GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 World Championship Discussion

+11
sandysensfan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensGirl11
tim1_2
SensHulk
wprager
spader
Ev
PTFlea
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

162011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently he just wanted more money and the KHL offered him better conditions (Russian, more money, etc).

Pretty much as simple as that apparently.

Amazing he scored 61 goals in 62 games with Quebec. Had 152 points that season

172011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 01, 2011 2:34 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Spezza with at least 2 points apparently - including a goal.

Didn't it end up being the winning goal?

182011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 01, 2011 2:46 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I believe so. I am under impression he will have to honour his ELC contract with Nashville if he ever wants to play in the NHL again. OF course, Nashville could trade his rights.

It's pretty stupid because he would have finished his ELC in 2009-2010, and would be making more now.

He's making $8M (over 3 years) in the KHL. That's more than he would have made over here, plus it's tax-free and he probably gets a lot of other perks on top (free apartment, driver/bodyguard). If he ever makes it back to the NHL he may still be Nashville's property, but I don't think he'd be bound by the rules of an ELC contract (at least not all of them).

192011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 01, 2011 3:15 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:I believe so. I am under impression he will have to honour his ELC contract with Nashville if he ever wants to play in the NHL again. OF course, Nashville could trade his rights.

It's pretty stupid because he would have finished his ELC in 2009-2010, and would be making more now.

He's making $8M (over 3 years) in the KHL. That's more than he would have made over here, plus it's tax-free and he probably gets a lot of other perks on top (free apartment, driver/bodyguard). If he ever makes it back to the NHL he may still be Nashville's property, but I don't think he'd be bound by the rules of an ELC contract (at least not all of them).
At the pace he's scoring in the KHL, .92, 1.16, 1.48 PPG the last 3 years, he'd be making much more on his next contract.

202011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

When I said more now, I meant more than he was making on that contract (ELC). All he had to do was play through it and re-sign for more.

And as far as tax free $$$ goes in Russia, there are enough stories to suggest that it's only great when you actually get paid.

212011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 01, 2011 4:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:When I said more now, I meant more than he was making on that contract (ELC). All he had to do was play through it and re-sign for more.

And as far as tax free $$$ goes in Russia, there are enough stories to suggest that it's only great when you actually get paid.

They keep going, so they get paid -- at least the high profile ones. And his next KHL kontrakt is bound to be a lot higher than his KHL-ELC as well.

222011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Germany 4, Slovakia 3
USA 4, Norway 2
Switzerland 4, Belarus 1

232011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 02, 2011 12:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Does that mean that we are only as good as Team Gerber?

242011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 02, 2011 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

At the pace he's scoring in the KHL, .92, 1.16, 1.48 PPG the last 3 years, he'd be making much more on his next contract.

Maybe it's just me, but who the heck would sign this guy to a contract? He's bailed on Nashville twice IIRC and really doesn't exemplify the heart or desire to score/win when he does play in the NHL (from my own observations). What he's got to learn (or not) is that skill alone won't drive you to super-stardom in the NHL - or any league really.

252011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 02, 2011 3:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sather signed Avery.

262011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but who the heck would sign this guy to a contract? He's bailed on Nashville twice IIRC and really doesn't exemplify the heart or desire to score/win when he does play in the NHL (from my own observations). What he's got to learn (or not) is that skill alone won't drive you to super-stardom in the NHL - or any league really.

The guy was very good in the NHL, he only played 2 seasons at a very young age. I really doubt you saw him a lot.

272011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 02, 2011 3:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:The guy was very good in the NHL, he only played 2 seasons at a very young age. I really doubt you saw him a lot.

We all know he's skilled as they come, but there will always be huge question marks about his desire and commitment.

282011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

1-0 Switzerland.

292011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Tue May 03, 2011 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the Diddle? 1-0 Swiss? Wake up guys!

302011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Tue May 03, 2011 11:21 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Eberle ties it up.

312011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Tue May 03, 2011 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tavares scores a fluke.

322011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Tue May 03, 2011 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Embarrassing. The Swiss tie it up and we're headed to OT. Facepalm

332011 World Championship Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Canada wins on a goal by Pietrangelo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum