GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Jan. 25, 2011

+19
SDH89
Ev
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Riprock
asq2
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
spader
wprager
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
LethalLehner
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would actually leave Neil off the untouchable list because that list, to me, is guys that, no matter what you were offered, you'd say cram it with walnuts ugly.

My list of truely untouchables?
Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

But Cowen is not Swedish, is he?

Cowensson. I like it!

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I agree, trading Spezza is a disastrous move. I think we can all agree that we have limited offence with him, without him? We're a joke without him unfortunately.

Agreed. Also love your display pic Laugh1 Is that your cat?

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would actually leave Neil off the untouchable list because that list, to me, is guys that, no matter what you were offered, you'd say cram it with walnuts ugly.

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen
Spezza has to be an untouchable... I can't see any trade that would get us equal or greater value back. We would be in dire straights without a top line center-man.

So no matter what a team offered you it would be no thanks I'm keeping Spezza?

So if you were offered Sidney Crosby straight up for Jared Cowen you wouldn't do it? I think you need to slightly change your definition of untouchable because right now it leaves a lot open to interpretation.

And yes, I think Spezza needs to be on that list from an on-ice perspective, that is at least until one of Couturier/RNH is a Sens prospect, then maybe the organization looks to go in a different direction.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen
Spezza has to be an untouchable... I can't see any trade that would get us equal or greater value back. We would be in dire straights without a top line center-man.

So if you were offered Sidney Crosby straight up for Jared Cowen you wouldn't do it? I think you need to slightly change your definition of untouchable because right now it leaves a lot open to interpretation.
And yes, I think Spezza needs to be on that list from an on-ice perspective, that is at least until one of Couturier/RNH is a Sens prospect, then maybe the organization looks to go in a different direction.

Haha. That is what I said.

I am a pretty black or white kinda guy, but that is a very different way of looking at an "untouchable" list.

IMO, if that were the case, the only people that could truly make and untouchable list for their team, would be fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The only name on their list of course, Sidney Crosby.

CockRoche wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

I am a pretty black or white kinda guy, but that is a very different way of looking at an "untouchable" list.

IMO, if that were the case, the only people that could truly make and untouchable list for their team, would be fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The only name on their list of course, Sidney Crosby.

What about AO in Washington? Purely from a marketing standpoint he's a keeper isn't he?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

What about AO in Washington? Purely from a marketing standpoint he's a keeper isn't he?

I would trade Ovechkin, if I got Crosby in return.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

If Spezza leaves who is the #1 centre? As can be seen from the last 13 games no one on the team right now can fill that spot. Sens would not get a #1 centre in a trade. There is no way Brad Richards is coming to Ottawa. Any prospect or draft pick you get will be 3 - 4 years away from even being a capable highend centre.. if Sens even have that talent in the system.

So if you are prepared for the Sens to go about 4 yrs without a #1 centre then trade him.

CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

Fair enough, but by the same token, if you were the Pens GM and Washington offered AO and Backstrom, you wouldn't do that? The point is, does the buck stop at Crosby no matter the offer?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:If Spezza leaves who is the #1 centre? As can be seen from the last 13 games no one on the team right now can fill that spot. Sens would not get a #1 centre in a trade. There is no way Brad Richards is coming to Ottawa. Any prospect or draft pick you get will be 3 - 4 years away from even being a capable highend centre.. if Sens even have that talent in the system.

So if you are prepared for the Sens to go about 4 yrs without a #1 centre then trade him.

From what I understand, the guy we're drafting is supposed to make Spezza expendable immediately. Exciting times.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm OK with Spezza centering the 1B line.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Alfredsson
Karlsson
Rundblad
Cowen

Fair enough, but by the same token, if you were the Pens GM and Washington offered AO and Backstrom, you wouldn't do that? The point is, does the buck stop at Crosby no matter the offer?

I see what you are saying; I was only thinking one-for-one trades for some reason.

You are right. Using Capn'Clutch's way of making an "untouchable list", IMO there are no untouchable players in the NHL - or any sport where trades are allowed for that matter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Untouchable only means the price is higher than you're willing to pay.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oy, this is getting silly and bordering on HBuzz trade madness.

Wink

I view the term "untouchable" as someone we'd like to keep as part of the rebuild and/or someone we don't expect to be able to move and improve our team at the same time.

If a GM is stupid enough to offer up an OV/Crosby/Stamkos/Richards for Cowen, of course Murray will make the move... but that's operating in the dream-world and pretty pointless.

I'm sure Murray has his list of assets he'd like to keep and assets he'd like to move. Hopefully he can make the most of the situation and position the Sens for an effective rebuild.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Attendance last night: 18,990 (102.6% full) ... or so ESPN says...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Attendance last night: 18,990 (102.6% full) ... or so ESPN says...

Obviously they didn't get the memo that SBP is no longer at capacity at 18,500 and a sellout is now considered 19,100 with a packed house being 20,500 if all the standing room is filled as well.

BTW I predicted another sell out and I was off by a mere 110.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Obviously they didn't get the memo that SBP is no longer at capacity at 18,500 and a sellout is now considered 19,153 with a packed house being 20,500 if all the standing room is filled as well.

BTW I predicted another sell out and I was off by a mere 163.

Fixed it for you Smile

Last edited by wprager on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Obviously they didn't get the memo that SBP is no longer at capacity at 18,500 and a sellout is now considered 19,153 with a packed house being 20,500 if all the standing room is filled as well.

BTW I predicted another sell out and I was off by a mere 163.

Fixed it for you Smile

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades?

Thanks for fixing it for me. Wink

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Oy, this is getting silly and bordering on HBuzz trade madness.

Wink

I view the term "untouchable" as someone we'd like to keep as part of the rebuild and/or someone we don't expect to be able to move and improve our team at the same time.

If a GM is stupid enough to offer up an OV/Crosby/Stamkos/Richards for Cowen, of course Murray will make the move... but that's operating in the dream-world and pretty pointless.

I'm sure Murray has his list of assets he'd like to keep and assets he'd like to move. Hopefully he can make the most of the situation and position the Sens for an effective rebuild.

it is.....

More to Come....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum