GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011

+23
Da lil Guy
spader
asq2
Hobiesens
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
Flo The Action
dennycrane
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Hoags
SensGirl11
shabbs
Ev
Riprock
NEELY
wprager
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Predict the outcome

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 3 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. Other players have been better. It's that simple.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I'd say Foligno has been quite ineffective.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Exactly. Other players have been better. It's that simple.

Indeed. Zibanejad, Da Costa, Regin, Greening, Filatov, etc…. These guys will all be given ample opportunity this year to show that they belong. Filatov may play a little on the 4th line, but he'll get his chance.

Back-to-back games on the road, with a start in Detroit, is a very tough way to open the season. Let's forget those two, and focus on tonight. The Sens have had a couple days off to regroup, and will hopefully be able to carry some of that third period against Toronto into tonight, and pot some goals early. A quick start is key to getting their confidence up.

Anderson will be fine in goal.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So reading the reports there it seems that this team has not been working/practicing enough the last few years...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Can you tell me that Lee deserves to sit for Rundblad?

Gag

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Mind you, the whole team has sucked, so there's not much to see here...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SensGirl11 wrote:Can you tell me that Lee deserves to sit for Rundblad?

Gag

Who else do you sit to get Rundblad in? Lee has been o.k, nothing bad, nothing great, but he's the 6th D man and a RH D man at that, so that's why Rundblad comes in. Like it or not, Lee is pretty replacable in the lineup.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Mind you, the whole team has sucked, so there's not much to see here...

Let's not poop on the team just yet. We knew that this season would be filled with ups and downs, and with back-to-back away games to start…well…odds were we weren't going to win either.

As for guys sitting, we also knew that there would be a bit of a rotation with both forwards and d-men….Everybody will get a chance, and the kids will have to earn their playing time.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

La Femme wrote:So reading the reports there it seems that this team has not been working/practicing enough the last few years...

Probably not... I would blame that on Clouston though, there is only so many times you can belittle players and rip on vets before they tune you out. The habits have come full swing though and have clearly been instilled in the organization. Good on MacLean for holding players accountable, especially during practice. That's the coaches time, that's it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Mind you, the whole team has sucked, so there's not much to see here...

Let's not poop on the team just yet. We knew that this season would be filled with ups and downs, and with back-to-back away games to start…well…odds were we weren't going to win either.

As for guys sitting, we also knew that there would be a bit of a rotation with both forwards and d-men….Everybody will get a chance, and the kids will have to earn their playing time.

Exactly and that starts in practice. You don't learn the system in a game, that's where you impliment it.

Think of it like school, if you don't study and work hard to learn what is needed, you will fail the test. The game is the test. If the coach doesn't think they are ready to be put into the lineup because of work habits and practice habits, they shoudn't be playing.

Filatov is 21, he has a ton to learn.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haha I remember Clouston was praised for holding guys accountable too. Same old same old.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Haha I remember Clouston was praised for holding guys accountable too. Same old same old.

Pretty much but Clouston didn't know how to handle the vets. Everyone was on an even playing field with him and that's not the case.

Either way, it's amazing to me some people are quesitoning the coach after 2 games where he had his players playing fairly well for 75% of both games.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Gag

Lee is a victim of the numbers game. They're not going to sit EK and Gonchar right now. Not all scratches/roster decisions are "fair".

Sounds like MacLean is running a tight ship, Murray mentioned that last year's camp was pretty lax and indirectly blamed Clouston for not pushing the team hard enough in practice.

Even MacLean made a little comment that it'll take some time to get rid of bad habits (they've only been at it for 2 weeks).

I thought the "country club" atmosphere on the team from years ago was gone but perhaps not.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That's all fair, it's very frustrating though. I am one who preaches the 'it's only game 2 it will take time for things to come together' but it's hard to watch when they're getting trampled on and not able to play any defence whatsoever. It is true though that they have definitely played some good hockey in those 2 games too. The 1st period of the Detroit game was amazing, I hope we get to see much more of that this season - i'm sure we will. Our guys are young bucks and have the energy to do it. I do find it frustrating that we have so many forwards and not enough actual defencemen - having all puck movers is not going to get the job done. Plus Phillips and Gonchar look lost already.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Takes times. Players will be coming in and out of the lineup all year long, hell if Da Costa keeps playing the way he is it's going to be even more complicated when Winchester comes back. If Rundblad has a good showing what do you do with Carkner and how does Lee go back in?

Fact of the matter is, like everyone has said, it's going to take a lot of time to sort things out and for players to truly earn their spots.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who's Carkner?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Y'know who should be our 6th/7th d-man? Phillips. Problem is, we lack shut-down guys as it is (if he still qualifies). When Carkner gets back, this situation becomes more muddled...maybe we will have been able to trade Kuba or Lee or someone by then.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Gag

Who else do you sit to get Rundblad in? Lee has been o.k, nothing bad, nothing great, but he's the 6th D man and a RH D man at that, so that's why Rundblad comes in. Like it or not, Lee is pretty replacable in the lineup.

He's the only one on D registering hits. He's just 1 hit off the league leading total. Karlsson is making an art out of avoiding getting hit -- looks like a friggin' figure skater out there, at times. Kuba never was a hitter so I'm fine with that. Phillips may have lost a step. Cowen is big but looks a bit lost -- he'll start hitting when his confidence is back. So we have no-one hitting except for our 3rd pairing D-man -- no wonder we're getting scored on so much; forwards have nothing stopping them from going to the crease.

Somehow I don't think Rundblad will be a hitting machine, either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum