GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Hockey Championship 2016

+3
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 9:32 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stone and Ceci are looking really good playing with legit talent. Of course, their competition has been pretty weak so far.

2World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 9:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Stone and Ceci are looking really good playing with legit talent.  Of course, their competition has been pretty weak so far.

They opened against Team USA.  That's not supposed to be weak (but, of course, if Chris Wideman is their Player of the Game you know something's not right).

I only saw a little bit of it but Stone was up to his old tricks stealing pucks and setting up his linemates.  It's a bit of a travesty that he's on the fourth line and Gallagher is on the third line.  I'm hoping that will change before this tournament is through, but that line has to produce more than just chances.

EDIT: I missed their game against Hungary. Stone had a goal and an assist in that one. His ice time was a little higher than Gallagher's already (by about 30 seconds) even though Gallagher had 20 shifts versus 17 for Stone. Maybe things are already shifting.

3World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 9:58 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched some of the game against the States, and the Americans were horrible.

4World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 10:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ceci with a SH assist today.

5World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 11:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Watch Stone's goal from the game today. Beauty steal, beauty pass, beauty finish. The guy is great.

6World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 11:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Ceci with a SH assist today.

He has both -- a SH and a PP assist.

7World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Watch Stone's goal from the game today. Beauty steal, beauty pass, beauty finish.  The guy is great.

What a player. Cornerstone player imo

8World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 12:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Watch Stone's goal from the game today. Beauty steal, beauty pass, beauty finish.  The guy is great.

What a player.  Cornerstone player imo

World Hockey Championship 2016 852933671

9World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

10World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 12:20 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Clapping to embedding and the goal itself.

11World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 12:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But it still doesn't work. I only did that as a short cut to providing the link to the GIF. Nice goal.

12World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 1:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:But it still doesn't work.  I only did that as a short cut to providing the link to the GIF.  Nice goal.

True.  I didn't know we had a player called:
one

13World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 3:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, the Sens have Matrix and we all know he is the One.

14World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Mon May 09, 2016 3:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So Barkov to Komarov for Finland's GWG against Team USA. Is that weird or what?

15World Hockey Championship 2016 Empty Re: World Hockey Championship 2016 Thu May 19, 2016 6:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Stone with 4 goals and 10 points through 8 games.  Tied for 6th in the tournament and tied for the team lead with Brassard.  How is he not a lock for the World Cup team?

I think he deserves World Cup consideration but certainly not because of this tournament. This tournament is irrelevant, theyre playing against bad competition throughout.

It's irrelevant to the extent that he's a Top 4 Canadian RW in the NHL no matter what. It might be a little relevant to the extent that he's shown he can thrive with limited minutes if they have him slotted as a 4th liner in a World Cup context.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum