GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN: Caps set to make A-Train massive offer

+10
caissie_1
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
Phoenix30
shabbs
sens4win
cain69
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't get me wrong, I love A-Train, he'll be a warrior wherever he goes. Its just time for a puck mover to take his spot. Or at least someone who can move the puck.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Not a lot of love for the guy who will the Norris this year.

Volchenkov makes any team better. He's just not worth $5 million to Ottawa, but he very well may be to another team like Washington.

and who's that?

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I think Green will win it over Keith and Doughty. I'd vote for Keith myself.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:I think Green will win it over Keith and Doughty. I'd vote for Keith myself.

If he does then I'm gonna stop watching the NHL. It's gotta be Doughty or Keith, they had more hype this year. I think if Green was ever gonna win it, it was last year. He didn't have as many goals this year.

Big Ev wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I think Green will win it over Keith and Doughty. I'd vote for Keith myself.

If he does then I'm gonna stop watching the NHL. It's gotta be Doughty or Keith, they had more hype this year. I think if Green was ever gonna win it, it was last year. He didn't have as many goals this year.

The man had a PPG. Hard to deny him the Norris based on that.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

There's 7 pts difference between the two, and Keith plays on the 1st PP and 1st PK unit, so overall more minutes...
If the offensive stats are more important than mins played, they should create an award for best O-Dman and another one for overall D-man.

marakh wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

There's 7 pts difference between the two, and Keith plays on the 1st PP and 1st PK unit, so overall more minutes...
If the offensive stats are more important than mins played, they should create an award for best O-Dman and another one for overall D-man.

I believe Green played less games too, so his points are slightly more impressive. Both Keith and Green are deserving though.

An offensive and defensive award has been around as an idea for awhile now. A guy like Volchenkov deserves that kind of recognition. Hell, they could name the damn award after him!

sens4win wrote:we are loosing a great players with nothing in return, how much will they really give us, and how do they have the cap space for all of this?? semin has to be leaving

No more Theodore

stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I wonder how he'll do if Washington gets him and he's paired with Green...

And the answer is...fail miserably.

I read a post a while back which really got me thinking.

Think of all of Phillips' defence partners in Ottawa. Rather think of all of the defencemen that flourished under the Sens' system and try to name five that have been successful since. With the exception of Chara I can't name anybody, whether it be: Redden, Meszaros, Corvo, Pothier, Picard, etc. Volchenkov will be no exception. He won't fit into the high-paced Washington system and will be a cap-nuissance for Washington for the duration of his contract. Methinks a lot of Volchenkov's success is because of Phillips; same with Redden and Meszaros'. See ya Anton. It's been real.

Phillips will turn a guy like Michalek into one of the best all around D men in The NHL if he isnt already. What Phillips does is nothing short of amazing. The guy is as consistant as they come, is a leader amoung leaders, is fantastic in Ottawa and the community, and the fact of the matter is he is an all world D man. He doesnt get nearly the recognition he should.

Next year when he is up for resigning, they better be giving him a lifetime contract, if there is one player The Sens need (even more then Alfi IMO) it's Chris Phillips. With all the tallent coming up on that blueline there has never been more of a need in Ottawa then what Chris Phillips brings.

Phillips is a class act, a credit to The Sens and The City of Ottawa.

N4L wrote:Phillips will turn a guy like Michalek into one of the best all around D men in The NHL if he isnt already. What Phillips does is nothing short of amazing. The guy is as consistant as they come, is a leader amoung leaders, is fantastic in Ottawa and the community, and the fact of the matter is he is an all world D man. He doesnt get nearly the recognition he should.

Next year when he is up for resigning, they better be giving him a lifetime contract, if there is one player The Sens need (even more then Alfi IMO) it's Chris Phillips. With all the tallent coming up on that blueline there has never been more of a need in Ottawa then what Chris Phillips brings.

Very well said. I have to agree. We'll need a field general back there to break these guys in.

I hope Murray gets Michalek. Just give the guy $4x4 and be done with it!

Kovalfie wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I wonder how he'll do if Washington gets him and he's paired with Green...

And the answer is...fail miserably.

I read a post a while back which really got me thinking.

Think of all of Phillips' defence partners in Ottawa. Rather think of all of the defencemen that flourished under the Sens' system and try to name five that have been successful since. With the exception of Chara I can't name anybody, whether it be: Redden, Meszaros, Corvo, Pothier, Picard, etc. Volchenkov will be no exception. He won't fit into the high-paced Washington system and will be a cap-nuissance for Washington for the duration of his contract. Methinks a lot of Volchenkov's success is because of Phillips; same with Redden and Meszaros'. See ya Anton. It's been real.

People complaining that we are getting nothing for A Train, well... we got more then our fair share for Meszaros.

Also, there will be another D man coming in this year to play with Ottawa. Whether it's Michalek, Gonchar, Martin, who ever, there will be a new face on that blueline next year... A Train will be replaced right away and probably with a better player for far less money.

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:Phillips will turn a guy like Michalek into one of the best all around D men in The NHL if he isnt already. What Phillips does is nothing short of amazing. The guy is as consistant as they come, is a leader amoung leaders, is fantastic in Ottawa and the community, and the fact of the matter is he is an all world D man. He doesnt get nearly the recognition he should.

Very well said. I have to agree. We'll need a field general back there to break these guys in.

I hope Murray gets Michalek. Just give the guy $4x4 and be done with it!

Paul Martin is another guy that has to get a serious look. I said it in another thread he is easily the most under rated D man in The NHL and some argue he is actually the best D man in the entire NHL. If Murray would give him a 5 -7 year 5-5.5 mil contract, I will be doing flips.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Gonchar is gonna want $5M-ish as well, if we can't afford A-train I don't see how we can afford him.

Michalek or Hamhuis would be my picks, but BM says he wants a PMD so ....

Paul Martin is another guy I like. I don't think I'd say he's the best d-man in the NHL, but I have to agree that he's one of the most underrated.

Another guy I'd do unholy things to get in Ottawa is Keith Yandle.

hemlock wrote:Paul Martin is another guy I like. I don't think I'd say he's the best d-man in the NHL, but I have to agree that he's one of the most underrated.

Another guy I'd do unholy things to get in Ottawa is Keith Yandle.

I dont think Martin is either but this is the opinion expressed by Bobby Mac and some others who actually think that guy is as good as any D man in the game today. If Ottawa can nab him they have a legit number 1 guy who plays in all situations. Basically, they have their Duncan Keith.

Hoags wrote:Gonchar is gonna want $5M-ish as well, if we can't afford A-train I don't see how we can afford him.

Michalek or Hamhuis would be my picks, but BM says he wants a PMD so ....

Id take Paul Martin over any of the guys you just mentioned.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:

Id take Paul Martin over any of the guys you just mentioned.

You're probably correct, I haven't really seen Martin play (just hear the hype).

Not sure why NJ would let him go, although I imagine it'd be either him or Kovalchuk (assuming he even wants to stay in NJ).

Given the Sens history I just can't see us making a big splash on July 1st, we never really do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum