GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Florida @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 27, 2011

+18
cash
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Hoags
Ev
PTFlea
Vandelay
wprager
SensGirl11
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Seriously. That was awesome. Don't know if he's been credited, but we won that game because of Matrix (again). He made some really key saves.

That first goal was a stinker though. No worries, nobody remembers Dung goals when you win.

That first goal was a rocket. The only way you stop that is if it hits you. 9/10 times it hits you, or goes wide...it just found an open space. Nothing you can do when the puck is wired so hard, it's invisible.

An NHL goalie needs to make that save, regardless of how hard it is. Nobody was in his way, he saw it all and wasn't screened.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Versteeg's "celebration" around the 3:04 mark. He did a double-fist-pump right into the glass behind the net. If I was sitting there, as a fan, I would be royally pissed off at this kind of a demonstration:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,130&fr=false

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The fact Anderson is in the top 5 in wins right now is a little surprising considering he hasn't played his very best hockey. If he ever gets on one of his streaks where he is unbeatable, Ottawa is going to be pulling out a lot more wins.

The team winning games without Anderson having to steal any games is actually pretty encouraging.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Seriously. That was awesome. Don't know if he's been credited, but we won that game because of Matrix (again). He made some really key saves.

That first goal was a stinker though. No worries, nobody remembers Dung goals when you win.

That first goal was a rocket. The only way you stop that is if it hits you. 9/10 times it hits you, or goes wide...it just found an open space. Nothing you can do when the puck is wired so hard, it's invisible.

An NHL goalie needs to make that save, regardless of how hard it is. Nobody was in his way, he saw it all and wasn't screened.

Ugh. You don't "make" that save. It either hits you or not. Watch it again, in slo-mo if possible. You can't even see the puck it gets wired so hard. It just found a hole and went in. The reason you say "an NHL goalie needs to make that save" is because 9 out of 10 times you see the puck hit the goalie or go wide. I wish they had a clock on that shot, because I bet it was well over 100mph.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Shot was a cannon. Those go in once in a while, just a simple fact. Every goalie lets those in as well, the bigger ones a little less.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Ugh. You don't "make" that save. It either hits you or not. Watch it again, in slo-mo if possible. You can't even see the puck it gets wired so hard. It just found a hole and went in. The reason you say "an NHL goalie needs to make that save" is because 9 out of 10 times you see the puck hit the goalie or go wide. I wish they had a clock on that shot, because I bet it was well over 100mph.

If his position is better, he makes the save.

It's not an issue, they won the game. But if they lost 1-0 he'd be getting a lot of flack for that, not matter how hard it was shot. Many goalies catch that puck in their glove at least.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Regardless, Anderson made a lot of big saves that "made up" for that one, if you consider it a "stinker".

Yes, the important thing is winning.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Regardless, Anderson made a lot of big saves that "made up" for that one, if you consider it a "stinker".

Yes, the important thing is winning.

Definitely.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I criticized MacLean after those two blowout losses, now he should get some praise. I like that he has a group of players that keep working and I like that he's willing to sit out popular guys like Filatov to make it work.

Fingers crossed with Da Costa, please continue to play well, it's such a big opportunity for him and for us.

It took and will still take time to refine the new playing system. For the vets to get used to the coaches. IF the Sens can improve the PK which now sits at 2nd last in the league... then watch out. They will surprise some teams.

Who would have thought that the Sens, who all the experts said would have a hard time scoring, sit 2nd best overall in the PP and have 3 players in the top 10 in the different stats categories in Spezza, Michalek & Karlsson.
That and the Bruins sit at 15th in the conference.. and Van & SJ sit 12 & 13th in the West... what a crazy start to the NHL season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Just to return to this topic of this goal (the slapper that beat Anderson), Jason Garrison (the guy who scored), ripped another huge slapper last night vs. the Jets. This guy is now leading the league in goals by a d-man, with 5 (and he has only 1 assist!). His shot is unreal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum