GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston - prepping for a massive move

+5
smash88
rooneypoo
Cronie
Jordo
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Spector reports today the Chiarelli has denied that he's shopping Savard, and Spector himself thinks BOS trading Savard is highly unlikely for all the reasons I've listed above.

Whew. I thought I was missing something there for a while. Trust the old instincts!

From Spector:

BOSTON HERALD: Stephen Harris reports Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli denied a report in yesterday's Herald that top center Marc Savard might be traded. “We’re not looking to trade Marc Savard,” said Chiarelli, who didn’t rule out other deals. “There’s a chance. I’m looking to improve the team. I’ve had a couple of discussions, more than a couple.”

WEEI.COM: Joe Haggerty (under the "This Just In" segment) recently reported Chiarelli said there was a "better than fifty percent chance" that he could make a trade prior to the start of the NHL season on October 9th.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: It would be absurd for Chiarelli to move Savard, but it does appear that he could be making a trade in the coming days. He's seeking a top defenseman and has depth at forward he could try to parlay, but Savard won't be part of any deal, or Patrice Bergeron for that matter.

32Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Eklund's latest:

Savard to VAN for Bieksa, though he feels Bieksa alone may not be enough. Would be a good trade for Vancouver as they'd get some much needed offense for their franchise goalie.

Now if only they could deal the Sedin's...

33Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:05 am

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Is Boston snags Bow, well, to quote Bill Paxton from Aliens: "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!"

Nah, there's no way they are getting Bow, It just can't happen! Well it could, but I really don't want it too! :D

34Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:58 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

Woh, alot to read, just got back from blasting ducks. I would really hope that there is no such rumour about Savard. The idea was to build a support system around him, not tear him down. I know Krejci is most likely ready to break out and possibly handle that second line center duty but comon. We need Savard.

Hockey leaks is today reporting that Boston has an offer in place for Radulov. Hockeyleaks.com has learned that the Bruins have offered a package including Manny Fernandez and PJ axelsson to the Predators in exchange for Radulov and another unnamed player. Stay tuned to Hockeyleaks.com for the latest

That would rule, even if he didnt come over and play this year because we would unload salary, clear cap space and possibly make room for a moving defenseman. something is happening very soon. Schaefer can pack his bags. And Wheeler can maybe look for a spot in Boston and now possibly Rask if Fernandez gets moved.

35Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahhaha. Blasting ducks, I laughed out loud.

Watch for this rumour, because I keep hearing it over and over and over....

To Chicago:
Savard

To Boston:
Seabrooke
Skille

Dependent on if Savard will waive his NTC (and rumours are he would to go to Chicago).

Check it!

36Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:14 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

I hope it doesnt happen, I think the loss of Savard would really hurt this team this year. Although i am hearing alot about he looks like he isnt trying very hard in pre-season and it is affecting anyone who is lined up with him. Especially Ryder...go figure...Now if the Radulov rumour has any legs id be exstatic....

37Boston - prepping for a massive move - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston - prepping for a massive move Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WhamBamCam wrote:I hope it doesnt happen, I think the loss of Savard would really hurt this team this year. Although i am hearing alot about he looks like he isnt trying very hard in pre-season and it is affecting anyone who is lined up with him. Especially Ryder...go figure...Now if the Radulov rumour has any legs id be exstatic....

I suppose...

What the heck would the frugal Nashville Predators do with another goalie who's making 4.5 million? Ellis is a bargain, they should thank their luck stars he stayed for that price. They just traded that nerd Mason to make room for him - and he would've cost less than Manny - and be arguably better.

It wouldn't make any sense financially or from a hockey POV for Nashville. We'll give you Radulov, but we don't want Manny, Schaeffer or Axelsson really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum