GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips re-signs

+19
stempniaksen
Hoags
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
Flo The Action
spader
asq2
tim1_2
SDH89
NEELY
Ev
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

16Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Overpaid but I like it I guess...

Overpaid? I dunno about that, Phillips on the open market could have gotten 3.5+ easily IMO.

Just a liiiiitle overpaid but not a big deal. I think the deal is a sweet one.

Next up, trading Alfie

17Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:30 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Overpaid but I like it I guess...

Overpaid? I dunno about that, Phillips on the open market could have gotten 3.5+ easily IMO.

Just a liiiiitle overpaid but not a big deal. I think the deal is a sweet one.

Next up, trading Alfie

Sure, I'd go for that if the deal wasn't a slap in the face in terms of what we got back.

18Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Solid deal. Nothing wrong with this. Both sides gave in a little, Phillips took A LOT less when looking at the bigger picture and Ottawa gave him 3 years of security.

People shouldn't look at this at Phillips taking 300-400 K less, they should look at it as taking 10 million dollars to stay in Ottawa, that's what he gave up in gauranteed money. I'll never question his loyalty ever because Lord knows I wouldn't turn down that cash to stay in a city.

19Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:43 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The NMC is also something that Phillips deserves, you give up money for loyalty and The Sens gave it back. I am very happy with this deal.

I would lay some cash Campoli and maybe Kuba are dealt tomorrow. I think Lee is going to be the guy they bring along with him for the next little bit, he's looked great playing next to Phillips.

20Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:Nice. NOw back to the OScars

Diddle the Oscars.

Oscars are great and life is more than hockey lol.

21Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:The NMC is also something that Phillips deserves, you give up money for loyalty and The Sens gave it back. I am very happy with this deal.

I would lay some cash Campoli and maybe Kuba are dealt tomorrow. I think Lee is going to be the guy they bring along with him for the next little bit, he's looked great playing next to Phillips.

I hope they can unload Kuba tomorrow, but I doubt it. Would be nice.

22Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:The NMC is also something that Phillips deserves, you give up money for loyalty and The Sens gave it back. I am very happy with this deal.

Thank god it's a limited NMC in the third year, though.

23Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:00 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:Nice. NOw back to the OScars

Diddle the Oscars.

Oscars are great and life is more than hockey lol.

It's worse than the NHL Award show!

24Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

Thank god it's a limited NMC in the third year, though.

Yeah, that's a nice thing for the Sens for sure - not that I think we'll move him, but the chance is there for sure.

25Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:07 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I'll take it. I prefer this over trading him for a second or third round pick.

26Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phillips played great against the Flyers. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

We can all sleep soundly tonight knowing that he got a NMC as well.

Edit: Just a note, this contract is NOT up on capgeek yet, so those boys do, in fact, take time off. Wussies.

27Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haha, maybe Murray will pull a Muckler and trade Phillips a la Hossa Sarcasm He'd have to waive obviously...

28Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:32 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Good. You don't have to trade everyone to rebuild. We're keeping a life-long Sen in the fold and definitely a guy who can have a positive effect on Cowen's development.

Hopefully his game rebounds next year, though. You have to wonder if the uncertainty about his future was affecting him, though obviously that wouldn't really explain the beginning of the season.

29Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Spader likey. ThumbsUp

30Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:27 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

why not. i'd rather keep phillips then trade him for a 2nd rounder . he's worth more to this team then that. if it would of been a first+ that's another story.
now to get rid of Kuba for a 7th rounder or a conditional. Campoli could fetch a 3rd possibly. i'd rather toss Kuba to the wolfs and keep Campoli in case one of our young D takes time next year to find his feet in the NHL. worst case scenario we trade him next year?

31Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think we're stuck with Kuba until summer. I just don't see anyone headed for the playoffs needing what he brings, and that salary (plus next year's) is too much for depth. Campoli is another matter -- a guy capable of playing 2nd pairing minutes for a stretch if needed, and a more than decent price, and no commitment for the following year. Unfortunately we wouldn't get much because he's unsigned beyond that.

Let's just hope that Kuba plays out of this season-long funk in the remaining games so someone takes a chance on him this summer.

32Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:38 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I think we're stuck with Kuba until summer. I just don't see anyone headed for the playoffs needing what he brings, and that salary (plus next year's) is too much for depth. Campoli is another matter -- a guy capable of playing 2nd pairing minutes for a stretch if needed, and a more than decent price, and no commitment for the following year. Unfortunately we wouldn't get much because he's unsigned beyond that.

Let's just hope that Kuba plays out of this season-long funk in the remaining games so someone takes a chance on him this summer.

San Jose needs another D man for sure, Vancouver could use one along with Washington. I don't know if Kuba can or will be traded, but if the option is there then I assume Murray would take it. Kuba has been great as of late as well, he has looked as if he is his old self, the guy that has played 10 years of very good NHL hockey as a top 4 guy.

Campoli might be the guy that get dealt but we'll see. He's turning into a very good D man and I am not all that sure Murray wants to part with a guy that seems to have the ability to play in all situations at a more than reasonable cost.

You are probablr right when you say that Kuba is more than likely to be dealt come the summer but stranger things have happened on deadline day.

33Phillips re-signs - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:51 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Not a big fan of this signing to be honest. Phillips has been BAAAAD all year and I don't expect him to improve. I hope he proves me wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum