GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Florida @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Thursday, December 22, 2011

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
spader
NEELY
Da lil Guy
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Jordo
Riprock
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: Florida @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Thursday, December 22, 2011

GAME DAY: Florida @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Thursday, December 22, 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Florida @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Thursday, December 22, 2011 AtGAME DAY: Florida @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Thursday, December 22, 2011 Large

Coverage:
TV: Sportsnet SENS
Radio: Team1200
Internet: http://livetv.ru/en

The Sens soundly beat a Buffalo team that has been riddled with injury and seems to have little will to fight through adversity. The new kid Turris looked strong at both ends of the ice making sound defensive zone plays and even contributed with an assist on the game winner. That was some great work by Turris but even more impressive by Condra to stick with the play and pot that goal.

Up next for the final home game before the Christmas break is the surprisingly strong Florida Panthers. The Panthers have been on a somewhat pedestrian 5-3-2 run in their last ten games but are still a strong team and surprisingly I'm actually gonna say this is a tough test coming up here for the Sens. A win tonight could really set a nice streak rolling into the new year with Carolina up after this on the road.

OTTAWA (16-14-4)
Goals leader: Milan Michalek (19)
Assists leader: Erik Karlsson (28)
Points leader: Jason Spezza (37)

Projected lines:

Forwards:
Greening - Spezza - Alfredsson
Condra - Turris - Foligno
Smith - Regin - Neil
Daugavins - Konopka - Butler

Defence:
Kuba - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Carkner

Goaltenders:
Anderson
Auld

Florida (18-10-6)
Goals leader: Kris Versteeg (16)
Assists leader: Brian Campbell (23)
Points leader: Kris Versteeg (35)

Projected Lines: (Courtesy of the Ottawa SUN)

FORWARDS

Tomas Fleischmann-Stephen Weiss-Kris Versteeg
Bill Thomas-Shawn Matthias-Matt Bradley
Tomas Kopecky-Tim Kennedy-Evgenii Dadonov.
Krys Barch-Mike Santorelli-Michal Repik

DEFENCE
Brian Campbell-Jason Garrison
Erik Gudbranson-Ed Jovanovski
Mike Weaver-Dmitry Kulikov

GOALIES
Jose Theodore
Scott Clemmensen

NHL Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020502&navid=sb:preview

TSN Ice Chips for Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators

TSN Ice Chips for Florida: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-panthers

Ottawa Lines
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/33/ottawa-senators

Florida Lines
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/36/florida-panthers

GO SENS GO!!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Watch out for Jason Garrison's cannon from the point. Oh, and this Versteeg character is cleaning up. Oh, and Jose Theodore is having a good year.

Facing Florida is no longer the romp in the park it once was.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Watch out for Jason Garrison's cannon from the point. Oh, and this Versteeg character is cleaning up. Oh, and Jose Theodore is having a good year.

They played OT in 4 of their last six and twice went to SO. They are traveling. They will be a bit tired. They've lost 4 of those 6 games, and neither win was in regulation. Those wins came against Calgary and Carolina -- not exactly powerhouses.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Watch out for Jason Garrison's cannon from the point. Oh, and this Versteeg character is cleaning up. Oh, and Jose Theodore is having a good year.

They played OT in 4 of their last six and twice went to SO. They are traveling. They will be a bit tired. They've lost 4 of those 6 games, and neither win was in regulation. Those wins came against Calgary and Carolina -- not exactly powerhouses.

Sure. They are also 3rd in the East and are really good this year.

Also, their last game was at home (same time zone) on Tuesday. So if you're going to pull the "they're tired" card, I guess that applied to 50% of the teams on any given night.

Also, I would argue that 5 extra minutes of OT isn't that much of a drain, considering that amounts to maybe an extra two minutes of ice time for the better players.

Anyway, GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!! TURRIS FOR THE HART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Florida has scrapped it out with a lot of one goal games. That can be argued as a good thing or a bad thing. They're also 5-3-2 in their last ten which isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 5 wins and 5 losses isn't killer. They're good this year for sure but perhaps they're falling back to earth a bit now?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

As good as Florida is now they look like a one line team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sure they are a one line team, but it's a line that's been REALLY good.

Also, Theodore has had a great year. And if we see Markstrom instead, well, he's really good too.

You can't argue with the success they've had...they are a dangerous opponent (much moreso than the banged up Sabres).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

We're getting :rp:

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:We're getting :rp:

Nah, I don't think so- I think this is going to be a fast paced, high energy game from two teams who are known for heart as opposed to talent. We could very easily be seeing the two top teams in the Eastern conference several years down the road- both have ELITE prospect pools waiting in the wings. I think this will be probably the most exciting Ottawa/Florida game we've ever seen.

Also- hey guys! Been a long time. :KKK:

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:

Nah, I don't think so

Given that you apparently haven't been around in a long time, I'll translate.

"We're getting :rp: " is reverse jinxing us to victory!!!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Welcome back dude!
Oh and that smiley Dash posted is kind of a ritual in here in GDTs. It works Laugh1

Jordo wrote:

Nah, I don't think so- I think this is going to be a fast paced, high energy game from two teams who are known for heart as opposed to talent. We could very easily be seeing the two top teams in the Eastern conference several years down the road- both have ELITE prospect pools waiting in the wings. I think this will be probably the most exciting Ottawa/Florida game we've ever seen.

Hey Jordo! I've noticed you at HB posting lately. Nice to see you back.

I agree with your take on this.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Woops!

Sorry guys. I'll take full blame

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock wrote:
Jordo wrote:

Hey Jordo! I've noticed you at HB posting lately. Nice to see you back.

I agree with your take on this.

Christmas time in the office = killing time on the internet! :KKK:

Yost is a great blogger at HB, and there's a lot less Dung there now, but I'll stick to my roots! Glad to see this site is still going strong.

Who thought the rebuild would be this quick huh? So great to see the sens playing this well and with this much heart. It's great to be able to watch every game, and know that we'll be in it, as opposed to just expecting to get pounded. Excited to see how Turris pans out- but it sucks losing Rundblad. I had actually bought a heritage Rundblad jersey, but luckily it was pro-stitched so it can be switched to Turris!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:

What up dude?

I agree, these are two future powers in the East. Possibly the number one and number two prospect pools as well. Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Howden, Gudbranson and Markstrom are a nice young nucleus for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum