GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 World Championship Discussion

+11
sandysensfan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensGirl11
tim1_2
SensHulk
wprager
spader
Ev
PTFlea
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

762011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 12:15 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Canada up 1-0 after 1 on a goal by Spezza.

2011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Spezza_54113

Game is on TSN.

Is that from today's game? I see he's not wearing the 'A' but I heard on the radio that he was wearing it last game. What's Hitch doing? If that's from today, that means he wears the 'A', wins the player of the game, and then gets stripped of the 'A'. Vertigo

772011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They have 4 assistants or something

782011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 2:57 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Da Costa vs the US now. 1-1 1st INT

792011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 3:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:They have 4 assistants or something

Ah, got it:
http://www2.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=23359
Rick Nash was named captain of Team Canada on Sunday. Jason Spezza, Dion Phaneuf, Travis Zajac and Andrew Ladd are the alternate captains and will rotate on a game-by-game basis.

802011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Huet dit "non", non? Sarcasm

3-1 USA. A few prospects playing for USA (Andy Miele, Craig Smith)

812011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 4:57 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Game is on TSN.

Is that from today's game? I see he's not wearing the 'A' but I heard on the radio that he was wearing it last game. What's Hitch doing? If that's from today, that means he wears the 'A', wins the player of the game, and then gets stripped of the 'A'. Vertigo

I believe they have 4 assistant captains.. and they rotate two each game..

822011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Game is on TSN.

I believe they have 4 assistant captains.. and they rotate two each game..

See above.

832011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 6:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A personal peeve of mine -- you can have an assistant coach, but captains are alternate. Just like Assistant to the Regional Manager is not the same as Assistant Regional Manager Smile

842011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sat May 07, 2011 7:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Final score was 3-2 Canada.

852011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 4:15 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Apparently Milan Michalek was hurt at the world championship in today's game..
Great... this offseason he went in healthy... pray it's not his knees.

862011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Can't say that this is a reason why you don't want your players playing in extracurricular games. This is as much to do with Milan's proneness/susceptibility to injury. Injuries like he has sustained/suffered do not heal and are going to be recurring.

Not that I think that's what you are saying anyways Smile

It's just something that we the fans and the team are going to have to expect.

872011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade him, for god sakes!

882011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:18 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Can't say that this is a reason why you don't want your players playing in extracurricular games. This is as much to do with Milan's proneness/susceptibility to injury. Injuries like he has sustained/suffered do not heal and are going to be recurring.

Not that I think that's what you are saying anyways Smile

It's just something that we the fans and the team are going to have to expect.

All TSN stated was he took a hard hit.

892011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Get this -- he got injured on an open-ice hit from Artyukhin. This is the same guy who boarded Vermette, and when Vermette didn't appreciate his efforts he got into a fight with him, grabbed his helmet off his head and hit him with it. I can't believe they only have him 2 games for that.

902011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty blatant hit on a player nowhere near the puck. He had 2-3 other hits (good hits) on the same shift.

912011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:25 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Get this -- he got injured on an open-ice hit from Artyukhin. This is the same guy who boarded Vermette, and when Vermette didn't appreciate his efforts he got into a fight with him, grabbed his helmet off his head and hit him with it. I can't believe they only have him 2 games for that.

I remember that fight...

922011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Small correction, he had at least one other, good, hit on the shift. Not sure if it was him who also hit Havlat -- it looked briefly like 43 (Artyukhin was 49). Anyhow, this guy was certainly all over the place, doing his job, but the shoulder to Michalek's head when he must have been 15 feet from the puck being passed to another player will certainly start with interference. If they say it was a headshot (which it was, I think) then he's going to get more.

932011 World Championship Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 11:27 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Touted as one of the best players on his team, Stephane DaCosta tallied one stinking point in the entire tourney (0G 1A). I know they can't score more goals but he should have been able to at least get 2-3 more points like several of his teammates did.

Now that his tourney is finished, I wonder if the sens assign him to Bingo as an extra forward? No sense in taking a roster spot away from someone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum