GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - WED. Feb. 9, 2011

+15
spader
Riprock
CockRoche
wprager
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Make it stop. Peter Schaefer Surre

Not gonna happen. The streak will stop obviously and they will win a 3 in a row at some point; but it is what it is.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Come on Fisher. Can you not hammer Stajan in that instance?

I thought the same thing! Had him completely lined up for a clean check and he let him off the hook. Real tired of Fisher's act, he's a broken record.

I tend to keep my opinions on Fisher pretty quiet, but that was embarrassing.

I'm on board with SSF now Nod

Oh great. Haha.

Back from the game. I'm a lot more upset with the loss than I thought I'd be, but I guess that's because I haven't seen the Sens live in probably 6 years. My thoughts from the game:

The Bad

Fisher - Invisible. Didn't do anything noteworthy, and didn't take the body. This guy isn't worth his contract, and needs to be moved.

Kuba - Soft play and bad decision making is a very bad combo. Seriously, this guy isn't even close to NHL calibre right now. If he was on a two way deal, he'd already be in Bingo based on what I saw tonight. I'd volunteer to take a kick in the chest from a horse if someone else would pick his contract up for next year. I bet I am not alone.

Phillips - Enough with the bush league pee-wee give aways, thanks. Thanks for the 10+ years of good service. I'll take the asset at the deadline though.

Lehner - A microcosm of the Sens season. Looked really good early on, then got rattled and let in two bad goals. The Jokinen goal was especially bad as he totally bit on the pass and dove out of the net, quite literally. Flashes of brilliance though. He was the best Senator early on by far.

Butler - Love this kid's hustle but his willingness to get to the net cost the team a PP goal. Next time, don't skate backwards into the goalie at full speed. Absolutely loved his hustle though.

Ruutu - After being a healthy scratch, comes back with two (unnecessary) penalties, the second of which (holding the stick while skating by the ref is going to get called every time) really cost the team in the form of a PP goal.

The Good

Kelly - Absolutely must be retained. His hockey IQ is only surpassed by Karlsson, Alfie and Spezza. All out hustle on every play, every shift, and still shows a pulse, despite this team being obviously dead in the water. This is the guy who should be the team's next captain, no questions asked.

Neil - See the Kelly hustle comment. One of the few guys who will hold other teams accountable for cheap shots on our guys.

Smith - See the Neil comment.

Michalek - Loved what I saw from him. He's a tank on skates. Some really nice speed bursts from him tonight, and very strong on the puck a few times I noticed. Now if we could get him scoring.

Shannon - Based on tonight's game, he's got to be kept. Far and away the best Senator on the ice tonight, except for perhaps Kelly. Dirt cheap, does whatever it takes, and didn't look out of place with Spezza and Michalek.

All in all, probably not much difference this game than most others this season. A 2nd half/3rd period swoon kills the team. Some really unlucky bounces too, like the Glencross breakaway goal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think Kelly will be a captain simply because he is only a third liner...I'd prefer my Captain to be out there in every key situation and to play around 20 minutes a night. I don't recall many third liners being captains in recent memory.

He can have an A though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

By the way, nice comment on Kuba. I'm adding that to my sig too hahahaha.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Don't worry hemlock. At least you weren't there in person to see the sens embarrass themselves on home ice on December 2nd Facepalm

First game in my life where I thought of leaving early....

Big Ev wrote:I don't think Kelly will be a captain simply because he is only a third liner...I'd prefer my Captain to be out there in every key situation and to play around 20 minutes a night. I don't recall many third liners being captains in recent memory.

He can have an A though.

Chris Clark.

I think you're probably right about him not being the captain, but I certainly think he can play in all situations, even the PP, where it seems (at least tonight), the plan wasn't so much to score, or even get shots on net, but to pass the puck around.

Still, I believe that Kelly would make an excellent captain. There's only one other guy who leads by example like Kelly does, and that's Alfie.

Big Ev wrote:By the way, nice comment on Kuba. I'm adding that to my sig too hahahaha.

I'm honoured not once, but twice? Snoopydance

I just can't take another year of Kuba. For real.

Michallica wrote:Don't worry hemlock. At least you weren't there in person to see the sens embarrass themselves on home ice on December 2nd Facepalm

First game in my life where I thought of leaving early....

Home ice would suck yeah. I don't remember that game specifically you mentioned but I suspect it was that 7-1 blowout or whatever it was.

The flip side too, is that being at the Saddledome, I had to endure the endless Dung-ery of Flames fans go on and on about how dominant their team is. Umm, this Sens team is a bottom feeder. The Flames weren't all that good tonight (and to me look like a prime target for a quick playoff exit), it was more a case of the Sens being that much worse.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All I saw was a few minutes of the third when Calgary scored to go up 4-2. They controlled the puck for long stretches in Ottawa's zone. We had forwards that weren't really covering the points, and weren't really covering anything else...it was quite strange to watch actually, even for this team. You would've thought Calgary had a PP.

Anyway, the dream for that 1st pick is becoming more and more like reality with each passing game, although I am slightly concerned as to how an absolutely terrible season like this will affect some of our players going forward.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's 11 losses in a row for the Sens, and 1 win in our last 18 games. Wow.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:That's 11 losses in a row for the Sens, and 1 win in our last 18 games. Wow.

It's looking pretty clear that no moves are being made because they don't want to mess with the "chemistry" and risk winning.

tim1_2 wrote:All I saw was a few minutes of the third when Calgary scored to go up 4-2. They controlled the puck for long stretches in Ottawa's zone. We had forwards that weren't really covering the points, and weren't really covering anything else...it was quite strange to watch actually, even for this team. You would've thought Calgary had a PP.

Anyway, the dream for that 1st pick is becoming more and more like reality with each passing game, although I am slightly concerned as to how an absolutely terrible season like this will affect some of our players going forward.

Several of them (hopefully) won't be here by then :x

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

How good would Curtis Glenccross look in Ottawa? GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - WED. Feb. 9, 2011 - Page 7 159628 Powerforward!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Make it stop. Peter Schaefer Surre

Not gonna happen. The streak will stop obviously and they will win a 3 in a row at some point; but it is what it is.

I didn't mean I wanted to start winning - that's actually a fear of mine right now obviously, I mean make this Cussing nightmare of a season stop. Please...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:does fisher speak the same way with BM? I'm waiting for your transcript on when murray approached the fish for a trade Laugh1

BM to Fisher: Mike, we aren't trying to trade you, but we would like to know how you might feel about being moved in the event that we receive offers that could help the organization. For instance, if you were open to a deal, are there any destinations you would prefer? We want to extend you this courtesy since we all recognize what an important...

Fisher to BM: Thufferin' Thucotash, just STFU right now, old man. The Fish decides when, where and how The Fish gets traded. I'm a diddling institution in this town, I fill this goddamn rink all by myself and you want to trade me?

BM to Fisher: We don't want to trade you at all. I was just as...

Fisher to BM: I wuth jutht... just shut up and drink your prune juith.

BM to Fisher: Yes, sir Sad

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Top 4 pick is assured at this point. Some victories are necessary for confidence of the young players going forward.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

You want to get rid of Fisher? Easy - sign Al Iafrate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum