GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - WED. Feb. 9, 2011

+15
spader
Riprock
CockRoche
wprager
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:O'Brien was recalled as well.

Sitting, according to SensChirp. Call him up to sit. Good thinking.

Talk about dense! GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - WED. Feb. 9, 2011 - Page 5 489887

Good thinking on their part, the BSens are trying to make the playoffs, the Sens are out of the race...let's call in a benchwarmer!

Here's what happened:

CC to Fisher: Mike, I notice that you're in pretty rough shape and we need you down the stretch. Go ahead and take a break, we called up young O'Brien...

Fisher to CC: First of all, you don't speak to The Fish unless The Fish says you can speak to The Fish. Second, WTF is an O'Brien? I'm playing and that's that you little ginger Wing Dang Doodle.

CC to Fisher: Yeah, but I just...

Fisher to CC: Did The Fish say you could speak to The Fish? That's right. Just tell that O'Bannon punk he's benched because he sucks.

CC to Fisher: Yes, sir. Sad

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

If Lehner does indeed start, I will provide a scouting report as soon as I can get one up.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:If Lehner does indeed start, I will provide a scouting report as soon as I can get one up.

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - WED. Feb. 9, 2011 - Page 5 557710

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:
CockRoche wrote:If Lehner does indeed start, I will provide a scouting report as soon as I can get one up.

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - WED. Feb. 9, 2011 - Page 5 557710

Haha, thanks.

I'm selfish. I just love watching Lehner, so it is a treat for me as well.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's looked pretty good so far. That PK was huge.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

2-1 Sens on goals from Kelly and Campoli.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

HUGE save by Lehner.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:O'Brien was recalled as well.

Sitting, according to SensChirp. Call him up to sit. Good thinking.

Talk about dense! GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames - 9:30pm ET - WED. Feb. 9, 2011 - Page 5 489887

Good thinking on their part, the BSens are trying to make the playoffs, the Sens are out of the race...let's call in a benchwarmer!

Here's what happened:

CC to Fisher: Mike, I notice that you're in pretty rough shape and we need you down the stretch. Go ahead and take a break, we called up young O'Brien...

Fisher to CC: First of all, you don't speak to The Fish unless The Fish says you can speak to The Fish. Second, WTF is an O'Brien? I'm playing and that's that you little ginger Wing Dang Doodle.

CC to Fisher: Yeah, but I just...

Fisher to CC: Did The Fish say you could speak to The Fish? That's right. Just tell that O'Bannon punk he's benched because he sucks.

CC to Fisher: Yes, sir. Sad

does fisher speak the same way with BM? I'm waiting for your transcript on when murray approached the fish for a trade Laugh1

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone have a link?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Bramlet07 wrote:Anyone have a link?

http://flames-live.blogspot.com/

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Campoli's goal now credited to Shannon. I don't think he touched it, but there it is.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Butler had a great chance, but got hauled down in front of the net. To the PP!

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Lehner’s 1st period scouting report:
Lehner’s first save - 2:36 into the game - was not good sign. A save nonetheless, but it was a terrible shooting angle on a 22 foot shot by Jackman – who Lehner should have known would shoot. Lehner went paddle-down which I absolutely hate. It is a desperation technique and there was no reason for Lehner to be worried on that shot. Be in position, have your angle and trust your base.

From there, the next shots came in a flurry while shorthanded. With all that traffic in front, Lehner was square, as high in his crease as he could be and active with his feet. It was as strong a sequence as I have seen this season from any goalie. That two-pad stack that he made was remarkable. To be able to get his left and do that from his starting position – butterfly - with his legs and core, was astounding. Lehner now looked focused and seemed to be locating the puck with ease. That series of saves meant that he was confident and carrying that assuredness throughout the game would be something I would be watching going forward.

The goal Lehner allowed was tough one. He over-committed a little bit, but you can see him quickly adjust and try to get back into the middle of the net and square. The shot came before Lehner could completely return to position and therefore he had to reach with his blocker. When this happened, the pushing foot came off the ice and he couldn’t complete his return to the proper angle. The original shot was remarkably stopped – thanks to his ability to see the puck so well thus far in the game. The rebound – off a body – was not stoppable because of the original over-commit and pushing foot slip.

From there on out, Lehner was back to anticipating well, tracking pucks, being in position and mentally sharp in all its aspects. He made so many key saves.

A great period overall from Lehner; he was the first star without question.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Campoli's goal now credited to Shannon. I don't think he touched it, but there it is.

HA! They gave the goal back to Campo. I win.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I missed the penalty on Kovalev. What happened?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:Lehner’s 1st period scouting report:
Lehner’s first save - 2:36 into the game - was not good sign. A save nonetheless, but it was a terrible shooting angle on a 22 foot shot by Jackman – who Lehner should have known would shoot. Lehner went paddle-down which I absolutely hate. It is a desperation technique and there was no reason for Lehner to be worried on that shot. Be in position, have your angle and trust your base.

From there, the next shots came in a flurry while shorthanded. With all that traffic in front, Lehner was square, as high in his crease as he could be and active with his feet. It was as strong a sequence as I have seen this season from any goalie. That two-pad stack that he made was remarkable. To be able to get his left and do that from his starting position – butterfly - with his legs and core, was astounding. Lehner now looked focused and seemed to be locating the puck with ease. That series of saves meant that he was confident and carrying that assuredness throughout the game would be something I would be watching going forward.

The goal Lehner allowed was tough one. He over-committed a little bit, but you can see him quickly adjust and try to get back into the middle of the net and square. The shot came before Lehner could completely return to position and therefore he had to reach with his blocker. When this happened, the pushing foot came off the ice and he couldn’t complete his return to the proper angle. The original shot was remarkably stopped – thanks to his ability to see the puck so well thus far in the game. The rebound – off a body – was not stoppable because of the original over-commit and pushing foot slip.

From there on out, Lehner was back to anticipating well, tracking pucks, being in position and mentally sharp in all its aspects. He made so many key saves.

Thanks a lot for that! It was really cool to read.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:I missed the penalty on Kovalev. What happened?

Apparently at the end of the first, as he skated off the ice he had a few things to say to the refs that they didn't like.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:Lehner’s 1st period scouting report:

Great summary. Thanks.

Bass Destruction wrote:
spader wrote:I missed the penalty on Kovalev. What happened?

Apparently at the end of the first, as he skated off the ice he had a few things to say to the refs that they didn't like.

Thanks. I heard Potvin talking about it, but started paying attention too late. Potvin is a donkey. I try to tune him out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum