GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips re-signs

+19
stempniaksen
Hoags
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
Flo The Action
spader
asq2
tim1_2
SDH89
NEELY
Ev
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

31Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I think we're stuck with Kuba until summer. I just don't see anyone headed for the playoffs needing what he brings, and that salary (plus next year's) is too much for depth. Campoli is another matter -- a guy capable of playing 2nd pairing minutes for a stretch if needed, and a more than decent price, and no commitment for the following year. Unfortunately we wouldn't get much because he's unsigned beyond that.

Let's just hope that Kuba plays out of this season-long funk in the remaining games so someone takes a chance on him this summer.

32Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:38 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I think we're stuck with Kuba until summer. I just don't see anyone headed for the playoffs needing what he brings, and that salary (plus next year's) is too much for depth. Campoli is another matter -- a guy capable of playing 2nd pairing minutes for a stretch if needed, and a more than decent price, and no commitment for the following year. Unfortunately we wouldn't get much because he's unsigned beyond that.

Let's just hope that Kuba plays out of this season-long funk in the remaining games so someone takes a chance on him this summer.

San Jose needs another D man for sure, Vancouver could use one along with Washington. I don't know if Kuba can or will be traded, but if the option is there then I assume Murray would take it. Kuba has been great as of late as well, he has looked as if he is his old self, the guy that has played 10 years of very good NHL hockey as a top 4 guy.

Campoli might be the guy that get dealt but we'll see. He's turning into a very good D man and I am not all that sure Murray wants to part with a guy that seems to have the ability to play in all situations at a more than reasonable cost.

You are probablr right when you say that Kuba is more than likely to be dealt come the summer but stranger things have happened on deadline day.

33Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:51 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Not a big fan of this signing to be honest. Phillips has been BAAAAD all year and I don't expect him to improve. I hope he proves me wrong.

34Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Campoli might be the guy that get dealt but we'll see. He's turning into a very good D man and I am not all that sure Murray wants to part with a guy that seems to have the ability to play in all situations at a more than reasonable cost.

You are probablr right when you say that Kuba is more than likely to be dealt come the summer but stranger things have happened on deadline day.

For those reasons, Campoli is as good as gone for a 7th round pick or less.

35Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Campoli might be the guy that get dealt but we'll see. He's turning into a very good D man and I am not all that sure Murray wants to part with a guy that seems to have the ability to play in all situations at a more than reasonable cost.

please; conditional 7th round pick Sarcasm

36Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

please; conditional 7th round pick Sarcasm

That'll take some negotiating. Maybe make it a 7th in 2012 to expedite the deal?

37Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:13 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Not a big fan of this signing to be honest. Phillips has been BAAAAD all year and I don't expect him to improve. I hope he proves me wrong.

It actually hasn't been "all year". The last month while playing with Lee he has looked very good. He had an awful start to the year no doubt, from about early Dec to the all star break he was very average, and since the break, he has been good and looking like he has found a new partner he can play with in Lee.

Love the signing because he is still a good NHL D man and a true leader on and off the ice.

38Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:17 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

For people who don't think this is a great signing, can you please provide me with a list of D men making less than what Phillips would be that you would rather have. Entry Level Contracts do not count either.

39Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:18 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:For people who don't think this is a great signing, can you please provide me with a list of D men making less than what Phillips would be that you would rather have. Entry Level Contracts do not count either.

Let's say I think it's a very nice signing, can I just say so and skip the whole list thing? FingersCrossed

40Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:For people who don't think this is a great signing, can you please provide me with a list of D men making less than what Phillips would be that you would rather have. Entry Level Contracts do not count either.

Off the top of my head: Keith Yandle, but he is due a raise...some other guys that I like over Phillips make $3.5

41Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:24 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Let's say I think it's a very nice signing, can I just say so and skip the whole list thing? FingersCrossed

Ok.

Fedor Tyutin - $2,843,750
Jan Hejda - $2,000,000
Adam Foote - $1,250,000

The problem is.... for the season he had, the money does not reflect that appropriately. For equal money or more, there are other guys I would rather have, just like I can find people making less I would rather have.

42Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:26 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Christian Ehrhoff makes just $25K more than Phillips @ $3,100,000

43Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:26 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I'd hate to have kept Phillips at the cost of unloading Neil. Neil is the better leader.

44Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:27 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

phillips talking to tsn shortly

45Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 am

Dammit. Time to move on this signing will look real good if Murray can move kuba or gongshow. If he moves either he should be extended

46Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:Dammit. Time to move on this signing will look real good if Murray can move kuba or gongshow. If he moves either he should be extended

Didn't yuo say he should be extended for 5 years? Laugh1

47Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:32 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

phillips says he thinks the rebuild wont be that long and thinks he will have another contract after this one wants murray to sign anderson as well

48Phillips re-signs - Page 3 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phillips on young Craig Anderson: "Sign that guy."

more to come

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum