GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Jan. 25, 2011

+19
SDH89
Ev
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Riprock
asq2
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
spader
wprager
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
LethalLehner
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hands of stone on pace for a career high 18 goals this season with a real shot at cracking 20. He's definitely a guy the Sens need to hang onto even if there's a complete tear down and re-build.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Karlsson deserves an assist on the OT winner.

Just watched the replay. You can't get an assist if you don't touch the puck but OMG, where was he going? Just casually drifting away from the crease -- not really skating to the corner to help Phillips (as if), not glancing back to see who's minding the store (umm *him* supposedly).

I'm talking about when Karlssson, unpressured, had an easy opportunity to clear the puck and instead made a perfect tape to tape pass to the Buffalo player waiting near the blue line. It was less than a minute later that the goal was scored I'm pretty sure.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah and that is the problem. He's playing so well that his value is going to be at an all time high, but he's still a great guy to have around. If Fisher and Phillips are moved I seriously nominate this guy for the 3rd "A".

Maybe you hold onto him until his contract year and see what happens. Would not object to a renting out of him, cause I would want him back. And if he goes and gets a cup and brings that experience back here all the better.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good point Dash. It's probably a good time to move him then because I don't want another Senator cashing in and potentially getting way over paid for his production.

Edit: Actually he has another year on his contract so I say move him next deadline.

Dash wrote:Yeah and that is the problem. He's playing so well that his value is going to be at an all time high, but he's still a great guy to have around. If Fisher and Phillips are moved I seriously nominate this guy for the 3rd "A".

Maybe you hold onto him until his contract year and see what happens. Would not object to a renting out of him, cause I would want him back. And if he goes and gets a cup and brings that experience back here all the better.

Kelly is probably worth way more to this team than could be gotten for him in a trade. He's one of about 6 guys I wouldn't move.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Dash wrote:Yeah and that is the problem. He's playing so well that his value is going to be at an all time high, but he's still a great guy to have around. If Fisher and Phillips are moved I seriously nominate this guy for the 3rd "A".

Kelly is probably worth way more to this team than could be gotten for him in a trade. He's one of about 6 guys I wouldn't move.

Out of curiosity, who are your others?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alfie, Spezza, Karlsson, Phillips. Plus Kelly makes it "about 6". There are, of course, prospects I wouldn't move (Cowen, Lehner). Regin and Foligno can be had for the right price. He may also have meant Neil, but I'm not his biggest fan, anymore.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll tell you another team that's going nowhere - the Buffalo Sabres. Terrible, if not for Miller they'd be competing with us for the basement.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll tell you another team that's going nowhere - the Buffalo Sabres. Terrible, if not for Miller they'd be competing with us for the basement.

I see your Buffalo and raise you the Islanders.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hands of stone on pace for a career high 18 goals this season with a real shot at cracking 20. He's definitely a guy the Sens need to hang onto even if there's a complete tear down and re-build.

Very much in line with my statement that he would do fine on the 2nd line next season. I've been saying so for weeks.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Agreed but don't re-sign him when his contract is up. Sell this guy when his stock is high from playing top line minutes getting 2nd/3rd line point production.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'll tell you another team that's going nowhere - the Buffalo Sabres. Terrible, if not for Miller they'd be competing with us for the basement.

I see your Buffalo and raise you the Islanders.

The Islanders have a lot of talent in their system; especially at forward IMO.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think my untouchables list is a little more lengthy than everyone elses- we have a lot of hardworking players on this club that like it here and I think should stay.

Roster:
Alfie
Karlsson
Spezza
Kelly
Foligno
Winchester
Butler

Prospects:
Lehner
Cowen
Rundblad
Greening

Outside of this list, everyone else can go. I wouldn't mind keeping Michalek- as he is still pretty young and has shown great footspeed and attack on an otherwise depleted offense. I'd love to try him with some other players and find some chemistry there. His cap hit isn't horrible for his potential, but a lot would depend on what he could fetch.

I think simply getting rid of Gonchar, Kovalev, and Kuba would be a bigger step than you think for this team. They just seem like lazy players with no heart.

In the case of Leclaire, he must just cause sheer frustration to everyone involved with the team.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Nice list Jordo, but you forgot to add Neil to your list of untouchables on the current roster.

Zack Smith should be on your prospect list as well IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:Roster:
Alfie
Karlsson
Spezza
Kelly
Foligno
Winchester
Butler

In spite of this being a relatively lengthy list, I would even add a few guys. Namely Neil, Carkner, Smith and Campoli, who has shown a real desire to compete for most of the year. I think Michalek is a glaring omission, personally, but folks have certainly mentioned him in their trade wishes, in many cases for nothing more than a pick and "cap space" value.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:Nice list Jordo, but you forgot to add Neil to your list of untouchables on the current roster.

I don't think he forgot Neil personally. As for Zack Smith he's looked like a solid 3rd/4th liner and I'd keep him as well.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Nice list Jordo, but you forgot to add Neil to your list of untouchables on the current roster.

I don't think he forgot Neil personally. As for Zack Smith he's looked like a solid 3rd/4th liner and I'd keep him as well.

Neil means a lot to the team in more ways than one IMO. He would be on my list and that is all I meant by it.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Jordo wrote:Roster:
Alfie
Karlsson
Spezza
Kelly
Foligno
Winchester
Butler

In spite of this being a relatively lengthy list, I would even add a few guys. Namely Neil, Carkner, Smith and Campoli, who has shown a real desire to compete for most of the year. I think Michalek is a glaring omission, personally, but folks have certainly mentioned him in their trade wishes, in many cases for nothing more than a pick and "cap space" value.

Copy-catter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum