GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your most-hated commercial (television or radio)?

+18
SensGirl11
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
SensHulk
dennycrane
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hoags
The Silfer Server
strachattack
TheAvatar
spader
Jordo
shabbs
Ev
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:any Home Hardware commercial where they take advantage of the ret...., uhm, mentally challenged person.....

Tony?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about the alarm force commercials? "...and the police may Pri OORRR itize...

Actually, investors in that company feel the same way but the President is too much of an egomaniac to recuse himself from advertising.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They should make an ad for Bert's where Eugene throws Marshy under a bus, or where Eugene is operating a demolition truck to tear down Marshy's.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:They should make an ad for Bert's where Eugene throws Marshy under a bus, or where Eugene is operating a demolition truck to tear down Marshy's.

Since when is advertising truthful?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I drive about 260km/day and one thing that really, really annoys me are (hab fans) - I'm disgressing ... one (other) thing that really, really annoys me are radio commercials that have car horns; I'm always going ... WTF ?

Laughing3

You must have 990 for part of your drive... but, yeah, horns and faint siren sounds effects.

IN order:

CFRA : Get the start-of-day Ottawa news.
Team1200 : In time for McGuire
98.5 : To figure out the traffic into Montreal; should I go through Mirabel or down the west island ?!?
I also like the Mario Dumont section on 98.5 (the broad drives me insane though).
990 / 730 AM : Especially if the habs lost; like to hear the whining in both official languages. 730 used to have Pat Burns for a 1/2 hour section in the morning. He was very good. Now, they have Bob Hartley; I listen in maybe once a month.

Then, I switch to CBC Radio ...

Sometimes I listen to books instead of the radio; too much going on for that now though; election, wars and so on ...

Funny thing is that I get to work from home about 2 a month and when I don't have the ridiculous drive, I kindda miss the radio ... Smile Just a bit though !

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Irish Spring Ads are always fun Wink

Once -- just once -- I'd like the guy that carves off a piece of the soap to cut himself:

"...it's these white and green .... and red? stripes...."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The f-ing princess in the Rogers commercial with her "Toe Thumbs" thing needs to be put down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So glad you bumped this one. I have a winner. Marnie Bennett of Bennett Pros, a Millionnaire Real-Estate investor. Worse than having your wisdom teeth pulled out on Monday afternoon, the playing pickup hockey Monday night, followed by Brass Band practice Tuesday night.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa Job Shop commercials

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:So glad you bumped this one. I have a winner. Marnie Bennett of Bennett Pros, a Millionnaire Real-Estate investor. Worse than having your wisdom teeth pulled out on Monday afternoon, the playing pickup hockey Monday night, followed by Brass Band practice Tuesday night.

That too, she can suck it.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:They should make an ad for Bert's where Eugene throws Marshy under a bus, or where Eugene is operating a demolition truck to tear down Marshy's.

Since when is advertising truthful?

The $5 footlong ads are truthful. Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They didn't look under the bed?!?!?!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Ottawa Job Shop commercials

OMG, especially the one where it's a signing contest? Her (non-singing) voice is *soooo* obnoxious in that one.

Good one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:They didn't look under the bed?!?!?!

Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One of the problems with a thread like this is that there is just so much *bad* stuff out there, and new "candidates" appear every week, it seems.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Not TV or radio but there's an ad on HF for some gum or something that explodes over the screen and makes an awful and prolonged noise and then even when you "close" it when you try to select one of the subfora it just takes you to the gum's facebook page.

Gah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Not TV or radio but there's an ad on HF for some gum or something that explodes over the screen and makes an awful and prolonged noise and then even when you "close" it when you try to select one of the subfora it just takes you to the gum's facebook page.

Gah.

That is the worst of them all I think. Cussing drives me nuts, whenever I go there it makes the worst noise at work. Dammit!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The ring master Whopper commercial with the ditz who thinks BK gave her that shiny diamond ring. PullHair

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum