GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your most-hated commercial (television or radio)?

+18
SensGirl11
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
SensHulk
dennycrane
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hoags
The Silfer Server
strachattack
TheAvatar
spader
Jordo
shabbs
Ev
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Looks like we won't have to hear this guy anymore:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/alarmforce-s-ousted-ceo-sues-company-for-11-3m-1.1868026?cmp=rss

Joel Matlin, who was at the home security company's helm since its inception in 1988 and often the voice and face of AlarmForce in ad campaigns, claims he was dismissed without cause or notice, which goes against the terms of his contract.

He's also asking for punitive and aggravated damages because of the way the firing was handled.

"The bad faith manner of termination above has caused Joel to suffer additional mental distress, damage to his reputation, and aggravated damages beyond his contractual damages for wrongful dismissal," the statement of claim says.
The new commercials are the exact same script as the one he used with a different voice. What a bunch of amateurs.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My most hated commercials are the ones you see on billboards, print, tv, radio, sponsorships, on clothing and vehicles. Otherwise I'm pretty good with them :D

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think The Clutcher would agree, when it comes to most-loved commercials, "Where's the Beef?" is the gold standard.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm a big fan of that commercial with the kid who is dressed as a pirate, and then he sees the old man with the eye patch in the grocery store.

Most hated......pretty much any Subway commercial.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I'm a big fan of that commercial with the kid who is dressed as a pirate, and then he sees the old man with the eye patch in the grocery store.

Most hated......pretty much any Subway commercial.
Even the latest "$5 footlongs are back" one?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

$5 footlongs never left, did they?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:$5 footlongs never left, did they?
According to SSF they were never here.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always used to get the pizza sub, which was $5, and now I've gone full-woman and always get a veggie sub. The "meat" at Subway has finally disgusted me enough that I just don't want it anymore.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I always used to get the pizza sub, which was $5, and now I've gone full-woman and always get a veggie sub.  The "meat" at Subway has finally disgusted me enough that I just don't want it anymore.
I know lots of women who love meat.

That didn't sound right. Facepalm 

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:$5 footlongs never left, did they?
They sure did. Now they're back and better than ever!!! pretty much the same.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think The Clutcher would agree, when it comes to most-loved commercials, "Where's the Beef?" is the gold standard.

well played. Plus vote brah.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum