -- an effort MacLean wants to see his team bring from the very start.

"(In the third period) we play with speed, we attack the net, we make the opposition defend their net. That's the way we want to play, that's the way we want to be," he said.

"When we do that, obviously we can have success ... we have to come and make sure that we work until we get the game going the way that we want it to go."

A matchup against Minnesota (1-1-0) could help Ottawa get back on track. The Senators have outscored the Wild 23-9 during a five-game winning streak in this series.

Minnesota, which defeated Columbus 4-2 in Saturday's season opener, failed to generate the same kind of offense during Monday's 2-1 road loss to the New York Islanders.

The Wild were without right wing Pierre-Marc Bouchard, who began serving his two-game suspension for high-sticking the Blue Jackets' Matt Calvert in the face. Bouchard is eligible to return Thursday against Edmonton.

"Whatever we face, whether its (Bouchard's suspension) or an afternoon game, we gotta find a way, we have to know what our game is and what we have to bring to the table," coach Mike Yeo said.

"Regardless of who's in the lineup, who's out of the lineup, we have capable guys doing it. We have to know what that recipe is and we have to be ready to bring it right from the drop of the puck."

Matt Cullen scored for the second time in as many games but Minnesota went 0 for 7 on the power play. The Wild are 1 for 38 with the man advantage over their last nine road games dating to last season, during which they have gone 2-7-0.

Minnesota, however, could catch a break versus the Senators, who rank last in the league with a 5.50 goals-against average.

Craig Anderson is 2-6-2 with a 3.01 GAA lifetime versus the Wild. Alex Auld has, in contrast, gone 7-2-1 with 1.62 GAA against them -- his second-lowest mark versus any team.

Yeo could give backup goalie Josh Harding the start, which would be his first since March 26, 2010. Harding missed all of last season after tearing ligaments in his left knee during a preseason game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa leads the stats comparison in pretty much everything (except wins and goalie stats). Michalek leads the team with 10 shots, to Dany Heatley's 9. Woohoo! Facepalm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

All-star?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heatley has been excellent the last two games, all-around. Hopefully he cools it off for one night.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's get a nice win for the home opener... GO SENS GO!!! And let's keep Heatbag off the score sheet.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'll go for the 'big' win on this one even though there is nothing that has shown us that they can do it yet. I don't think we'll go 0 for 3...The Wild seem to have a heck of a time scoring goals so it should make it interesting.

I do however think Heatley will probably dance around a lot of our young bucks and score 2.

4-3 final for Sens

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Let me also say that I think it's crap that Filatov got bumped down so low 2 games in...give me a break.

If that is in fact the case.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:
wprager wrote:

All-star?

or Donkey-wipe

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SensGirl11 wrote:Let me also say that I think it's crap that Filatov got bumped down so low 2 games in...give me a break.

Who out of the top 6 deserves to sit over Filatov? Hell, who in the top 9.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Let me also say that I think it's crap that Filatov got bumped down so low 2 games in...give me a break.

Regin is back. Da Costa and Zibanejad are playing well.

We finally have legit competition for ice time ! :KKK:

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. Other players have been better. It's that simple.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'd say Foligno has been quite ineffective.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Exactly. Other players have been better. It's that simple.

Indeed. Zibanejad, Da Costa, Regin, Greening, Filatov, etc…. These guys will all be given ample opportunity this year to show that they belong. Filatov may play a little on the 4th line, but he'll get his chance.

Back-to-back games on the road, with a start in Detroit, is a very tough way to open the season. Let's forget those two, and focus on tonight. The Sens have had a couple days off to regroup, and will hopefully be able to carry some of that third period against Toronto into tonight, and pot some goals early. A quick start is key to getting their confidence up.

Anderson will be fine in goal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 20]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum