GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 World Championship Discussion

+11
sandysensfan
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensGirl11
tim1_2
SensHulk
wprager
spader
Ev
PTFlea
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

912011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:25 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Get this -- he got injured on an open-ice hit from Artyukhin. This is the same guy who boarded Vermette, and when Vermette didn't appreciate his efforts he got into a fight with him, grabbed his helmet off his head and hit him with it. I can't believe they only have him 2 games for that.

I remember that fight...

922011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Sun May 08, 2011 7:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Small correction, he had at least one other, good, hit on the shift. Not sure if it was him who also hit Havlat -- it looked briefly like 43 (Artyukhin was 49). Anyhow, this guy was certainly all over the place, doing his job, but the shoulder to Michalek's head when he must have been 15 feet from the puck being passed to another player will certainly start with interference. If they say it was a headshot (which it was, I think) then he's going to get more.

932011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 11:27 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Touted as one of the best players on his team, Stephane DaCosta tallied one stinking point in the entire tourney (0G 1A). I know they can't score more goals but he should have been able to at least get 2-3 more points like several of his teammates did.

Now that his tourney is finished, I wonder if the sens assign him to Bingo as an extra forward? No sense in taking a roster spot away from someone.

942011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

With 6 mins left in the 1st, Canada leads Sweden 2-1.

952011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Touted as one of the best players on his team, Stephane DaCosta tallied one stinking point in the entire tourney (0G 1A). I know they can't score more goals but he should have been able to at least get 2-3 more points like several of his teammates did.

Now that his tourney is finished, I wonder if the sens assign him to Bingo as an extra forward? No sense in taking a roster spot away from someone.

He was injured for a couple of games and France sucks.

962011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 3:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Touted as one of the best players on his team, Stephane DaCosta tallied one stinking point in the entire tourney (0G 1A). I know they can't score more goals but he should have been able to at least get 2-3 more points like several of his teammates did.

"DaCosta" is french for "bust."

972011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Source?

982011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Source?

Le Petit Robert

992011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Tie game as the 3rd period commences. 2-2.

1002011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 4:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brent Burns puts Canada ahead 3-2.

1012011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 4:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was a PP marker, around 10 minutes to go.

1022011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 4:33 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I liked Silfverberg's game. Only caught the 3rd period, but he played well in it. Hopefully he makes the trip over next year.

1032011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 4:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:I liked Silfverberg's game. Only caught the 3rd period, but he played well in it. Hopefully he makes the trip over next year.

Yeah, I read people saying that his line was the only good like for Sweden. That makes me quite pleased!

1042011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:I liked Silfverberg's game. Only caught the 3rd period, but he played well in it. Hopefully he makes the trip over next year.

Maybe with Petersson signing he may have a change of heart.
Sens have lots of Swedes in Alfie, Karlsson, Rundblad in Ottawa... Lehner maybe Petersson and Silfverberg in Bingo for a short stint. And of course, hopefully, Landeskog.

1052011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Apparently he was injured during the tournament.

1062011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 5:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Winning goal goes to Nash -- apparently he tipped Burns' shot.

1072011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Mon May 09, 2011 5:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:

Maybe with Petersson signing he may have a change of heart.
Sens have lots of Swedes in Alfie, Karlsson, Rundblad in Ottawa... Lehner maybe Petersson and Silfverberg in Bingo for a short stint. And of course, hopefully, Landeskog.

I;m not sure we ever signed Petersson to be honest. I remember the whole ordeal of him maybe signing, but as far as I know, it was never confirmed.

EDIT: Diddle yeah, it is confirmed! My bad. 3 years starting next year.

1082011 World Championship Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2011 World Championship Discussion Thu May 12, 2011 3:46 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

1 - 0 for Canada... goal by Jason Spezza.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum