GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Florida @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 27, 2011

+18
cash
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Hobiesens
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
Hoags
Ev
PTFlea
Vandelay
wprager
SensGirl11
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Funny, NEELY did the same thing. And how does their overall record coincide at all with correctly predicting every win, nd every score?

So if someone predicted they would finish the season 43-30-5-4 but only successfully predicted wins for 23 games and incorrectly for 16 losses, they were incorrect saying they would still go 43 and 39 overall?

Great logic there.

Meh. You said yourself you've gone 4-4 in predictions. You might as well have flipped a coin. Especially since the losses to the Wings, Leafs (2nd game of road back-to-backs), Flyers, and Caps were all easy calls. So really, you've gone 0-4.

NEELY predicted Sens over Leafs. Evan said Sens over Wings, Leafs, Caps and Flyers. Michalica predicted Sens over Philly. Stempniaksen also said a win over the Leafs.

Point: I made my predictions, I stand by them (I predicted Florida win in the predictions, so why change it now?).

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
Ya...I hate to jinx it caus it's still so early in the season, but how long have we been waiting for a guy like this? And at that price tag? Guys with that kindu jam that can play on your first line are hard to come by. He's such a perfect fit with Spezza and Michalek. Spezza is reaping the benefits of the space Greening is making for him. The guy is a monster in the corners and in front of the net!

Yeah really. I think you have to get lucky and draft these guys, because not many teams let the prototypical power forward get to free agency.

Let's settle down a little. He's currently on the first line but he is not a first line player - at least at the moment.

At the very least, he's gonna be a 3rd line beast with PP upside. At the most, he'll be on the 1st line. What's not to like about those odds? #winning.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

What's wrong with Greening on the first line ?

It works it simply works.

We tried Filatov, a player with far more pedigree and nothing happened.

Greening is our Holmstrom, Knuble etc.

We've always had a problem with most of our players being too chicken Dung to stand in front of the net, now we got one more and he's not easy to knock off the puck nor to remove from the front of the net.

Clouston figured it out, now MacLean did too.

That line is extremely effective... keep it(for now at least).

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
Ya...I hate to jinx it caus it's still so early in the season, but how long have we been waiting for a guy like this? And at that price tag? Guys with that kindu jam that can play on your first line are hard to come by. He's such a perfect fit with Spezza and Michalek. Spezza is reaping the benefits of the space Greening is making for him. The guy is a monster in the corners and in front of the net!

Yeah really. I think you have to get lucky and draft these guys, because not many teams let the prototypical power forward get to free agency.

Let's settle down a little. He's currently on the first line but he is not a first line player - at least at the moment.

That's why I said "I hate to jinx it"...he looks good now but a lot can change in a short time. Having said that (with a Larry David tone), he's got all the tools for success. How many guys at that size have wheels like that? The other thing is, as long as Michalek can stay healthy, Greening doesn't have to be a skill guy on that top line...that's not what he's there for.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm mainly talking about how in a couple of years, when we have prospects come along and such, that Greening probably isn't a 1st liner. He's an ideal 3rd most likely. At the end of the day, the skilled players will rue the day on the top line.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:What's wrong with Greening on the first line ?

We've always had a problem with most of our players being too chicken Dung to stand in front of the net, now we got one more and he's not easy to knock off the puck nor to remove from the front of the net.

He's only getting more comfortable there and realizing that he's a big body that is stronger than most forwards out there. Try to move him - the kid is making room for Spezza and Michalek (mind you Michalek is also making room) to have 2 guys out there that can do that and create more opportunities to score is great. To also have the 2 out there crashing the net constantly is awesome and something we haven't had for a long long time. Not sure how this can fail at any point really, unless one of them gets hurt of course. Time will tell if it continues this way, but I can't see how it won't. I'd like to know who else we can put there that will do the same and that has the strength and skating he does. We started winning with them together.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Watch how he and Michalek drive into the zone. The 2 D-men Dung themselves and follow them to the corner or the net depending on where they go. Spezza has time and space galore - not to mention he's being defended by a forward as opposed to a D-man.

It'll work as long as they stay healthy, there's no jinxing, this has been Colin Greening's game from day 1 - speed, size and forecheck.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Fear Markstrom.

Agreed. He's really, really good.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Watch how he and Michalek drive into the zone. The 2 D-men Dung themselves and follow them to the corner or the net depending on where they go. Spezza has time and space galore - not to mention he's being defended by a forward as opposed to a D-man.

It'll work as long as they stay healthy, there's no jinxing, this has been Colin Greening's game from day 1 - speed, size and forecheck.

I'm vigorously knocking on wood....it doesn't take much for a young guy like Greening to lose that confidence. One awkward fall leading to injury could completely change how he plays the game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Watch how he and Michalek drive into the zone. The 2 D-men Dung themselves and follow them to the corner or the net depending on where they go. Spezza has time and space galore - not to mention he's being defended by a forward as opposed to a D-man.

I'm vigorously knocking on wood....it doesn't take much for a young guy like Greening to lose that confidence. One awkward fall leading to injury could completely change how he plays the game.

Maybe. Nothing in the world should damage his confidence though. An injury? Yeah maybe that would slow him down when he came back for a while, but he has all the tools to be in the league for a while and apparently the best work ethic we have on the team. So that would suggest he's figuring it all out.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

Maybe. Nothing in the world should damage his confidence though. An injury? Yeah maybe that would slow him down when he came back for a while, but he has all the tools to be in the league for a while and apparently the best work ethic we have on the team. So that would suggest he's figuring it all out.

I have to agree that Greening is showing some fantastic early signs. I couldn't be happier with the way that he's playing the game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Fear Markstrom.

Agreed. He's really, really good.

A two-hander across the back of the legs will fix that. :skater:

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Too bad Ballard doesn't play for Florida anymore.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Too bad Ballard doesn't play for Florida anymore.

Game Day - Florida @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 27, 2011 - Page 3 164414

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:What's wrong with Greening on the first line ?

Filatov played two games, most of his icetime in the second game was not with Spezza. I don't think that amounts to "we tried Filatov".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyhow, kind of pointless, anyway. I don't think Filatov works with Spezza for a couple of reasons:
1. They are both puck-handlers
2. Neither one will make room for the other

The sum total of 1 and 2 is they are bot complementary players.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Anyhow, kind of pointless, anyway. I don't think Filatov works with Spezza for a couple of reasons:
1. They are both puck-handlers
2. Neither one will make room for the other

The sum total of 1 and 2 is they are bot complementary players.

That's what I was alluding to, we didn't play Filatov and Spezza much but you could see they didn't complement at all.

Hopefully they form more chemistry, might be our best 1st line since the Pizza Line.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Markstrom...interesting, I doubt the Sens have a huge book on him. Super talented goalie, we'll have to drive the net. Hopefully the Spezza line has some bees in their bonnets tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum