GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips re-signs

+19
stempniaksen
Hoags
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
Flo The Action
spader
asq2
tim1_2
SDH89
NEELY
Ev
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Ugh, if he becomes captain...

I'll be right yet again. Laugh1

Seriously, tho', there's no question in my mind that Spezza is being groomed to be captain. It makes too much sense from a PR & advertising angle.

When I said that Phillips would be the next captain after Alfie, as I've clarified about 45 times now, what I meant is that he's the closest thing OTT has right now to an old school captain -- the kind of guy who plays 100% every night, wears his heart on his sleeve, etc. The captain in the Adam Foote mold. But that breed of captain, for better or worse, is dying out. Dressing rooms and coaches don't makes these decisions anymore; PR people do.

The only thing left to be determined is if Spezza is made a captain by PR people, or if he actually becomes a captain. Big difference there. And time will tell.

Except that it ignores the words of Alfie and Donovan so far.

152Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:53 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I actually agree with rooney, which is amazing considering we're talking about Spezza.

I don't think there's any reason to question whether he's a vocal leader - all the evidence suggests he is - but he's definitely not Alfie in terms of on-ice-example-style leadership.

153Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:20 pm

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

I always enjoyed watching Phillips loudly congratulate (fist pumps, helmet taps, high fives, etc.) all the guys coming off the ice after a win. (Does he do it for a loss too? I can't recall) He's always the last one off the ice. That certainly appears to be a fairly vocal style of leadership. That must carry over into the dressing room.

154Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Except that it ignores the words of Alfie and Donovan so far.

Their words have been ignored for weeks. I'll be saying so for months half a year from now.

155Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:09 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's up with the Brokeback Mountain avatar?

156Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Except that it ignores the words of Alfie and Donovan so far.

Their words have been ignored for weeks. I'll be saying so for months half a year from now.

Laughing3

Best. Post. Ever. I laughed quite hardily at that one.

157Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BUMP.

158Phillips re-signs - Page 11 Empty Re: Phillips re-signs Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:What's up with the Brokeback Mountain avatar?

Some posts seem timeless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum