GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Jan. 25, 2011

+19
SDH89
Ev
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Riprock
asq2
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
spader
wprager
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
LethalLehner
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:Nice list Jordo, but you forgot to add Neil to your list of untouchables on the current roster.

Zack Smith should be on your prospect list as well IMO.

I don't think he forgot Neil personally. As for Zack Smith he's looked like a solid 3rd/4th liner and I'd keep him as well.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Nice list Jordo, but you forgot to add Neil to your list of untouchables on the current roster.

I don't think he forgot Neil personally. As for Zack Smith he's looked like a solid 3rd/4th liner and I'd keep him as well.

Neil means a lot to the team in more ways than one IMO. He would be on my list and that is all I meant by it.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Jordo wrote:Roster:
Alfie
Karlsson
Spezza
Kelly
Foligno
Winchester
Butler

In spite of this being a relatively lengthy list, I would even add a few guys. Namely Neil, Carkner, Smith and Campoli, who has shown a real desire to compete for most of the year. I think Michalek is a glaring omission, personally, but folks have certainly mentioned him in their trade wishes, in many cases for nothing more than a pick and "cap space" value.

Copy-catter.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Jordo wrote:Roster:
Alfie
Karlsson
Spezza
Kelly
Foligno
Winchester
Butler

In spite of this being a relatively lengthy list, I would even add a few guys. Namely Neil, Carkner, Smith and Campoli, who has shown a real desire to compete for most of the year. I think Michalek is a glaring omission, personally, but folks have certainly mentioned him in their trade wishes, in many cases for nothing more than a pick and "cap space" value.

I've changed my stance on that, I was getting really frustrated with his play earlier in the season, and quite frankly I was too impatient. I like what I've seen lately, just hope he starts to bury more of his chances, he gets quite a few a game.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

What don't you like about what Neil brings tho'?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I never said I disliked Neil just that Jordo probably didn't forget him. He seems to do fine in the role he's in although over paid for it IMO. I just don't see him as untouchable. It loses it's luster when 80% plus of the team is put on the untouchable list as far as I'm concerned.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I never said I disliked Neil just that Jordo probably didn't forget him. He seems to do fine in the role he's in although over paid for it IMO. I just don't see him as untouchable. It loses it's luster when 80% plus of the team is put on the untouchable list as far as I'm concerned.

Fair enough.

I was adding my personal touch to Jordo's list by adding Neil and Smith and I just figured you were doing the same; but wanted Neil left off.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would actually leave Neil off the untouchable list because that list, to me, is guys that, no matter what you were offered, you'd say cram it with walnuts ugly.

My list of truely untouchables?
Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would actually leave Neil off the untouchable list because that list, to me, is guys that, no matter what you were offered, you'd say cram it with walnuts ugly.

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen
Spezza has to be an untouchable... I can't see any trade that would get us equal or greater value back. We would be in dire straights without a top line center-man.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would actually leave Neil off the untouchable list because that list, to me, is guys that, no matter what you were offered, you'd say cram it with walnuts ugly.

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

Haha.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen
Spezza has to be an untouchable... I can't see any trade that would get us equal or greater value back. We would be in dire straights without a top line center-man.

So no matter what a team offered you it would be no thanks I'm keeping Spezza?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

Well, what I'm saying is I don't think there is a "real world" trade out there where we could move Spezza and get back equal value. Do you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree, trading Spezza is a disastrous move. I think we can all agree that we have limited offence with him, without him? We're a joke without him unfortunately.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

Come on? You can look at an untouchable list like that. If you do - than even though it is your opinion - your list is a complete mess.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

Well, what I'm saying is I don't think there is a "real world" trade out there where we could move Spezza and get back equal value. Do you?

That I agree with Shabbs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

But Cowen is not Swedish, is he?

Cowensson. I like it!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I agree, trading Spezza is a disastrous move. I think we can all agree that we have limited offence with him, without him? We're a joke without him unfortunately.

Agreed. Also love your display pic Laugh1 Is that your cat?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

So if you were offered Sidney Crosby straight up for Jared Cowen you wouldn't do it? I think you need to slightly change your definition of untouchable because right now it leaves a lot open to interpretation.

And yes, I think Spezza needs to be on that list from an on-ice perspective, that is at least until one of Couturier/RNH is a Sens prospect, then maybe the organization looks to go in a different direction.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum