GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011

+23
Da lil Guy
spader
asq2
Hobiesens
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
Flo The Action
dennycrane
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Hoags
SensGirl11
shabbs
Ev
Riprock
NEELY
wprager
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Predict the outcome

Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_lcap250%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 3 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_lcap233%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_lcap217%Game Day - Minnesota @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

In 2007/2008 We had Skill but no grit

In 2009/2010 We had no skill, but lots of grit

In 2011/2012 - we have no skill, no grit and no speed.

should a team this young be this slow?

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:Da Costa is looking solid though, not afraid to shoot either.

but baby head can't do it all, can he?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That Gonchar clearing attempt on the PK was brutal... he should get an assist on that goal...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:how did foligno not get that in

It's Foligno .. it's what he does.

Same old story so far Ahhhhh!

Brutal player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Silfer Server wrote:
wprager wrote:My parents (Videotron) can rent a 500 GB PVR for $5.99/month. A regular HD box is $2.99/month.

Rogers charges $24.95/month for a 160 GB PVR; $12.95/month for a regular HD box.

Hardware is the biggest rip off. One is much better off purchasing it. I looked the other day, and found TigerDirect.ca sells the boxes for $50 less than Rogers does. You can also get the 320GB HD PVR for $499. Although if you really want more space, there are external harddrives made for PVRs, which are pretty reasonable in price.

You've got to be careful where you buy stuff. You can't have just any old PVR running on the Rogers network. I don't think I've ever seen a 320 GB model so perhaps it's for a different provider.

The problem with buying is you become sort of tied to a specific provider. And if they were $6/month you'd be a fool *not* to buy. That's about a half of the depreciation costs *and* you get it serviced/replaced for free whenever you need it. $24.95 is a different story, of course.

External drives -- even ones branded and sold by Rogers -- have had tons of issues since the recent firmware upgrade. Best thing is to upgrade the internal drive -- replace the 160 GB with a 1 TB drive, FTW!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:In 2007/2008 We had Skill but no grit

Filatov's pretty fast.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Zibanejad should get his 9 games but I'm still not sure he belongs in the NHL yet. He needs to build up more confidence in his offensive game. I think he's better served doing that against inferior competition in the SEL and the WJC.

It's like he doesn't want the puck out there.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Foligno has our fist second period goal

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Regin is having a good game

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ian Mendes

Chris Neil just gave a new meaning to Stoner takes a hit.

Laughing3

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:
wprager wrote:My parents (Videotron) can rent a 500 GB PVR for $5.99/month. A regular HD box is $2.99/month.

Rogers charges $24.95/month for a 160 GB PVR; $12.95/month for a regular HD box.

Hardware is the biggest rip off. One is much better off purchasing it. I looked the other day, and found TigerDirect.ca sells the boxes for $50 less than Rogers does. You can also get the 320GB HD PVR for $499. Although if you really want more space, there are external harddrives made for PVRs, which are pretty reasonable in price.

1. You've got to be careful where you buy stuff. You can't have just any old PVR running on the Rogers network. I don't think I've ever seen a 320 GB model so perhaps it's for a different provider.

2. The problem with buying is you become sort of tied to a specific provider. And if they were $6/month you'd be a fool *not* to buy. That's about a half of the depreciation costs *and* you get it serviced/replaced for free whenever you need it. $24.95 is a different story, of course.

3. External drives -- even ones branded and sold by Rogers -- have had tons of issues since the recent firmware upgrade. Best thing is to upgrade the internal drive -- replace the 160 GB with a 1 TB drive, FTW!

1. Looked, couldn't find the 320 again. They still have the 160GB for $499 and the 500GB for $549.

2. That is true on both counts. Although, for the $25/month one, it becomes worth it after 18 months. So if you know you'll stick with your provider for at least that long, you'll win on the deal. And if you don't, you can always sell it, and maybe win on the deal that way.

3. I did not know about any of that. That's incredible though. I knew you could upgrade PS3 hard drives, but PVRs, that's incredible. May have to do that when i get mine.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The Da Costa line is having a great game. Zibanejad showing more flashes of awesomeness. Spezza has been pretty meh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Silfer Server wrote:
1. Looked, couldn't find the 320 again. They still have the 160GB for $499 and the 500GB for $549.

2. That is true on both counts. Although, for the $25/month one, it becomes worth it after 18 months. So if you know you'll stick with your provider for at least that long, you'll win on the deal. And if you don't, you can always sell it, and maybe win on the deal that way.

3. I did not know about any of that. That's incredible though. I knew you could upgrade PS3 hard drives, but PVRs, that's incredible. May have to do that when i get mine.

This is for the 8300: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15719

This is for the 8642: http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/04/upgrade-your-rogers-8642-hd-pvr/

You need special screwdriver bits (not that hard to get) and there is a tamper-proof seal which will void the warranty if you break it (but there are ways if you're careful). I haven't done it as I'm on a rent-free-for-life deal.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Foligno has our fist second period goal

WTF is with that goal song. Is it now time on Sprokets when we dance?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:In 2007/2008 We had Skill but no grit

Filatov's pretty fast.

You know those dreams where you're running, but can't get away because it feels like you're running in quick sand - that's pretty much our skating game right now....

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

https://youtu.be/R1horffGyO0

we're only 3 games in, there's plenty of season left......

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:how did foligno not get that in

It's Foligno .. it's what he does.

Same old story so far Ahhhhh!

Brutal player.
With a goal tonight...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
With a goal tonight...

Meh he got lucky, right before the goal he tried to skate through at least 3 Wild players and lost the puck in the process.

At least he went to the net for a rebound which puts him ahead of Filatov.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum