GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston - prepping for a massive move

+5
smash88
rooneypoo
Cronie
Jordo
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Look out guys (and where's WhamBam? Wink ). There are thunderous whispers out of Boston that Chiarelli is about to make Savard (and his NTC) available to any team that has a bonafide, number one puck moving D-man. Someone that can run his PP with Chara, someone that can also get the puck from the back end to the forwards.

Savard's agent is not surprised, saying "It's been floating around for a while."

Guys like Adrian Aucoin need not apply, this search is apparently for an all-star caliber player.

Thomas Kaberle from the Leafs is being aggressively targeted, but the feeling is the Leafs don't want Savard (?). If a different move can be done, like for example, Kessel, Wideman (doesn't matter that he just signed) and a 1st, both GMs would have to sit down and think about it. The deal could actually end up including...wait for it...Milan Lucic. Why? Because the cost of elite puck-movers are absolutely through the roof.

Keep an eye on this one, the Bs will trade with anyone willing to let go a star puck-mover - so that includes the Eastern Conference and the NE Division.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/2008_10_01_GM_crunches_B_s_numbers:_Cap_issues_affect_roster/srvc=bruins&position=1

2Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:05 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

It would be a HUGE mistake to let go of Lucic. That guy is an absolute monster- but I know what you're saying about puck-movers and QB quarterbacks. I think your best bet now is to recruit young guys and build them into your team.

I think we should target the Blackhawks for Barker. He'll help us FAR more than Khabi will in my opinion. I don't mean to change the subject.

Savard in my opinion doesn't have all that much value, especially when compared to Kaberle. That's not enough.

3Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:It would be a HUGE mistake to let go of Lucic. That guy is an absolute monster- but I know what you're saying about puck-movers and QB quarterbacks. I think your best bet now is to recruit young guys and build them into your team.

I think we should target the Blackhawks for Barker. He'll help us FAR more than Khabi will in my opinion. I don't mean to change the subject.

Savard in my opinion doesn't have all that much value, especially when compared to Kaberle. That's not enough.

I can't Jordo, I just can't justify the price to get Barker, whether it be a high end draft pick, or a one for one for someone like Neil. I like Barker's style of play, but I'm not sure he's what we absolutely need. Bouwmeester is the kind of guy that steps in game 1 and makes a massive impact, but obviously that's not gonna happen right now.

I have to agree with you, let the Bs do what they want to do and we'll wait patiently for someone to panic and offer up a mobile D-man - and maybe in the meantime we'll see that we don't need anyone (which would be great!).

4Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:
Jordo wrote:It would be a HUGE mistake to let go of Lucic. That guy is an absolute monster- but I know what you're saying about puck-movers and QB quarterbacks. I think your best bet now is to recruit young guys and build them into your team.

I can't Jordo, I just can't justify the price to get Barker, whether it be a high end draft pick, or a one for one for someone like Neil. I like Barker's style of play, but I'm not sure he's what we absolutely need. Bouwmeester is the kind of guy that steps in game 1 and makes a massive impact, but obviously that's not gonna happen right now.

I have to agree with you, let the Bs do what they want to do and we'll wait patiently for someone to panic and offer up a mobile D-man - and maybe in the meantime we'll see that we don't need anyone (which would be great!).

I'm actually quite frightened to see the price that Bouwmeester gets this season. With that said, a guy like that almost immediately makes us a favourite in the East, no question.

5Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:
I'm actually quite frightened to see the price that Bouwmeester gets this season. With that said, a guy like that almost immediately makes us a favourite in the East, no question.

He's a rental though, and no one can really consider his talents on the blueline to be better than Hossa's talents at F.

So a 1st, a blue chip prospect, a roster player.

6Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:18 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wow!! It's funny because WhamBam and I were just discussing the possibility of Ciarelli making a splash! Who knew?!?!

Wham's out hunting till the weekend I believe, but I'm sure he'll have something to say about this. Smile

7Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:wow!! It's funny because WhamBam and I were just discussing the possibility of Ciarelli making a splash! Who knew?!?!

Wham's out hunting till the weekend I believe, but I'm sure he'll have something to say about this. Smile

Hunting?

8Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:21 pm

504Heater wrote:Look out guys (and where's WhamBam? Wink ). There are thunderous whispers out of Boston that Chiarelli is about to make Savard (and his NTC) available to any team that has a bonafide, number one puck moving D-man. Someone that can run his PP with Chara, someone that can also get the puck from the back end to the forwards.

Savard's agent is not surprised, saying "It's been floating around for a while."

Guys like Adrian Aucoin need not apply, this search is apparently for an all-star caliber player.

Thomas Kaberle from the Leafs is being aggressively targeted, but the feeling is the Leafs don't want Savard (?). If a different move can be done, like for example, Kessel, Wideman (doesn't matter that he just signed) and a 1st, both GMs would have to sit down and think about it. The deal could actually end up including...wait for it...Milan Lucic. Why? Because the cost of elite puck-movers are absolutely through the roof.

Keep an eye on this one, the Bs will trade with anyone willing to let go a star puck-mover - so that includes the Eastern Conference and the NE Division.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/2008_10_01_GM_crunches_B_s_numbers:_Cap_issues_affect_roster/srvc=bruins&position=1

Savard... Yummy!!! Too bad I looked in our 'puck moving d-man pocket' and there is nothing there but lint.

If the Leafs went for door #2 and it included Lucic, Chiarelli = fool, Fletcher = genius. Can't see it happening for just Kaberle. IMO.

9Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
Savard... Yummy!!! Too bad I looked in our 'puck moving d-man pocket' and there is nothing there but lint.

If the Leafs went for door #2 and it included Lucic, Chiarelli = fool, Fletcher = genius. Can't see it happening for just Kaberle. IMO.

I know...I wish.

Savard, Kessel, Wideman. There's some assets on this team. I doubt they'd EVER trade Lucic, but stranger things have happened for sure.

10Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Look out guys (and where's WhamBam? Wink ). There are thunderous whispers out of Boston that Chiarelli is about to make Savard (and his NTC) available to any team that has a bonafide, number one puck moving D-man. Someone that can run his PP with Chara, someone that can also get the puck from the back end to the forwards.

That'd be a shocker if it happened. Savard is their one truly gifted offensive player, and a guy who been a PPG player or better for years. After him, Boston's top 6 only has question marks (can Bergeron return to form? is Ryder worth a damn anymore?), mediocre, 60-point-at-best guys (like Sturm and Kobasew), and young up-and-comers (Kessel, Lucic, and Krecji) who, good as they are, probably aren't ready to carry the load of being the 1st line, go-to offensive guys on this team. Could Boston's offence really survive with, say, the following top 6?:

Sturm - Bergeron - Ryder
Lucic / Kobasew - Krecji - Kessel

Yikes, I don't know.

I don't get why Boston is suddenly so desperate for a stud D either. They already have Chara, and they pay him a whopping $7 mil / yr. And just this summer, they signed Wideman for $4 mil / 4 years -- why would you do that if you don't think he can do the job for you?

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes, which has me wondering about how much validity there is to the rumour in the first place.

11Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably not much to be honest, but where there's smoke there's fire.

12Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:36 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

That'd be a shocker if it happened. Savard is their one truly gifted offensive player, and a guy who been a PPG player or better for years. After him, Boston's top 6 only has question marks (can Bergeron return to form? is Ryder worth a damn anymore?), mediocre, 60-point-at-best guys (like Sturm and Kobasew), and young up-and-comers (Kessel, Lucic, and Krecji) who, good as they are, probably aren't ready to carry the load of being the 1st line, go-to offensive guys on this team. Could Boston's offence really survive with, say, the following top 6?:

Sturm - Bergeron - Ryder
Lucic / Kobasew - Krecji - Kessel

Yikes, I don't know.

I don't get why Boston is suddenly so desperate for a stud D either. They already have Chara, and they pay him a whopping $7 mil / yr. And just this summer, they signed Wideman for $4 mil / 4 years -- why would you do that if you don't think he can do the job for you?

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes, which has me wondering about how much validity there is to the rumour in the first place.

Yeah I don't know about this one... I agree that Savard is a mainstay on that team.. It would be foolish to let him go...

13Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:40 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Probably not much to be honest, but where there's smoke there's fire.

But sometimes it's just "smoke" coming out of random-internet-guy's Donkey -- in which case, instead of their being smoke where there's fire, there's just (bull)Dung where there's flatulence.

14Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:Probably not much to be honest, but where there's smoke there's fire.

But sometimes it's just "smoke" coming out of random-internet-guy's Donkey -- in which case, instead of their being smoke where there's fire, there's just (bull)Dung where there's flatulence.

LOL. Yeah, that's one way to look at it.

I personally do NOT think it's BS. Chiarelli has admitted that he's looking to make a deal and the coming out party of David Krejci last year might allow him to move something that is league-wide considered a strong asset. If...Savard it willing to talk about waiving his NTC.

I can agree with his viewpoint, the time to take the East is now. The Sens don't have the team IMO, but Boston is one or two players away. It would completely depend on who they get back for Savard.

Don't be too quick to dismiss these rumours, they're coming from multiple sources. Some good, some bad, but nevertheless there's certainly talk.

One name I just heard was Savard for Bouwmeester which would hinge on Bouwmeester signing an extension. I don't mind that trade at all for either team.

15Boston - prepping for a massive move Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is Boston snags Bow, well, to quote Bill Paxton from Aliens: "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum