GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 5:00pm ET - SUN. Mar. 13, 2011

+11
Hoags
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
SDH89
Riprock
LethalLehner
SensHulk
NEELY
shabbs
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 5:00pm ET - SUN. Mar. 13, 2011

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 5:00pm ET - SUN. Mar. 13, 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 5:00pm ET - SUN. Mar. 13, 2011 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 5:00pm ET - SUN. Mar. 13, 2011 Large

"The kids are alright …”

The Ottawa Senators (25-34-9, 59 pts) visit the Buffalo Sabres (33-27-8, 74 pts) this afternoon. The Senators are a perfect 3-0 on this road trip, including a rare 2-0 showing in the Sunshine State. This little streak has gotten the (negative) attention of Tank Nation as the Senators are now 4 points up on the last-place Oilers and, more importantly, only 1 point behind the falling Avalanche (yeah, I went there).

All this with Michalek and Regin out for the season, Alfie sitting out with a back injury, and Fisher and Kovalev traded away – leaving us with Spezza and Foligno from the pre-season top-7. I’d say the kids are alright. Dammit!

The Sabres open a 4-game home-stand as they try to create a little breathing room in the tight Easter standings. Buffalo holds the 8th and final spot, with a 2-point lead over Carolina. They are also just 2 points behind the Rangers, with two games in hand. Just 8 points separate the 7th through 12th place teams, and with the Rangers having played more games than all the teams chasing them, you can virtually guarantee that there will be changes. The Sabres are hoping that the first of those changes will happen just before 8PM tonight.

Game Coverage:

TV: SNET-E (HD),MSG-B (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: http://twitter.com/#!/search/senators%20sabres
    Also check ATDHEnet.tv and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
The Avalanche are really, really bad. They'll have a tough time catching the Hall-less Oilers, but they have a really good chance.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Buffalo

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Daniel Alfredsson (back) out indefinitely
    Peter Regin (shoulder surgery) remainder of season
    Matt Carkner (arthroscopic knee surgery) out indefinitely
    Milan Michalek (broken foot) out indefinitely (season)
    Pascal Leclaire (broken) – they don’t even list him anymore

Buffalo Sabres Key Injuries:

Derek Roy (quadriceps surgery) remainder of season
    Patrick Kaleta (bone bruise) at least one week
    Patrick Lalime (knee) out indefinitely
    Stafford and Gaustad also missed last night’s game against the Leafs

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Agent Smith wrote:
Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? ... You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:The Sabres are on a three-game winning streak of their own
Ummm... they lost last night... and are 1-2 in their last three...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

I mis-read the ESPN preview which said "The Sabres look to extend their winning streak in this series to four". I somehow missed "in this series".

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I mis-read the ESPN preview which said "The Sabres look to extend their winning streak in this series to four". I somehow missed "in this series".
Ahhhh...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Miller or Enroth will go for the Sabres... Lalime is injured.

Back to Anderson for the Sens or another one for Mac 'n Cheese?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson for sure, that's his net now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Anderson for sure, that's his net now.

I was working under that assumption when I quoted Agent Smith Smile

P.S. What??! No comments from anyone on that awesomely appropriate quote?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tweeted up. Go now and do likewise (I mean, re-tweet):
http://twitter.com/#!/GMHockey/status/46950129009307648

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:
Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? ... You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?

Matrix

'My name.......is NEO'

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:

Matrix

'My name.......is NEO'

Thank you!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson with the start (of course) and no other lineup changes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Screw top-three. The time to lose was three games ago. I *want* the feel-good story of the Devils squeaking in (nothing like the top-seed shaking in their skates in the first round). Tonight I want a win to push Buffalo closer to 9th.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Screw top-three. The time to lose was three games ago. I *want* the feel-good story of the Devils squeaking in (nothing like the top-seed shaking in their skates in the first round). Tonight I want a win to push Buffalo closer to 9th.

But that inadvertently pushes toronto closer to the 8th spot as well...tough call. Toronto and Atlanta are tied for now and I kind of do want to see Atlanta make it.

Call me selfish, but I want to see New Jersey's playoff streak end. Makes me feel better that our playoff streak ended a while back and that an end is nigh for all except the detroit red wings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:Screw top-three. The time to lose was three games ago. I *want* the feel-good story of the Devils squeaking in (nothing like the top-seed shaking in their skates in the first round). Tonight I want a win to push Buffalo closer to 9th.

But that inadvertently pushes toronto closer to the 8th spot as well...tough call. Toronto and Atlanta are tied for now and I kind of do want to see Atlanta make it.

Call me selfish, but I want to see New Jersey's playoff streak end. Makes me feel better that our playoff streak ended a while back and that an end is nigh for all except the detroit red wings.

Toronto has a track record of falling short. Let them go ahead and keep pushing. They play three games in 4 nights this week, starting with the Lightning. They'll be luck to get 3 points. Then they play the Bruins twice, Wings, Sabres, Caps, Devils and Sens (yeah, I put them there because they've been playing better recently). Not a kind schedule. That game against the Devils April 6 may be a very, very important game. For the Devils Smile

Not that the Devils have an easy schedule, either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum