GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Florida @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 27, 2011

+18
cash
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Hoags
Ev
PTFlea
Vandelay
wprager
SensGirl11
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:The really shouldn't even have been this close. Karlsson had an open net and shot it high. Alfie hit a crossbar. Someone else hit a post. And Markstrom made a lot of really good saves.

That was Cowen, would've been nice to see him get his first.

What a sick game to watch. They did however play like Dung for 30-40 minutes, it seemed that neither team wanted to play for some reason...it was quite strange for a while. I think we finally turned it on after our 2nd goal.

Unbelievable that we've had 2 games that we've won in the last 5 seconds in the game in the last 5 days...weird.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:No, I have not seen that show. And yes, she is an attractive young woman.

The girls are making "I heart Selena" signs. Facepalm

Shoot me now.

You should make one too :D

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:
wprager wrote:The really shouldn't even have been this close. Karlsson had an open net and shot it high. Alfie hit a crossbar. Someone else hit a post. And Markstrom made a lot of really good saves.

What a sick game to watch. They did however play like Dung for 30-40 minutes, it seemed that neither team wanted to play for some reason...it was quite strange for a while. I think we finally turned it on after our 2nd goal.

Unbelievable that we've had 2 games that we've won in the last 5 seconds in the game in the last 5 days...weird.

I thought they completely outplayed the Panthers in the 1st period.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:
wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:No, I have not seen that show. And yes, she is an attractive young woman.

The girls are making "I heart Selena" signs. Facepalm

Shoot me now.

You should make one too :D

If I did, I'd have to take "The Pledge".

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hard to get too excited because of the way they played for some of that game...but still, pretty Cussing excited. Ahhhhh!

Why? Because a team that was being put together with 3 new coaches, a new system, and 5, 6 rookies struggled early on. They have a lot of their game cleaned up, especially the PK. They are outworking their opponents each night and if it wasn't for bad luck they probably would have an above 500 record.

That, in itself, is reason enough for me to get excited. Don't care if they make the playoffs or not if they keep on playing like that. Not something I was used to in the last few years...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I thought they completely outplayed the Panthers in the 1st period.

I guess if you want to go the route of both teams were playing like Dung but the Sens were slightly better than them...sure. Neither team played at all through the first and at least half of the second. There was absolutely nothing going on that was positive.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's normal when a goalie looks good they start to try and pick corners and start forgetting that you're better off driving the net and fighting through scrambles to get a dirty goal against a "hot goalie."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's normal when a goalie looks good they start to try and pick corners and start forgetting that you're better off driving the net and fighting through scrambles to get a dirty goal against a "hot goalie."

The goalie is also 6'6-3/4", but he got it way too high even at that.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The goalie is also 6'6-3/4", but he got it way too high even at that.

And he's still growing! Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I criticized MacLean after those two blowout losses, now he should get some praise. I like that he has a group of players that keep working and I like that he's willing to sit out popular guys like Filatov to make it work.

Fingers crossed with Da Costa, please continue to play well, it's such a big opportunity for him and for us.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It's definitely nice to see them getting the system finally. MacLean deserves some praise for sure, he stuck to it and is getting results. No changing of the game plan at all, stick with it and you can get your wins.

It's also nice to see the team finally come together, I thought they were like strangers at the beginning and it didn't look like it was going to get better this quickly.

I think everyone is starting to have faith in each other again, the trust is there now.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Was Versteeg really taunting the crowd after tying the game ?

What a douche ... glad we stuck it to them with seconds left.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Was Versteeg really taunting the crowd after tying the game ?

Was he? I think he was just excited that he tied it so late, but if he was, he can eat it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, I thought he kind of taunted the crowd as well. Versteeg is a douche bag anyways but he had a nice game. I actually can't stand him.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Was Versteeg really taunting the crowd after tying the game ?

Was he? I think he was just excited that he tied it so late, but if he was, he can eat it.

Meh, whatevs. How could he not be excited for tying it up so late?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Seriously. That was awesome. Don't know if he's been credited, but we won that game because of Matrix (again). He made some really key saves.

That first goal was a stinker though. No worries, nobody remembers Dung goals when you win.

That first goal was a rocket. The only way you stop that is if it hits you. 9/10 times it hits you, or goes wide...it just found an open space. Nothing you can do when the puck is wired so hard, it's invisible.

An NHL goalie needs to make that save, regardless of how hard it is. Nobody was in his way, he saw it all and wasn't screened.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Versteeg's "celebration" around the 3:04 mark. He did a double-fist-pump right into the glass behind the net. If I was sitting there, as a fan, I would be royally pissed off at this kind of a demonstration:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,130&fr=false

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The fact Anderson is in the top 5 in wins right now is a little surprising considering he hasn't played his very best hockey. If he ever gets on one of his streaks where he is unbeatable, Ottawa is going to be pulling out a lot more wins.

The team winning games without Anderson having to steal any games is actually pretty encouraging.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum